Game Day Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Fri 16 Sept, 7:50pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its quite easy really, we come out kick the first 2 in the 3rd and break anything they have left, if they come out and kick the first 2 look out.

I feel the communal pain re Hawkins’ kicking, but let’s not forget the work he is doing to get those shots. Every time he’s winning a contest, the Lions aren’t rebounding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should be over, Hawkins would be feeling shitty if this falls apart. They will man Stewart up in second half and take it on, so don't think it will be as easy in second half

Cats playing very well.
Kolo Stewart Zach Guthrie well on top.
Duncan and Smith not getting much of a look in
If it clicks in second half could be a brilliant set up for next week.

It's not all doom and gloom. Hawk has kicked one and given off a couple. Yes he should have kicked a couple more but we're 30 up and he's contributing.

Smart thing to do next time he has a set shot would be a dish off to a Cameron / Close / Stengle

Hawkins has actually been huge - played a great half...except the obvious. Agree with others though, it's happened too often in finals to be a coincidence. The pressure clearly affects him.

Still love him though.

Biggest issue for Hawkins is that he's not kicking through the ball and rather he's trying to guide it, so he leans back on it

He needs to start putting a bit more into his kicks, compared with being too gentle with the ball

Seems that way.

After the snap in the square i thought he was going to be ok.

Im nearly behide him.
Easy shots for a forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HIghlights
Zach's toepoke to himself.
The lead up and completion of the Miers goal.
The end to end leading to Hawk's goal.

We are owning them. Four scoring shots in a half. Zorko has basically been invisible.
Geelong should be sponsored by Great Wall Motors! (I'm joking - must be Ford in perpetuity.)

Funny! .... I said imagine being BRis when you look up coming out of D and there's The Great Wall.

It's not all doom and gloom. Hawk has kicked one and given off a couple. Yes he should have kicked a couple more but we're 30 up and he's contributing.

Smart thing to do next time he has a set shot would be a dish off to a Cameron / Close / Stengle
Should have kicked. Couple? Wow.

He tightened up and choked. If that comes back to haunt us I'll be pissed.

5 goals to the good with Hawk not being able to hit the side of a barn. Could Brisbane dive on the ground and throw thier heads back any more? They know they cant win it fair and square.

Last edited:
Seems that way.

After the snap in the square i thought he was going to be ok.

Im nearly behide him.
Easy shots for a forward
I'm sitting behind our cheer squad, so a good view of a few of those shots on goal

They seem to start on line but then drift - he needs to start getting angry at the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back