Preview Preliminary Final: Collingwood v GWS, MCG 22 September, 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riccardi has been great in recent weeks, but he was just going for much of the season. Briggs will be sore and I think Coxy can jump all over him. He is not overly tall. Thye have a quality defense which we are going to have to work very hard to break down. I saw they have lost one one on one contest in recent weeks. I think King said we were 14 wins and 4 losses in defensive one on ones and they have lost one in 30 odd one on ones so far in the finals.
Let’s not give them any… or at worst halve them. Elliott, Checkers, McCreery and Hill on the lead…

totally agree ..lots talking about toby and tom green but Whitfield lit the fuse on Saturday ..nearly 500 meters gained ..need to put a lot of work into him with defensive forward close

He can be stopped aswell.

Riccardi has been great in recent weeks, but he was just going for much of the season. Briggs will be sore and I think Coxy can jump all over him. He is not overly tall. Thye have a quality defense which we are going to have to work very hard to break down. I saw they have lost one one on one contest in recent weeks. I think King said we were 14 wins and 4 losses in defensive one on ones and they have lost one in 30 odd one on ones so far in the finals.
I might be bias. But I think we are better offensively. Greene is the best forward out of both teams and by a stretch no doubt. After that, hogan has had a good season but he doesn’t scare me as a KPF. Riccardi the same. I think we are more potent tbh, forward atleast . Midfield they edge us at centre stoppages. Defense are both pretty even and strong.

My only hope is Briggs looks like he will be severely hampered above the shoulder

I might be bias. But I think we are better offensively. Greene is the best forward out of both teams and by a stretch no doubt. After that, hogan has had a good season but he doesn’t scare me as a KPF. Riccardi the same. I think we are more potent tbh, forward atleast . Midfield they edge us at centre stoppages. Defense are both pretty even and strong.

My only hope is Briggs looks like he will be severely hampered above the shoulder
Yes, I feel like we have good match ups for their forward set up but anything can happen in one game.

I am going to call Mr McRae and tell him we best not turn up. Listening to the radio today you would think we are playing a colossus that is undefeated. Let's see how they go under brutal pressure. Seriously, hit this mob hard from the start and they will fold. Get the crowd involved and they will break. Bring it on.

I am going to call Mr McRae and tell him we best not turn up. Listening to the radio today you would think we are playing a colossus that is undefeated. Let's see how they go under brutal pressure. Seriously, hit this mob hard from the start and they will fold. Get the crowd involved and they will break. Bring it on.

It’s kinda nuts

Based purely on the footy media since Saturday night, you’d think Collingwood landed a wild card into finals after finishing 11th up against GWS who finished top of the ladder after an undefeated season lol

It’s kinda nuts

Based purely on the footy media since Saturday night, you’d think Collingwood landed a wild card into finals after finishing 11th up against GWS who finished top of the ladder after an undefeated season lol
I've heard media singing the praises of GWS as they are an exciting team with a great Win/Loss in the second half of the season, but none of them said they were even tipping GWS. Kingy and Whateley for instance both still had Pies higher on their seedings segment and Kane outright said he strongly favoured Collingwood.

I've heard media singing the praises of GWS as they are an exciting team with a great Win/Loss in the second half of the season, but none of them said they were even tipping GWS. Kingy and Whateley for instance both still had Pies higher on their seedings segment and Kane outright said he strongly favoured Collingwood.

Hedge betting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah the GWS/Carlton media circle jerk is in full flight. They'll all be in shock when 1st and 2nd win through to the GF like it is some kind of freak event the dipshits

Yeah the GWS/Carlton media circle jerk is in full flight. They'll all be in shock when 1st and 2nd win through to the GF like it is some kind of freak event the dipshits
My disdain for Carlton on is un natural. That said. iF we win, I’d take playing them over bris any day. Theres no line we don’t match or beat them. Midfield with daicos, Degoey and Mitchell we match them

Offensively and defensively we beat them with talent.

30+ GF win if we make the GF and play the blues.

In 2010 I was happy the saints beat geel. Whilst I hate the blues, IF we win fri, I’ll also be somewhat happy if we aren’t playing bris

Last edited:
Spot on. Winning this is not about finesse, it is about intensity, pressure and desire. GWS is the real deal and will have a decent dig at it. Shaping like 2011 prelim, 4 quarters of intensity. The key positive for me is that we beat Melbourne with so many playing average games. Looking for some big performances, particularly JDG.

JFN could come in due to matchups.
He's not suited to playing on gorillas, but he would be well suited to playing on players like Bedford and Daniels, who are small & quick.
JFN needs to do the IQ offseason and bulk up so he can hold his ground in 1v1's a bit better.
Ginnivan needs to do a full offseason focussed on legwork and sprint training.

Don't you need another out for N Daicos or am I mathematically challenged? Who would your sub be?

I'm mathematically challenged. I'd drop Lipinski. Sub from Ginnivan, Noble or Markov.

My disdain for Carlton on is un natural.
Un-natural, or completely natural for a Collingwood supporter?

Funny story. I taught my kids to substitute different words for the Blues’ song, so now they’re the stinky blues who smell like stinky poos. They sung this to my ex-mother in-law, and their two aunties who are all die hard Carlton supporters.

Their mum went mad at me but I couldn’t be prouder of them 😁

Surley players like Elliott, crisp,pendles,sidebotom and Mitchell have loved only having one game in 3 weeks

Bodies are as fresh as they can be at this time of year .

Come out breathing fire

Kick the first 2 goals get the crowd going

Carn Woods

Fs
You missed the "1" before the "2".;)

Funny story. I taught my kids to substitute different words for the Blues’ song, so now they’re the stinky blues who smell like stinky poos. They sung this to my ex-mother in-law, and their two aunties who are all die hard Carlton supporters.

Agree..it's perfectly natural as a Collingwood supporter to loathe Carlton.

In fact, I'd go as far to say, you're really not a true Collingwood supporter unless you do despise Carlscum with every fibre of your being.

I hate Carlton so much, I couldn’t watch the last few minutes of the game against Melb. It was nervousness as if we were playing. It’s not healthy how much I hate them.

Agree..it's perfectly natural as a Collingwood supporter to loathe Carlton.

In fact, I'd go as far to say, you're really not a true Collingwood supporter unless you do despise Carlscum with every fibre of your being.
In my family, they've always been referred to as "the scum".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back