Preview Preliminary Final: Collingwood v GWS, MCG 22 September, 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget a few matches earlier on in the year where JFN willed himself time and time again and was key reason to a win or two late.

The ploy to drop him could pay dividends if he comes back in with a hunger and desire to prove his worth.

Can see him doing some good one on one stuff late in the piece. Go JFN you little champ

from my Delorean
And Fly has spoken about players finding the hunger again.. example he used was when Cox was dropped to the 2's.

I wonder which Collingwood player is going to be target by GWS with an “accidental” eye poke this week?

Might be best to the equip the players with a pair of Mason’s goggles each to be safe.

I wonder which Collingwood player is going to be target by GWS with an “accidental” eye poke this week?

Might be best to the equip the players with a pair of Mason’s goggles each to be safe.
What are you on about?

If this was VFA footy in the 80's, we would have just given him an uppercut and the job would be done. The only problem is an opposition player will more than likely give a smack in the chops as retribution. God I miss those days

Lol..can totally relate.

I wanted us to win our game against Dee's the other week as much as I wanted Blues to lose their match against Swans.

I was thoroughly enjoying watching the blood drain from the Blues supporters faces in the last 3 minutes in Friday's match...then stormed off to bed in the shits when Acres kicked that goal.
I was the same haha. Literally stormed out of the room. You had one bloody job Dees!

What are you on about?

against St.Kilda, Mason Wood was “accidentally“ poked in the eye by Toby Greene (someone with a history)

against Port, Jason Horne-Francis was “accidentally“ poked in the eye by Coniglio

So I’m just wondering who they’ll target from Collingwood

Hawthorn has a similar tactic with dead legs. Clarkson used to coach it and Mitchell was huge on giving them. His team does the same. Daicos wasn’t the only one who copped a knee against the Hawks.

against St.Kilda, Mason Wood was “accidentally“ poked in the eye by Toby Greene (someone with a history)

against Port, Jason Horne-Francis was “accidentally“ poked in the eye by Coniglio

Hawthorn has a similar tactic with dead legs. Clarkson used to coach it and Mitchell was huge on giving them. His team does the same. Daicos wasn’t the only one who copped a knee against the Hawks.
I really doubt that is a deliberate tactic

I really doubt that is a deliberate tactic

I don't. But that's ok, we can disagree.

I just think it's a little too coincidental to just be a pure coincidence.

That a team, whose captain has a history of eye gouging has two weeks in a row, "accidentally" poked opposition players in the eyes in important finals.

I just think that calling that a coincidence is a little too convenient. But maybe that's just me.

So...hypothetically, if we see a Collingwood player get poked in the eye on Friday night, will you still think it's once again a pure coincidence? Genuinely asking.

That a team, whose captain has a history of eye gouging has two weeks in a row, "accidentally" poked opposition players in the eyes in important finals.

I just think that calling that a coincidence is a little too convenient. But maybe that's just me.

So...hypothetically, if we see a Collingwood player get poked in the eye on Friday night, will you still think it's once again a pure coincidence? Genuinely asking.
like Rayners accidental knees in the back of the head

If this was VFA footy in the 80's, we would have just given him an uppercut and the job would be done. The only problem is an opposition player will more than likely give a smack in the chops as retribution. God I miss those days
Yeah coz punching blokes in the head and being punched in the head was so much fun back in the day. When I played I used to wake up on Saturday mornings bursting with eager anticipation at the thought of being punched in the head. :drunk:

Last edited:

It's impossible to deliberately line up your thumb or finger with someone's eye in a millisecond while contesting the football. You are being silly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coincidence

The question you should be asking is, do you think a GWS player would risk playing in a GF to eye gouge someone?

The question you should be asking is, do you think a GWS player would risk playing in a GF to eye gouge someone?

Coniglio and Greene didn't get suspended.

They were "accidents"

It's impossible to deliberately line up your thumb or finger with someone's eye in a millisecond while contesting the football. You are being silly.
Easy to defend:

images

Some pretty hardcore conspiracy theorising
Take a look at the Green incident against Mason Wood - I've only seen it once, what stuck out to me was that Green's fingers were in a very weird position - agree that it's a long bow to draw that it's deliberate, but two significant pokes in the eye, two weeks running by the same team seems like a bit of a co-incidence (I don't recall any pokes in the eye in the other games over the past two weeks - certainly nothing as significant as the one that Wood and JHF received)

Take a look at the Green incident against Mason Wood - I've only seen it once, what stuck out to me was that Green's fingers were in a very weird position - agree that it's a long bow to draw that it's deliberate, but two significant pokes in the eye, two weeks running by the same team seems like a bit of a co-incidence (I don't recall any pokes in the eye in the other games over the past two weeks - certainly nothing as significant as the one that Wood and JHF received)

Oh I saw the Greene one on Wood

His fingers/thumb got RIGHT in his eye cavity. This wasn't some accidental "swipe" or graze across the eye. If Greene was contesting the ball at the time, what are his fingers even doing up there, let alone getting RIGHT into his eye.

monty-python-holy-grail-and-the-flying-circus-john-cleese.gif

Yeah, see I blame Ed (succession plan) and Mick (sulking) more for the 2011 loss

Yep, Malthouse petulantly racked the cue at HT of the 2011 GF. It was a like he was sending a big Fcuk You to Eddie and Bucks. It was the worst coaching performance of his career.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back