Game Day Preliminary Final : Eagles v North Melbourne 26/9/15 5.45pm - On the Precipice

Remove this Banner Ad

I've worried about this sort of mentallity from the players all year, yet apart from the GC game, it hasn't really happened. I reckon would be ontop of it, and not let them get carried away. They all seem pretty level headed, from the outside anyway.

yeah that's the feeling I get to but we have seen other teams in PF struggle to play their best when they are expected to win

So from our last 5 meetings with North, we've had more scoring shots 4 of those 5, yet lost 2 of the last 5 games.

25-20 - Loss - 2015
14-22 - loss - 2014
30-23 - win - 2013
42-21 - win - 2012
16-19 - win - 2012

What's the point you may ask, it makes me feel better about this game, knowing that we have had opportunites in all those games, and obviously wasted a few. Kick straight, early, like our game against the Swans (5.0 - 0.5 at QT) & we should be able to go on with it.

It was great to read that we will be at full strength for the prelim - great also to hear Eazy was in full training mode with the squad - could he be a rough chance to come in? Would be a risk, but if he is doing it all on the track, and wants to come in, would they say no? Shuey and Masto trained well, so no problems there, Mr Hagdorn.

It was great to read that we will be at full strength for the prelim - great also to hear Eazy was in full training mode with the squad - could he be a rough chance to come in? Would be a risk, but if he is doing it all on the track, and wants to come in, would they say no? Shuey and Masto trained well, so no problems there, Mr Hagdorn.

No chance, he'll be doing well to play Rd. 1 next season IMO.

Imagine on GF day, In: Crowley & Emac, both haven't played Footy for a whole year! Will not happen though.

Absolutely no chance I'd say.

No way will they risk Emac.

Still has a way to go to get match fit before he could play a full game let alone a final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm more chance of playing than Eric.

Matchups

Forward line
Kennedy - Tarrant = win
Darling - Thompson = loss
Lecras - Firitto = win
Cripps - MacMillan = win
Hill - Atley = win
Sinclair - Hansen = loss
4/6 win

Midfield
Naitanui - Goldstein = win
Shuey - Jacobs = loss
Priddis - Ziebell = win
Gaff - Dal Santo = win
Masten - Gibson = win
Hutchings - Cunnington = loss
Yeo - Wright = win
Sheed - Swallow = loss
5/8 win

Backs
McGovern - Waite = win
Schofield - Petrie = loss
Wellingham - Higgins = win
Sheppard - Brown = win
Hurn - Thomas = win
Ellis - Harvey = loss
4/6 win

Reckon Sinclair-Hansen is 50-50 and so is Atley-Hill. Feel like Shuey could destroy Jacobs though, i dont think hes tagged anyone with that kind of explosiveness before?

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Preliminary Final : Eagles v North Melbourne 26/9/15 5.45pm - On the Precipice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back