Game Day Preliminary Final: Hawthorn v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, couldn't really sleep last night, watched the 89 thing on ch9, then watched some breaking bad, then I watched some other videos online....... and then I played poker till about 3:30am this morning, woke up at 8. Reading paper, and now on my 3rd cup of Coffee... starting to pace up and down the hallway of my house....

Sitting at my desk pretending to work, reading Big Footy. After watching the 89 final last night, can't concentrate.

It has to end tonight.

It has to end sometime. It's gotta be tonight!

How poetic it would be! For 11 matches we've been the butt of jokes in the football world. A win tonight would completely turn it around so sharply and magnified ten fold!

Hi All,

Apologies for the intrusion, but as an opposition supporter, I just wanted to wish you all the best of luck for tonight.

I will be genuinely and vociferously supporting Hawthorn in tonight's match and if successful, next week also. The Hawks are the best team in the competition, that is clear. Certainly the most talented, but as we know talent doesnt guarantee success. I see however a real steely resolve about the Hawks this year and I believe Number 11 is imminent...

As a youngster growing up in here in Perth, all I knew was WCE. However at the same time, my love and passion for the game lead me to read all of the history books on Australian Rules Football, the VFL etc. I found the Hawthorn story inspiring, how a downtrodden and beaten club transformed itself under the guidance of some of the greatest men involved in our game to become a modern powerhouse. In fact, one of my earliest and most vivid memories of footy was as a 6 year old in early 1994, the Hawks had come to Subiaco and belted the Eagles. I declared to my parents that I would no longer be supporting WCE, I would now support Hawthorn! Needless to say that did not last :p but I have always admired the Hawks.

Enough of my rambling, its time to end all this "curse" rubbish and crush those Cats tonight! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know if it is mind racing at 100 miles and hour or what but I am getting the "late change" feeling every time I look at the team. Something keeps telling me Anderson in, someone out.

Maybe it is my subconscious want showing through

I am about to go for a run. I am not a particular fit or fast runner. Reckon I could pump out 20k right now at Olympic marathon pace (expecting that to subside after about 200m!)

Just came back from a run QuietB. In honour of the boys tonight, I ran an extra 1600m.
Yep - goin' the extra mile.;)

Conditions will be perfect tonight. Wind is forecast to subside and it is not that strong anyway. Few showers this morning will be no different to a dew tonight. Weather is no excuse.
Latest issued at 9:05 is wind dying off between 6 and 8pm, same time as the showers clear

Haven't felt so nervous and sick before a game ever, even more so than the past two GF's we've been involved in. Praying we're 10 goals up at the start of the final quarter otherwise i'll be a nervous wreck.

Sitting at my desk pretending to work, reading Big Footy. After watching the 89 final last night, can't concentrate.

It has to end tonight.

+1 to this. Absolutely cannot concentrate, Bigfooty productivity is @ 100%!

That doco was unfairly screened finishing at 11.30. COuldn't sleep.. had Jeansy's inspiring booming voice ringing through my ears trying to get to sleep!PUMPED! Go Hawks - Enough is enough, get it done tonight!!

Won't be at the G but will be with the boys in spirit (via tv). Woo Hoo tonight is but one more step, but given the history one I will savour.

I am hoping for a relaxed evening, but the Cats are a great team too, and I reckon it will be closeish most of the evening and then we will finally prevail by three to four goals.

HHHHAAAAAAAAWWWWWWTTTTTHHHHHHHOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nervous. Very nervous but excited all the same.

If anyone wants something else to do to kill time watch the replay of the Swans qualifying final game where Lake kicks the goal. The camera stays on him almost the whole time as he runs back to FB and my God is he focussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back