2nds Preliminary Final Northern Bullants v Williamstown Seagulls

Remove this Banner Ad

ZT caps off a magnificent day for himself and the Bullants with a goal to finish some great counter attacking play from the boys.

Siren. WS - 11.12.78 def by Northan Bullants 16.8.104

Jacobs interviewed. '3rd qtr 'premiership' qtr,very good spirit at the bullants, their heart got them through'. Good down to earth bloke. I think he just f'd up, let slip he will be with us next year. Just lost 25k off his contract.

Arrowsmith would have had to have been best on ground. Started strong for you guys, kicked an early goal... ah point, and put the game out of reach at the death.

Deserves another crack on an AFL list. A real big game player.

ZT caps off a magnificent day for himself and the Bullants with a goal to finish some great counter attacking play from the boys.

Jacobs interviewed. '3rd qtr 'premiership' qtr,very good spirit at the bullants, their heart got them through'. Good down to earth bloke. I think he just f'd up, let slip he will be with us next year. Just lost 25k off his contract.

I missed that. What did he say about next year?

Jacobs increased his value with that effort! :thumbsu:

l don't think Jacobs was convincing at all on his future in fact he was fairly non-committal.
l think you need to watch the interview again, as if anything it did not provide confidence that
he will stay at Carlton.

l think alot will depend on opportunities offered to him, as certainly he would be No.1 ruck at several melbourne clubs & probably a few interstate teams also.

Cleary aske sauce if he would be at Carlton next year and he hesitantly said yeah, yeah I'll be there. Seemed to be he answered truthfully then halfway through saying yeah realised 'hang on the club doesn't want the other clubs to know I'm staying'.

Could mean absolutely nothing but looking at his body language and tone of voice (positives) seemed to be he knows he will be at Carlton next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cleary aske sauce if he would be at Carlton next year and he hesitantly said yeah, yeah I'll be there. Seemed to be he answered truthfully then halfway through saying yeah realised 'hang on the club doesn't want the other clubs to know I'm staying'.

Could mean absolutely nothing but looking at his body language and tone of voice (positives) seemed to be he knows he will be at Carlton next year.

IMO, he didn't sound to convincing. Hesitant to say yes. You guys would be pretty hard done by if he goes. Looks the goods.

You would think the only reason he would leave would be the go home factor. I am sure we would offer decent money. Hope he stays.:thumbsu:

Agree. A non issue really (in this thread) just found it interesting. Congratulations to the Northern Bullants and good luck in the granny next week.

IMO, he didn't sound to convincing. Hesitant to say yes. You guys would be pretty hard done by if he goes. Looks the goods.

I agree, didn't sound terribly convincing
But I think it is understandable that he may not want to hang around when there are 4 rucks on the list that could all play in the senior side (regardless of merit - i.e Hammer)

Sure isn't doing his trade value much harm with a couple of good displays :cool:

Actually I read it the other way. I thought he was surprised by Clearly's question and blurted out an unconvincing yeah.. yeah sure and then it seemed like he couldn't get away quick enough.

Got a hot handball there from Thornton and lost it, but at least he's backed himself to take them on and push up field.

Browne has clean hands below his knees and puts his head over it.

Looks like Kerr.

I think I saw Browne and Kerr directing teammates as to where to stand.

Ellard can't kick.

Tuohy is just a beautiful kick.

After another half of VFL footy, Jacobs will have developed into Matthew Allan or Matthew Kreuzer. :p :D

Ratten is there with Sticks.

Looking forward to that coaching review...

The cameras spot Setanta, but miss Waite, Bower, Murphy and Warnock.

LOL.

Great to see Warnock and Mclean rested for next year.
except the winning goal?

Williamstown 3.1 5.5 6.7 11.12 (78)
Northern Bullants 1.5 4.5 10.7 16.8 (104)

GOALS:
Williamstown: Everitt 3 Rose 2 Roughead 2 Davies Little Stack Johnson
Northern Bullants: Arrowsmith 3 Fisher 2 Kerr 2 Casboult 2 Saad 2 McCorkell Anderson Tuohy Johnson Ellard

BEST:
Williamstown: Faulks Rampe Davies Jolley Hill Markovic
Northern Bullants: Iacobucci Thornton McCorkell Browne Jacobs Gale

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Williamstown: Nil
Northern Bullants: Nil

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Preliminary Final Northern Bullants v Williamstown Seagulls

Remove this Banner Ad

Back