Review Preliminary Final vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

talking about the.Bow and arrow then getting in the face of Lynch

Lmao, lynch was obviously talking shit to him to try and put him off, then he nailed a clutch goal.

No AFL player has ever rubbed it in the face of the opposition after a backfire like that have they? Bizarre thing to focus on.

Anyone else just feel empty this morning? One flipping job lads and we shat the bed and how can we tackle so well and not be rewarded for the opposition dropping the ball. So many times

Port blew the game by lacking composure...fluffed a goal per quarter thru rushing or missing shots...Marshall, Burton and Boak missing comes to mind.

Too many needless frees kicks went Richmond's way - Ladhams a big culprit and the umpires picking and choosing HTB another reason.

Ports forward efficiency was really poor as it was either hack kicks or long to the outnumber.

Reality was Richmond played well but not great and still won due to Port's decision making errors with ball in hand.

Biggest reason in my opinion was losing clearances in last quarter - this sounds harsh but Boak, Wines and Rockliff were woeful when the game was on the line. Kicking efficiency of these 3 was abysmal.

Rockliff had a game to absolutely forget, for experienced player he has no excuses.

Port are more than capable to beat Richmond but just didn't play well tonight which will no doubt sting.
Perfect summation. In addition, Dixon played too high.

So Matt Stevic umpired the 2016 grand final.

Its all.starting to make so much more sense now.

Mate he umpired the 2015 Freo v Hawks prelim too and changed the course of that game. He’s a VFL plant, I’m sure of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have to admire Ebert. For a player who's taken so many knocks to the head he had zero hesitation in running backwards into that marking contest. Inspirational stuff. He'd be hurting like hell after the loss but he played quite the game in possibly his last.

Is Lycett not match fit? Destroyed Nankervis in the first half, got belted in the third then sat on the bench for good portions of the fourth.
Our whole midfield looked cooked late in the third and into the 4th.

Rockliff tried to get off early in the 4th but had no one to swap with. A player like him that can only play inside becomes a liability when your down rotations and you need to mix it up.

You have to admire Ebert. For a player who's taken so many knocks to the head he had zero hesitation in running backwards into that marking contest. Inspirational stuff. He'd be hurting like hell after the loss but he played quite the game in possibly his last.
A couple of minutes before he took one running back with the flight on the half back line from an errant kick. I though to myself, there is no one I’d rather have going back for a mark/spoil than him.

Queue the Reiwolt spoil mins later.

He’s as fearless as they come and what a true “hard” footballer is.

I’m glad he’s hanging them up and taking care of himself.

Anyone else just feel empty this morning? One f*n job lads and we shat the bed and how can we tackle so well and not be rewarded for the opposition dropping the ball. So many times
Empty.
Sad.
Disillusioned.
Angry.
Frustrated.
Numb.
Let down.
All of the above.

One we lost that we shouldn't have.
Had more than enough of the play and control of the game to do so.

Lacked forward craft and composure in front of goal and when entering the forward 50 but botched so many chances.

Dominated the ruck (LMAO that Nank was rated better than Lycett - what game were they watching?).
Had more inside 50's.
Defence was absolutely miserly.
Running mids were excellent

But missed shots, dumb kicks forward, fumbles when in the ckear - all contributed to the debacle. Too many senior players (Slyce and Ebo excepted) let the side down.

The younger blokes were great. Most stood up in the cauldron. Rozee, Houston, X, Amon and after nervous starts Pistol, DBJ, Zac and Todd had their moments.

So the year was wasted.

Need to restock the 23 to 26yo group with players who have played well in finals and let our existing young ones gather experience.

Maybe in a few years, we can then make another charge at the trophy?

Meanwhile I will just fume, rant, rage, dream of past glories (getting close to 20 years ago now 😠😒😥) and sigh uncontrollably at what should have been.

Sorry to intrude

Been a big fan of Port since I was a kid(love the song and colours) and admired how funny, friendly and passionate you were at the ‘14 prelim. Thanks for making that game even more memorable just for the nervous laughs I shared with you across the aisle as the game got close.

Really loved watching you guys this year and should be so proud of what your club has done. The young guys are so enjoyable to watch and will continue to be stars in your side, Duursma being a particular favourite. The older players are great to watch when on, although let you down last night.

Really shattered with the result, would’ve loved to see you go all the way. Hopefully you can bottle the hurt And maintain the rage for next year.

A couple of minutes before he took one running back with the flight on the half back line from an errant kick. I though to myself, there is no one I’d rather have going back for a mark/spoil than him.

Queue the Reiwolt spoil mins later.

He’s as fearless as they come and what a true “hard” footballer is.

I’m glad he’s hanging them up and taking care of himself.
Well done Brad.
True Champ.
Done the Ebert name proud.
Enjoy retirement you great warrior - you have deserved it.
👍🥇

Our whole midfield looked cooked late in the third and into the 4th.

Rockliff tried to get off early in the 4th but had no one to swap with. A player like him that can only play inside becomes a liability when your down rotations and you need to mix it up.
Lycett's centre wing sprint away from a Richmond small and shortly after his 45m goal from near the boundary suggest he ran out the game ok.

Didn't lower his colours to Nank at any stage. In our top 5 on the night.

But agree we would have struggled to play at our best next week had we won. Out on our feet at the end. Gave our all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Preliminary Final vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back