A Section Premier 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old Carey v SBMT Must win
Old Trinity v Bernies At home, Bernies been having a good run, and Panthers need it
DLS v Collegians Collegians to bounce bac. Too good to lose 2 in a row
Xavs v Scotch Because Panthers need OS to lose
Caulfield v Blues Been getting closer to a win, this week is it

Any other Clubs used 43 players this season?
Yep, Skev's with 47, only used 24 up until round 5.

Carey- Outlass St Bedes, 6-8 goals
Bernards- To string together three in a row in a tight contest. less than 2 goals
Collegians- 5+ goals, class outfit.
Xavs- Get one back over scotchies, in the return fixture, 4-6 goals
Caulfield- to notch their first win of the season

Goodluck to all teams, looking forward to another cracking week of A section footy.

Carey
Bernards
De La
Xavs
Caulfield

do u think they will get promoted this year brian?
will harf get them peaking at the business end this year?

Murph, you should know better and check Brian's "facts".
Always deduct 10 to 20% from his guesses.
SKOB's will make the finals, to get them to a GF would be a very good achievement.

Murph, you should know better and check Brian's "facts".
Always deduct 10 to 20% from his guesses.
SKOB's will make the finals, to get them to a GF would be a very good achievement.

was just a general question
pretty much every A or B grade club will use 35-45 players in the senior team each year
skobs have a bit of carlton about them, great on paper, up and firing early, usually high expectations and it just doesnt go right at the right time
I would love to see them back in A Grade personally

was just a general question
pretty much every A or B grade club will use 35-45 players in the senior team each year
skobs have a bit of carlton about them, great on paper, up and firing early, usually high expectations and it just doesnt go right at the right time
I would love to see them back in A Grade personally

There's a huge difference between 35 and 45. A premiership team would rarely go beyond the 35 unless they were resting or had some minor injuries. Being stretched to 45 would put finals in doubt unless you had XAv like depth.

Yes I agree FB
I was only taking brians numbers with a grain of salt
But as I said I hope they do get promoted, been very close for a few years now, just need to peak at the right time

Old Carey v St Bedes Mentone - At home will get it done.
Old Trinity v St Bernards - Trinity are good at home, but Bernies are looking better.
De La Salle v Collegians - Collegians will win on the rebound.
Old Xavier v Old Scotch - Toss a coin and stayed with the home side.
Caulfield v Uni Blues - I start to get worried when other start picking my boys, but I have to agree that they are a real chance this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

for what it's worth I didn't realise that SKOB were in Premier and Xavs ran the VAFA website. What a joke the VAFA is putting up a full page article on a game change, surely that is what the old xavs have their own web site for???? their clear bias is embarassing

for what it's worth I didn't realise that SKOB were in Premier and Xavs ran the VAFA website. What a joke the VAFA is putting up a full page article on a game change, surely that is what the old xavs have their own web site for???? their clear bias is embarassing

Please.....

Carey - starting to hit their straps
Bernards - Proved their worth last week
De La Salle - the last chance im giving them. simple - they win they are contenders, they lose they arn't
Xavs - Definitely premiership favourites but I wouldn't take odds on
Uni - Absolute last chance

Old Carey v St Bedes Mentone - home team
Old Trinity v St Bernards - home team
De La Salle v Collegians - to bounce back
Old Xavier v Old Scotch - close but not that close
Caulfield v Uni Blues - home team (well just around the corner)

Carey - starting to hit their straps
Bernards - Proved their worth last week
De La Salle - the last chance im giving them. simple - they win they are contenders, they lose they arn't
Xavs - Definitely premiership favourites but I wouldn't take odds on
Uni - Absolute last chance

I like the cut of this guys jib, I'll have his tips

Huge game today at Diary Bell, De La have the edge over the VC's, all be it for some inaccurate kicking they would have won their last 3 meetings.

As was said on this forum earlier in the week it becomes an acid test fo De La, my view is that they will pass with flying colours, a four quarter output is required and they will not be beaten by anyone.

Not only win today but will go on to win the flag

Looking for Some input from St Bedes guys here. What's the story with playing 4 short in the 2's? What the story with Carey having to wear the away strip at their home game? Do we have a club in crisis?

Looking for Some input from St Bedes guys here. What's the story with playing 4 short in the 2's? What the story with Carey having to wear the away strip at their home game? Do we have a club in crisis?

Panthers looked a bit strange in white jumper with black nicks but must have been pre arranged. St Bedes a couple short in the 2's, Don't think they are a club in crisis, just a bit down at the moment.
Seniors should have won by more but Bedes never gave up.
At least now the fight for the 4 is still alive and well.

A club in crisis? Sure they have a lost a few this year but have a recent ‘A’ grade flag, where grand finalist last year and have two 19 teams that look likely to play finals, one of which is in the Premier division. Looks like a club that wants to build from within and deserves some respect. Remember they rolled your mob a few months back so can't be that bad.

Thanks Rooster for the info re the 19's. I'm now far less concerned. As the are the only Premier side without thirds and they play 4 short in the ressies, I think there are some issues. But under 19's will help fix this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back