A Section Premier 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am tipping the Xavs. Amazing what happens when there is a bit of momentum going into a GF. I didnt think they would get over De La, but their spirit got them there. They lacked run against Collegians last start with Fergo and co running riot, but they have found a Gem in prowse and it seems Scanlon has been added to create more run as well. Been there before. 12 point win.

Well done to Collegians. To beat Xavs 3 times in 4 weeks means you well and truly deserve your flag.

Not sure when they will frame the 2013 Premiership market but surely the Old Xavs will be good things after failing to add any silverware this season. They will be absolutely burning at losing the Senior GF, Reserves GF, U19s GF and Prem B 3rds GF. Ouch !!! In addition their Prem ‘A’ 3rds finished on top and went out in straight sets.

While most clubs would be happy to have so many live chances come the last weekend the red and black will be filthy. End of era? I hate to say it but maybe the start of a new one.

Poor old Xavs!

They didn't win a single "blue ribbon" premiership for the entire year . They lost the premier unders, ressies and seniors.The other "big ticket" flag they would want is the APS and unfortunately, they haven't won that for a decade and could even get in the top three this year! So, unless they covet clubbies flags they won nothing of any significance this year, despite all the bluster from their supporters.

Gowers is the first coach in 25 odd years to depart without a flag. Is that right? Even Scholly got one after missing the finals the year before. Don't they pride themselves on winning tight, pressure finals, like today?

You wouldn't say they are the most gracious winners or losers and the way their supporters carried on after the siren last week towards the De la guys, wasn't a great advertisement for their club.

Well done lions..deserved back to back flags and you stood up under pressure when it counted today.

What a terrible site this is. No wonder there are about 10 posters.
Great win by Collegians. Best team all year and well deserved back to back. Well done to big Barclay and the boys.
Glad Xavs made final as they always perform on the big stage. De La, Scotch, Carey would have been pummeled.
Also on Xavs, GF in 1's, 2's, 3's, Clubbies and Unders. Great effort. Not sure why this would be ridiculed or why someone would bring up school boy footy. Kids at school FFS.

Well done to Collegians. To beat Xavs 3 times in 4 weeks means you well and truly deserve your flag.

Not sure when they will frame the 2013 Premiership market but surely the Old Xavs will be good things after failing to add any silverware this season. They will be absolutely burning at losing the Senior GF, Reserves GF, U19s GF and Prem B 3rds GF. Ouch !!! In addition their Prem ‘A’ 3rds finished on top and went out in straight sets.

While most clubs would be happy to have so many live chances come the last weekend the red and black will be filthy. End of era? I hate to say it but maybe the start of a new one.
Love the way you're deflecting attention from your boys Rooster. It won't work though.:D

What a terrible site this is. No wonder there are about 10 posters.
Great win by Collegians. Best team all year and well deserved back to back. Well done to big Barclay and the boys.
Glad Xavs made final as they always perform on the big stage. De La, Scotch, Carey would have been pummeled.
Also on Xavs, GF in 1's, 2's, 3's, Clubbies and Unders. Great effort. Not sure why this would be ridiculed or why someone would bring up school boy footy. Kids at school FFS.
Ahh...gotta love the newbie taking the high moral ground !

All I have done is point out facts about their performance.. No ridicule.

They talk themselves up constantly about winning big ones, winning under pressure...well they didn't win anything of value this year...including the APS, which they value dearly.

If you saw their supporters giving De la guy s the bird last week and carrying on like boorish oafs last week, it is hard to have any sympathy for them.

Love the way you're deflecting attention from your boys Rooster. It won't work though.:D

Deflecting attention? Not sure what you mean. Just making the observation that Xavs will be snarling about how the last 2 weekends have unfolded and will surely be good things for next year. Our boys not good enough to make the big dance and that point was made last week. However our ressies and 19s added some silverware so another good year for the club and plenty to look forward to.

What about “your boys” AM. Good in seniors, poor in the ressies.

Deflecting attention? Not sure what you mean. Just making the observation that Xavs will be snarling about how the last 2 weekends have unfolded and will surely be good things for next year. Our boys not good enough to make the big dance and that point was made last week. However our ressies and 19s added some silverware so another good year for the club and plenty to look forward to.

What about “your boys” AM. Good in seniors, poor in the ressies.
A bit of fun Rooster.

Still think your boys showed a lot this year and if you can keep most of the group together and get a full season out of Brett Eddy, who knows.

Who cares if I'm a newbie. I spent time reading this thread as I didn't know it existed. It's pretty sad. Particularly you and Brian who are obviously one and the same. Always on at the same time. You obviously forgot that its Brian that talks about the APS. Not you. Remember that next time you log on. Need to remember who you are otherwise you can look a little silly.

LMFAO!

You must be related to Scribe(interestingly he hasn't been for a while and now you are!) who likes to think he knows everyones indentity but rarely gets it right.

Brian must sit back and laugh at the supposed link between him and I.
Interesting that a newbie with 13 posts observes that Brian and I are always on at the same time"...mmm spoken like a veteran of bigfooty!

Xavs will not be happy about not winning anything of any note..including the APS which they haven't won since 2003!

LMFAO!

You must be related to Scribe(interestingly he hasn't been for a while and now you are!) who likes to think he knows everyones indentity but rarely gets it right.

Brian must sit back and laugh at the supposed link between him and I.
Interesting that a newbie with 13 posts observes that Brian and I are always on at the same time"...mmm spoken like a veteran of bigfooty!

Xavs will not be happy about not winning anything of any note..including the APS which they haven't won since 2003!
They'd be quite chuffed at the likelihood of having four ex students running around at the big dance next Saturday though one would think.

They'd be quite chuffed at the likelihood of having four ex students running around at the big dance next Saturday though one would think.
You heard me, you idiot! I have more important things to do in life than post on Big Footy under 7000 alias's.
Interesting to note that there were 2 Scotch boys running around for Collegians today including a former Scotch College First 18 captain, not sure what that says about Old Scotch but a little strange considering OS have been in A for 26 years straight. I also noted that there were a lot of not Wesley footballers playing for the old boys, maybe a 50-50 split at best.
Well doen to the lions though, thanks God they won, we wouldn't have been able to survive a week of DG Man!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You heard me, you idiot! I have more important things to do in life than post on Big Footy under 7000 alias's.
Interesting to note that there were 2 Scotch boys running around for Collegians today including a former Scotch College First 18 captain, not sure what that says about Old Scotch but a little strange considering OS have been in A for 26 years straight. I also noted that there were a lot of not Wesley footballers playing for the old boys, maybe a 50-50 split at best.
Well doen to the lions though, thanks God they won, we wouldn't have been able to survive a week of DG Man!
Fantastic game yesterday. Both teams hard at it. Collegians looked most likely for much of the game.
BS, 17 Wes Coll boys, 5 from elsewhere in yesterdays game. I think you would be battling, (maybe Xavs) to find a better old school/ringin ratio. They pride themselves on developing boys from the school to come through and continue with their Ammo teams.

Poor old Xavs!

They didn't win a single "blue ribbon" premiership for the entire year . They lost the premier unders, ressies and seniors.The other "big ticket" flag they would want is the APS and unfortunately, they haven't won that for a decade and could even get in the top three this year! So, unless they covet clubbies flags they won nothing of any significance this year, despite all the bluster from their supporters.

Gowers is the first coach in 25 odd years to depart without a flag. Is that right? Even Scholly got one after missing the finals the year before. Don't they pride themselves on winning tight, pressure finals, like today?

You wouldn't say they are the most gracious winners or losers and the way their supporters carried on after the siren last week towards the De la guys, wasn't a great advertisement for their club.

Well done lions..deserved back to back flags and you stood up under pressure when it counted today.

Those so called "blue ribbon" premierships are hard to come by aren't the Ron... At the end of the day though, there's only 1 "blue ribbon" premiership and that's A-Grade, one which you haven't won since 1991.

#tallpoppysyndrome

p.s. well done to Collegians. A seriously good amateur football team.

What a tremendous game of football. Full credit to the lions, staved off a spirited xavs and thoroughly deserved the win. A really good spectacle. Other comps talk about how tough they are, yesterday was a perfect example of football at its toughest. Hard and fast. No cheap stuff at all. Mind you the only blemish of the day was when number 11 from collegians spat on an opponent. Pretty low.
No reason why collegians cant chase back to back to back now. Absolute benchmark. A young side. Start of a dynasty???

Those so called "blue ribbon" premierships are hard to come by aren't the Ron... At the end of the day though, there's only 1 "blue ribbon" premiership and that's A-Grade, one which you haven't won since 1991.

#tallpoppysyndrome

p.s. well done to Collegians. A seriously good amateur football team.

KL – Judging by your comment I think you are making an assumption that RJ 69 is a De La person. That is not the case and no one from De La has jumped on here bagging Xavs at any level. A strong rivalry across all grades with 3 very hard fought finals over the last week including 2 GFs. A healthy respect for OX as a consequence that I believe is reciprocated.

KL – Judging by your comment I think you are making an assumption that RJ 69 is a De La person. That is not the case and no one from De La has jumped on here bagging Xavs at any level. A strong rivalry across all grades with 3 very hard fought finals over the last week including 2 GFs. A healthy respect for OX as a consequence that I believe is reciprocated.
Awesome last q yesterday, Xavs did not give up at any stage. A great year of footy but I'm not sure anyone can talk dynasties in modern day VAFA footy, clubs are not limited by points for recruiting so can go and work their arses off and be strong the next season ala OH in 2006.

Re RJ69, not sure who he supports or who he is but who cares, why do people feel the need to find out who people are? Rooster wins the poster of the year award, I don't think he has ever bagged anyone!

Awesome last q yesterday, Xavs did not give up at any stage. A great year of footy but I'm not sure anyone can talk dynasties in modern day VAFA footy, clubs are not limited by points for recruiting so can go and work their arses off and be strong the next season ala OH in 2006.

Re RJ69, not sure who he supports or who he is but who cares, why do people feel the need to find out who people are? Rooster wins the poster of the year award, I don't think he has ever bagged anyone!

Have to agree with you on that one Brian!

What a tremendous game of football. Full credit to the lions, staved off a spirited xavs and thoroughly deserved the win. A really good spectacle. Other comps talk about how tough they are, yesterday was a perfect example of football at its toughest. Hard and fast. No cheap stuff at all. Mind you the only blemish of the day was when number 11 from collegians spat on an opponent. Pretty low.
No reason why collegians cant chase back to back to back now. Absolute benchmark. A young side. Start of a dynasty???
Sauntner's actions were disgraceful and inhumane, let alone unacceptable in a fiercely competitive battle between generally respectful opponents. To spit on Prowse was one of the worst incidents I have ever seen as a former player and spectator of an otherwise wonderful grand final.
My understanding is the incident is being investigated by the vafa and a report is pending. What do you all think is an appropriate penalty?
I can understand Sauntner's frustration at not getting a kick in his final game, albeit a grand final win, but spitting on Prowse will cloud an otherwise top career. Disgraceful player and bloke.

Sauntner's actions were disgraceful and inhumane, let alone unacceptable in a fiercely competitive battle between generally respectful opponents. To spit on Prowse was one of the worst incidents I have ever seen as a former player and spectator of an otherwise wonderful grand final.
My understanding is the incident is being investigated by the vafa and a report is pending. What do you all think is an appropriate penalty?
I can understand Sauntner's frustration at not getting a kick in his final game, albeit a grand final win, but spitting on Prowse will cloud an otherwise top career. Disgraceful player and bloke.

IT. Your allegations re: Sautner are completely worthless and would be thrown out in any court in this land.
If you are going to make statements re a persons character you need to make sure your information is CORRECT. 1/ It isnt his final game, he will be booting up next year.
2/ He kicked 1.1
So you have got your facts wrong so far, then there is a fair chance your other allegations are also highly dubious to say the least. When you accuse people of spitting etc. you will want to make you are 100% . As stated, you clearly are not. You seem to have a lynch mob mentality.
As for the VAFA opening an investigation... you have to be kidding. The VAFA couldnt even get the teams correct in their premier footy record on the weekend. Like I said before, amateur by name amateur in practice.
Sorry IT Man, you sound like a struggling Xavs supporter (correct me if Im wrong) trying to come to grips with the fact that you can no longer win flags like you think you should. No longer the hunted, now a hunter.

Disgraceful player... Nope - VFL Legend

Disgraceful bloke... You obviously don't know him.

Massive fan of someone's post the other week about xavs switching gears (vvvvvroooooommmmm). Wanted them to get up due to that post alone!

L

Massive fan of someone's post the other week about xavs switching gears (vvvvvroooooommmmm). Wanted them to get up due to that post alone!

Couldn't agree more. It's just muppets on forums like this that don't actually know the man are the ones that take cheap shots.

Top bloke and great team man, loved by team mates and hated by the opposition.

Hahaha, love this post, where is DG Man? Poor Xavs, love it when they don't win! I remember when we won in 2006, what a bunch of arrogant idiots they were, saying we paid blokes when they were still paying off Dom Berry from 10 years before!

I'm here. I got red carded. But I'm back just in the Nick of time.
I don't support Xavs, would have preferred they win, but happy for Collegians.
I'm a big fan of APS old boys teams winning A Grade pennants.
Still love the way Xavs go about it. Big time!! Even a bad year sees them do pretty well.
I know Sautner and can confirm he's a ripping bloke and legend of the game. Haters will always hate high profile players, particularly with his pedigree in VFL. Tall poppy jealousy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back