A Section Premier 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha, love this post, where is DG Man? Poor Xavs, love it when they don't win! I remember when we won in 2006, what a bunch of arrogant idiots they were, saying we paid blokes when they were still paying off Dom Berry from 10 years before!

Switch gears they did. Not quite enough to win, but that didn't surprise me, I always tipped Collegians as they were far superior IMO on paper. Far superior. But Xavs got mighty close and massive hats off to them as it was not one of their strongest lists. Strong clubs can get around this.

Awesome last q yesterday, Xavs did not give up at any stage. A great year of footy but I'm not sure anyone can talk dynasties in modern day VAFA footy, clubs are not limited by points for recruiting so can go and work their arses off and be strong the next season ala OH in 2006.

Re RJ69, not sure who he supports or who he is but who cares, why do people feel the need to find out who people are? Rooster wins the poster of the year award, I don't think he has ever bagged anyone!
That's what a De La education does for you Briza.:p

That's what a De La education does for you Briza.:p
Geez, didn't Jobe Watson speak well tonight after winning the Brownlow, a very impressive young man! If we forgive the BF bullshit and rivalries for a second, I have to say I was proud that he is from a Catholic APS school, with Xavier and Skevs boys intertwined with friendships.
Rooster, De La boys are good boys, lots of great De La lads around the place, with even the great, late Jimmy Stynes a De La boy!
Just need to get the SKOB boys into A and the Catholics will be dominating, as it should be....

Geez, didn't Jobe Watson speak well tonight after winning the Brownlow, a very impressive young man! If we forgive the BF bullshit and rivalries for a second, I have to say I was proud that he is from a Catholic APS school, with Xavier and Skevs boys intertwined with friendships.
Rooster, De La boys are good boys, lots of great De La lads around the place, with even the great, late Jimmy Stynes a De La boy!
Just need to get the SKOB boys into A and the Catholics will be dominating, as it should be....

Very sensible post Briza!

weh

Where is the dislike button.:D

Too many bloody big boned, large arsed left footers in A Grade as it is. We more prodos in all divisions.

Pastor Max Leader

And I thought that Collegians was the dominant team ?

You know the key measure of the true worth of a private school is participation in the Head of the River, Briza. And the cream of that crop are regular winners.:D

You know the key measure of the true worth of a private school is participation in the Head of the River, Briza. And the cream of that crop are regular winners.:D

AM. dont quite understand what your trying to say re: private schools and the Head of the River.
If you mean by being the cream of the crop they are regularly successful? If your referring to Olympic rowing and the partcipation level, then you will find approx 90% of both guys and gals will be from the Private school system.

AM. dont quite understand what your trying to say re: private schools and the Head of the River.
If you mean by being the cream of the crop they are regularly successful? If your referring to Olympic rowing and the partcipation level, then you will find approx 90% of both guys and gals will be from the Private school system.
I was being facetious.:):D

You heard me, you idiot! I have more important things to do in life than post on Big Footy under 7000 alias's.
Interesting to note that there were 2 Scotch boys running around for Collegians today including a former Scotch College First 18 captain, not sure what that says about Old Scotch but a little strange considering OS have been in A for 26 years straight. I also noted that there were a lot of not Wesley footballers playing for the old boys, maybe a 50-50 split at best.
Well doen to the lions though, thanks God they won, we wouldn't have been able to survive a week of DG Man!

Brian! Do some homework pal - Bull, B.Dixon, Harvey, Troon, Lee and Simmons were the only non school boys to play on Sunday. Collegians have a great relationship with Wesley and it's a credit to the club that players want to swap teams and play for them!

Brian! Do some homework pal - Bull, B.Dixon, Harvey, Troon, Lee were the only non school boys to play on Sunday. Collegians have a great relationship with Wesley and it's a credit to the club that players want to swap teams and play for them!

Bang ..... Gone again! Jealousy is a curse!
CIS.
The Eye

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bang ..... Gone again! Jealousy is a curse!
CIS.
The Eye
Wow, I bet you circle jerk too, what an immature post.
I was listening to the radio on Sunday and whenever a Lions player came up for their medal the radio blokes were giving a run down on them and their history, I would bet that there were more than 5 non Lions players. Who were the WA and SA players?

Wow, I bet you circle jerk too, what an immature post.
I was listening to the radio on Sunday and whenever a Lions player came up for their medal the radio blokes were giving a run down on them and their history, I would bet that there were more than 5 non Lions players. Who were the WA and SA players?
My apologies - there were 6, Simmons was there other.

Simmons from WA, Harvey from SA - 16 blokes who went to Wesley

Why is there a focus on the number of school vs. non-school players?

Perhaps it's a sign of a great club that they are able to attract new players, and because they're such good blokes they decide to stay..

Why is there a focus on the number of school vs. non-school players?

Perhaps it's a sign of a great club that they are able to attract new players, and because they're such good blokes they decide to stay..

Its more of an inference that if they come straight from school to the Club its all for continuing to play with their mates in the true amateur tradition. There is a wiff of suspicion for the more credentialed non school player as to why he would bother going to club "X" if he had no real attachment or affiliation. That wiff is of course, money/cheap school fees. It has happened, does happen and will continue to happen.

Its more of an inference that if they come straight from school to the Club its all for continuing to play with their mates in the true amateur tradition. There is a wiff of suspicion for the more credentialed non school player as to why he would bother going to club "X" if he had no real attachment or affiliation. That wiff is of course, money/cheap school fees. It has happened, does happen and will continue to happen.

It might also be for the opportunities they can offer players outside of football.

There's no insinuations from my end, just asked a question. Most VAFA people know why Troon and the Bulls are there, good luck to Dyer and co, done a superb job, I hope they make it 3 in a row next year.

There's no insinuations from my end, just asked a question. Most VAFA people know why Troon and the Bulls are there, good luck to Dyer and co, done a superb job, I hope they make it 3 in a row next year.

Blacks to beat Blues after the siren in the GF
Scotch - 8th
Tarrant to pull a hammy in his 1st Game for Xavs next year, then retires.
Yze brothers to kick a 100 - all contenders for Goal of the Year
St.Bedes removes Mentone from its name to rightfully claim to be a Schoolboy team.
Collegians converts to Catholicism to improve its chances of 8 in a row.

Seasons over, time to have fun and start all the rumours.
Thats what Bigfooty's about.

Some early whispers to get the ball rolling.

If delisted by St Kilda Jason Blake will play for Beaumaris

A few St Bedes lads being courted to join Sam Anstey who is coaching an under achieving neighbouring SFL club.

The new Carey coaching team lured on the promise of even more big names getting on board for 2013. However the brothers Yze are no certainties to be amongst a start studded 2013 Panthers line up.

De La going to have to cover the retirements of a few top liners.

A couple of Uni Blues big names lured on the promise of employment to walk as said jobs did not eventuate. One big name looks certain to go back to the EFL.

Who was lured to Carey to coach?

Now this is the silly season so much (most) of what I have heard is unsubstantiated rumour but Rowe has stepped down and the whisper is a that a crew (as in a head coach and a couple of assistants) with links to an EFL club have been approached to take it over. A name mentioned but I won’t post here. Mail is that the rumoured player signings was what got the coaching team interested however I have no knowledge of who they may be or if in fact there is any truth in it. I’m sure others from Carey would know far more then me. And yes the mail is Summers leaving UB but again that was just some scuttlebutt from EP last Sunday.

C’mon surely I’m not the only one who has heard rumours.

Rooster – what of the rumoured retirements at Diary Bell? And anyone from Beaumaris prepared to comment on the Jason Blake rumour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back