Bernies $8.00
DLS $15.00
Trinity $18.00
Blues $25.00
Blacks $25.00
Wesley $150.00
Carey $150.00
Melbourne $200.00
Interesting to see odds difference between SKOB and OM. Not that much between them in GF. OM's strong core of experienced amateur footballers in 21-27 age group. Expect a few handy recruits. Reserves also premiers so some depth. would expect 5-8 finish.

OM's played above themselves on Grand Final day, SKOB well below their best and it was still 31 scoring shots to 20. SKOB went 20-0 whilst OM's finished third, there's a massive gap between the two sides.
Having said that, I expect OM's to be a lot stronger with their recruits, as I also do SKOB.
I think both clubs will be happy to avoid relegation first year in.

Please. SKOBS have been absolutely smashed at the $1.90 i offered. In to $1.65 and they are still coming for them.
OM's will stink it up. With Carey and Wesley.

Last edited:
A few whispers floating through (only whispers but hey, who am I to refuse speculation!)

Add Rohan Bail to the SKOB list...

Bernies in trouble - Jones, Boyse, Merrington and Gleeson gone from their fwd line.

Pollard from Frankston to possibly return to De La.

Bail to SKOBs or OMs. A 6 pointer so if he ends up at T.H King their points will become a weekly balancing act. Have heard another ex-Demon still in the mix for SKOBs. Rumour is they are changing their name to Glen Iris as they are no longer an old boys club.

Pollard staying at Frankston.

Alex Browne (Essendon) to Xavs. (MUF – who is the Howe you refer to?)

According to another poster 2 of the 3 Caven boys trying their luck with Coburg so the Snowdogs will have a very different look about them in 2016.

Ex Xavs Student Lachie Howe. Has been in VFL with Geel and Coll in recent years. Big Boy.

Bail to SKOBs or OMs. A 6 pointer so if he ends up at T.H King their points will become a weekly balancing act. Have heard another ex-Demon still in the mix for SKOBs. Rumour is they are changing their name to Glen Iris as they are no longer an old boys club.

Pollard staying at Frankston.

Alex Browne (Essendon) to Xavs. (MUF – who is the Howe you refer to?)

According to another poster 2 of the 3 Caven boys trying their luck with Coburg so the Snowdogs will have a very different look about them in 2016.
Not sure OX care about the "Foreign Legion", lead by a SKOB lad, when they get together for their premiership reunions. As I've said before, there's no cliques at SKOB, although obviously 95% of our 240 players are SKC Old Boys.

All of this is speculation and rumour mongering, will see who, if anyone, turns up. We are more than happy with the list that played in B last year to be honest.

Last edited:
Dear Briza, you are gold. 12 of your 240 only failed to attend the SKOB campus....
I have told you a million times...do not exaggerate.
Be pumped that the list has this wonderful influx of talent coming. It's great.
Believe me, nobody here is buying this attempted watering down of the juggernaut we are all preparing to watch enter our esteemed A Grade competition.
My advice is to enjoy it and pump it up. It's going to be a massive year for SKOB.
Your Buddy Canada.

Da. The Big Russian will be magnificent.
There are two incredible lists taking shape gentleman.
I think Hansie may be on to something.

SKOB $1.90
Xavs $2.90
Bernies $8.00
DLS $15.00
Trinity $18.00
Blues $25.00
Blacks $25.00
Wesley $150.00
Carey $150.00
Melbourne $200.00
SKOB 1.90
Xavs 2.50
STB 10 - still have the engine room- will need forward line recruits
DLS 16
Blues 18 - lost key players but recruiting engine appears stronger than Blacks
OT 30 - big namers and key players gone. Would need to break their own mould and recruit class from outside
OC 80 - will be stronger than predicted. Still in relegation battle
OM 80 - See Carey
Collegians- 200
Blacks -200- see blues- but appear to have lost many more key players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure OX care about the "Foreign Legion", lead by a SKOB lad, when they get together for their premiership reunions. As I've said before, there's no cliques at SKOB, although obviously 95% of our 240 players are SKC Old Boys.

All of this is speculation and rumour mongering, will see who, if anyone, turns up. We are more than happy with the list that played in B last year to be honest.

Yep. But it’s looking like only about 60% of your seniors! SKs would want to be careful. Ten years on and OH have not yet recovered from discarding local talent in preference for a handful of ‘stars’. About the biggest pool of players to choose from in the state and while they might have won a ‘C’ grade flag last year, they are still miles away from being an ‘A’ grade quality team.

And to be honest it certainly does not appear that you are putting much faith in the group that went 20/0.
I guess only time (and the points system) will tell how successful the model will be.

SKOB 1.90
Xavs 2.50
STB 10 - still have the engine room- will need forward line recruits
DLS 16
Blues 18 - lost key players but recruiting engine appears stronger than Blacks
OT 30 - big namers and key players gone. Would need to break their own mould and recruit class from outside
OC 80 - will be stronger than predicted. Still in relegation battle
OM 80 - See Carey
Collegians- 200
Blacks -200- see blues- but appear to have lost many more key players

I see the bottom four at this stage as Carey, Blacks, Lions and OM's, with Carey a rung below the other three. If Trinity don't recruit from outside they might be sliders as well.

Yep. But it’s looking like only about 60% of your seniors! SKs would want to be careful. Ten years on and OH have not yet recovered from discarding local talent in preference for a handful of ‘stars’. About the biggest pool of players to choose from in the state and while they might have won a ‘C’ grade flag last year, they are still miles away from being an ‘A’ grade quality team.

And to be honest it certainly does not appear that you are putting much faith in the group that went 20/0.
I guess only time (and the points system) will tell how successful the model will be.

STK are not miles away from being an A grade team. They are one right now. That much is plainly obvious.

Next season will clearly be one between the 'have's' and 'have nots'.

I see the bottom four at this stage as Carey, Blacks, Lions and OM's, with Carey a rung below the other three. If Trinity don't recruit from outside they might be sliders as well.
It is shaping as a top five and bottom five. It would only take a two or three key recruits to swing a couple of those bottom five into the 3-5 mix however. Very early days but fun to predict

Of more interest to me in the makeup of the Old Carey team, I'd be suprised if more than 30% attended Carey Grammar.
Re OH, their issue is three campuses and no school spirit, with half of their footy team at least coming to the school in year 11 from St Bedes and similar schools around Brighton, Keysbourough and Woop Woop in Berwick.

Of more interest to me in the makeup of the Old Carey team, I'd be suprised if more than 30% attended Carey Grammar.
5 of 22 of the final round team were from outside the school; 7 of the 45 odd who played senior football during the year. Need to check your maths there Brian. For a school that has about 1/4 the number of male year 12 students as some other Premier A and B clubs, i'd say that is a fair effort

Last edited:
5 of 22 of the final round team were from outside the school; 7 of the 45 odd who played senior football during the year. Need to check your maths there Brian. For a school that has about 1/4 the number of male year 12 students as some other Premier A and B clubs, i'd say that is a fair effort

Sounds to me like you need a club benefactor capable of offering quick jobs to players to bolster your finals chances.

I mean really, "get with the program!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back