A Section Premier 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it might have been of some interest to other Posters that an AFL Premiership player was entering VAFA ranks (regardless of grade)
Obviously your not one of them............

Have to agree with Canada.

Need to read the Bigfooty Rule Book

Chapter 1
Page 5
Sub Section 3.1.2.4.5

No mentioning of AFL Premeirship Players entering the VAFA unless its on the relevant Page pertaining to that division.

Punishment

Having to travel to Beaumaris every 2nd week and watch them play in Premier B.

Max "Read the Rule Book" Leader

Yes I'm very interested. But would have been 3% happier to have read it in the B grade thread. That's all.

I thought it might have been of some interest to other Posters that an AFL Premiership player was entering VAFA ranks (regardless of grade)
Obviously your not one of them............

Fair enough post for mine as Schneider was widely tipped to be joining Collegians.

The post by in regard to OMs is on the money. Matt Thomas from Port Adelaide, Freezer back full time and I’m hearing that they are in it up their necks for Rohan Bail. Between them and SKOBs with OMs having the inside running. A few other big names touted to be wearing the red hose next year also.

Fair enough post for mine as Schneider was widely tipped to be joining Collegians.

The post by in regard to OMs is on the money. Matt Thomas from Port Adelaide, Freezer back full time and I’m hearing that they are in it up their necks for Rohan Bail. Between them and SKOBs with OMs having the inside running. A few other big names touted to be wearing the red hose next year also.

Big names still falling. I see Shannon Byrnes landed at Deer Park after being very close to landing in the VAFA with another ex Geelong mate of his.

Bryzer....Any more on the vacant coaching role down at TH King? With the sort of money being bandied around following the departure of the disc jockey, surely some form of ex AFL legend might be there to take the reins?

Hearing it is significantly more than even Rock and Riley were/are on out at the pit and they have a fair bit to do with the academy and bringing talent through.

Plum job really.

Big names still falling. I see Shannon Byrnes landed at Deer Park after being very close to landing in the VAFA with another ex Geelong mate of his.

Bryzer....Any more on the vacant coaching role down at TH King? With the sort of money being bandied around following the departure of the disc jockey, surely some form of ex AFL legend might be there to take the reins?

Hearing it is significantly more than even Rock and Riley were/are on out at the pit and they have a fair bit to do with the academy and bringing talent through.

Plum job really.

Jon Edgar has been given the full time gig. Which I would think is the only sane thing to do; given he just coached a 20-0 team. Apparently Harf time will still be around in some capacity.

Jon Edgar has been given the full time gig. Which I would think is the only sane thing to do; given he just coached a 20-0 team. Apparently Harf time will still be around in some capacity.
Thanks for that. Just a formality for JE to have got the nod I'd have thought.

It will be interesting to see how you utilise Harf as he's very much hands-on type of bloke from what I've been told.

Have to agree with Canada.

Need to read the Bigfooty Rule Book

Chapter 1
Page 5
Sub Section 3.1.2.4.5

No mentioning of AFL Premeirship Players entering the VAFA unless its on the relevant Page pertaining to that division.

Punishment

Having to travel to Beaumaris every 2nd week and watch them play in Premier B.

Max "Read the Rule Book" Leader
Think you missed the clause that says no one has to agree with Canada.:D

A "Setting the record straight"M

fair way off on this one Brian

have lost Gleeson to Strathmore, Merrington and jones to retirement as expected and that's it
Ronke, Caven x 2, Gleeson, Kazuro and two others whose names I can't recall. Think one was the young lad from Essendon VFL?
That's ten and counting.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Williams hasn't left, doing a pre season at Richmond VFL, everyone from the premiership side is on board, haven't lost any who played seniors last year.

That's frightening then...
To balance out the guys coming in, SKOB really needed to lose their 12 best players from last year if things were going to be rated at an equilibrium of on field talent.
Very frightening..

Any news on the two Uni sides? I've also heard St Bernards have lost half of their premiership team.
It wouldn't be bigfooty if we were to name names, but Blues have picked up a couple from VFL land, and lost McMahon plus another the competition won't be so sad about. A couple also undecided on retirement or one more roll of the dice.

Blacks appear not to have had the exodus I cited earlier in the year with Locke, O'Brien and a couple of others set to remain. Regain two 2014 premiership players from travels, one from WAFL and a good one from the NEAFL.

Both teams in similar situations to 2015 is what I'm being told.

Ronke, Caven x 2, Gleeson, Kazuro and two others whose names I can't recall. Think one was the young lad from Essendon VFL?
That's ten and counting.

Gleeson the only one to officially leave bernards.

• kazuro staying put,
  • Peart and Boyse training with essendon vfl,
  • Simon Caven committed to coburg, last i heard michael was undecided whether to agree to coburg or not.
  • Ronke to the cannons
so largely there match day squad will be largely dependent on the decisions of the respective vfl clubs if they make the cut

After winning the flag in the ammos and only have one player to leave the club, not including the few trying to give vfl a crack which everyone is always in favour, i think you'd take that given a few of the crack$ the cashed up metro clubs have had at a few of the players

Gleeson the only one to officially leave bernards.

• kazuro staying put,
  • Peart and Boyse training with essendon vfl,
  • Simon Caven committed to coburg, last i heard michael was undecided whether to agree to coburg or not.
  • Ronke to the cannons
so largely there match day squad will be largely dependent on the decisions of the respective vfl clubs if they make the cut

After winning the flag in the ammos and only have one player to leave the club, not including the few trying to give vfl a crack which everyone is always in favour, i think you'd take that given a few of the crack$ the cashed up metro clubs have had at a few of the players
That's a great result, I've got close mates at Bernies, we are hoping they are as strong so we can test ourselves against the best this year.
Simon Caven will be a brilliant VFL player, good on him!

Bail officially a SKOB. Courted by many, but it's signed and sealed.
Interestingly it seems Matt Thomas may not be headed where previously spruiked. The 'network' may have hit a hurdle with their end of the bargain.
SKOB ressies team is likely to read like a who's who..let alone the ones!
Teach us to give and not count the cost.

Last edited:
The ressies may definitely be a who's who if they have to juggle the points. I assume Bail is 5 pts.
Interestingly it seems Matt Thomas may not be headed where previously spruiked. The 'network' may have hit a hurdle with their end of the bargain.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Rumours of a SKOB recruiting scout being seen at Tigers' training talking to Dustin Martin about a job in construction (in the event he is suspended from the AFL) are yet to be confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back