A Section Premier 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bail was basically signed and sealed when he began working at Cameron's real estate (affiliated with OM's) but left and went to Crabtrees.

Not too dissimilar to the Lindsay Gilbee fiasco at Uni Blues
This is not true at all, why make stuff up about someone you've never met and don't know?

Presume will happily entertain a shot with bombers if it comes his way too. Fit as a fiddle.

Didn't the Gilbee situation prove super beneficial in the long term for the Cards! How is the job at the school going for him now?

History will show that moving away from home grown talent does not work. Haileybury being the exception, but where are they now.

Happy to sit back and watch on as this year unfolds. Will be intriguing.
History shows Old Xaverians dominating the competition with a 50/50 split of old boys and non old boys for the last 20 years!

I think SKOB with seniors, ressies, 3 X under 19, 2 X thirds, 2 X masters and 1 girls team will be okay. Add in 26 teams at school and I think the depth is reasonable.

As far as Voss goes, he's the main reason OH won their flag last year.

History shows Old Xaverians dominating the competition with a 50/50 split of old boys and non old boys for the last 20 years!

I think SKOB with seniors, ressies, 3 X under 19, 2 X thirds, 2 X masters and 1 girls team will be okay. Add in 26 teams at school and I think the depth is reasonable.

Gees seems you are getting your back up a bit there Brizzer. For your information, no where near 50/50 were non old boys. You will find their past two flags comprised of 1 non old boy (2010) and 3 non old boys (2013). I don't think I need to go back too much further to dig up similar information.

So history doesn't show that at all. But you guys down at TH King can believe what you want.

I think you will find the "Bail Mail" is pretty much on the money with him talking too and being offered roles from a number of clubs.

50/50 split? There is absolutely no substance to that comment. In fact it is just plain wrong. Would suggest that the 09, 10, and 13 flags were made up of at least 90% Xavs boys.

50/50 split? There is absolutely no substance to that comment. In fact it is just plain wrong. Would suggest that the 09, 10, and 13 flags were made up of at least 90% Xavs boys.

Never let facts get in the way of an inflammatory BF post. :D

Home grown talent has been Xavs moto forever. It's just how it's been. Others love to come in and are welcomed, but Xavs teams have always been predominantly ex school students.

Home grown talent has been Xavs moto forever. It's just how it's been. Others love to come in and are welcomed, but Xavs teams have always been predominantly ex school students.

I note you blokes are sticking to this policy in 2016 - Jay Bruno, Tomi Johnston, Mark Johnston, Clay Johnston all home grown Xaverians!

I note you blokes are sticking to this policy in 2016 - Jay Bruno, Tomi Johnston, Mark Johnston, Clay Johnston all home grown Xaverians!
Add Brendan Goss without even knowing who else they've recruited and that's approximately 20% of their team.

Canada the point is, let's not pretend SKOB are the only ones who are recruiting, any club who doesn't is foolish. I could real off a whole team who didn't attend Xavier during their string of flags, including Scribe's best mate Glenn Hatfield.

Add Brendan Goss without even knowing who else they've recruited and that's approximately 20% of their team.

Canada the point is, let's not pretend SKOB are the only ones who are recruiting, any club who doesn't is foolish. I could real off a whole team who didn't attend Xavier during their string of flags, including Scribe's best mate Glenn Hatfield.

Matthew Bate
Michael Blood

My point is you blokes keep potting other clubs for recruiting outside their college network but you guys were the greatest for many years.

It's great to recruit from outside your school. I'm not sure why anyone would have an issue with this. I know at Xavier the welcome mat is extended as wide and far as the recruiters can spread it.
Running around in the main senior two sides you will always find a huge majority of being ex school student...which is also great.
Don't think there's much to see here. Other than success and culture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matthew Bate
Michael Blood

My point is you blokes keep potting other clubs for recruiting outside their college network but you guys were the greatest for many years.

Potting other clubs for recruiting outside the college?? Me??
I don't think there has been a stronger advocate than me for strong hard working clubs to recruit any gun by using 'the network'
You must be mistaking me for someone else. You're not the first to do that here.

Wrong again Brian. Goss is an old boy of Xavier College.

Have seen a couple of names thrown around - you can add Lethlean and Parton. However it is not anywhere a 50/50 split.

Last edited:
I think he is suggesting that they would not play at OX for zero return.

I know.
That chestnut is a ripper.
Yes some influential supporter wants to deny his kids a 100k inheritance by looking after the Shampoos (Johnston and Johnston) for a year...
It doesn't happen at Xavier I'm afraid to say.
But jobs, careers, promises of post footy opportunities do. I'm glad many others don't get it. Would hate the market to get saturated with hard working intelligent committees...

I think he is suggesting that they would not play at OX for zero return.

What's wrong Brian? You getting your back up again because the posters are not talking about your club?

Has there been a pre season whereby there hasn't been an inclination of players moving to an Amateur club for something more sinister than "zero return"

Really......It gets older every year.

It seems your chip may be getting in the way of factual information going on your last few posts. A little more research before your next pot shot maybe? I know its been a while since being in the top flight. The knowledge might need a little bit of sharpening up about the who's who in the zoo.

Xavs
Skob

Flemington Straight

DLS
Bernies
Trinity

Gap

Blues
Blacks
Wesley
Carey
Melbourne