A Section Premier 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad Scott spoke to Jamar ,looking for an insurance for Goldstein. On $120+ plus with Skobs and job.
Why would he go through an AFL pre season (his words) and get knocked about for a few more $$$s.

Staying at SKOBS...

Great work by Skobs to get him a 120k job through the network. Helps the club and also sets Jamar up for a long career post footy hopefully. Everyone's a winner.

Brad Scott spoke to Jamar ,looking for an insurance for Goldstein. On $120+ plus with Skobs and job.
Why would he go through an AFL pre season (his words) and get knocked about for a few more $$$s.

Staying at SKOBS...

AFL average salary $260k. Suggest Jamar would get average salary at Essendon. $140k extra to get knocked about... He may have copped a few knocks to the head already but surely he would be more than considering should Woosha come knocking!

AFL average salary $260k. Suggest Jamar would get average salary at Essendon. $140k extra to get knocked about... He may have copped a few knocks to the head already but surely he would be more than considering should Woosha come knocking!

I'd expect he would have been taken as a rookie by North at best (in lieu of Majak perhaps). Makes sense if he was to be there as insurance for Todd falling over - gets elevated to senior if Todd is LTI.

Rookies only get $58k base plus match payments. Would have been well short of the SKOB deal.

I expect Essendon would be a similar proposition.

I'd expect he would have been taken as a rookie by North at best (in lieu of Majak perhaps). Makes sense if he was to be there as insurance for Todd falling over - gets elevated to senior if Todd is LTI.

Rookies only get $58k base plus match payments. Would have been well short of the SKOB deal.

I expect Essendon would be a similar proposition.

Yeah, Rookie status I would think and NO real pre season to speak of.......

Definitely Rookie salary at Essendon as all suspended players are still included in the cap.

Either way we are all arguing a futile point, much to the dismay of Premier ruckman the big Russian will be making his mark!

Any word on the Uni teams? Always quiet this time of year with the usual grumblings of a "gun form the country" coming in

Either way we are all arguing a futile point, much to the dismay of Premier ruckman the big Russian will be making his mark!

Any word on the Uni teams? Always quiet this time of year with the usual grumblings of a "gun form the country" coming in

The Big Russian was spotted out at Essendon training today...

Wont know anything re : the Unis, as school hasnt started yet.

Based on comments yesterday, top up players will be paid outside the salary cap. So Jamar is a good chance to be a bomber this year.
I thought you didn't engage in rumour and innuendo Maxy? Chris Johnson to the Bombers? Why the Jamar obsession? So many incorrect assumptions on here it's laughable, I haven't read one accurate other than Roosters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought you didn't engage in rumour and innuendo Maxy? Chris Johnson to the Bombers? Why the Jamar obsession? So many incorrect assumptions on here it's laughable, I haven't read one accurate other than Roosters.

How is Jamar's spotting at Essendon an assumption?

I see Rohan Bail has bobbed up at Crabtrees Real Estate with fellow St Kevins import Steve Salopek.

Based on comments yesterday, top up players will be paid outside the salary cap. So Jamar is a good chance to be a bomber this year.
Nice pick-up Maxie.

Former Melbourne ruckman Mark Jamar has interviewed for the Essendon ruck coach job but it remains unclear as to whether he will also be one of 10 top-up players for the Bombers this season.

Jamar was at Essendon's Tullamarine base on Thursday morning but his manager Tom Petroro stressed that had to do with his interest in the coaching role.

Petroro couldn't "rule out" or "rule in" a potential dual role for the former Demon at Essendon.

http://bit.ly/1OQwSFV

You know exactly why Brissel... Because we are sh1t scared and envious of being rolled by Jamar and the SKOB juggernaut this season!

How is Jamar's spotting at Essendon an assumption?

I see Rohan Bail has bobbed up at Crabtrees Real Estate with fellow St Kevins import Steve Salopek.
Bails relationship with Trengove nearly had him at the Lions but they couldn't pull off the real estate gig they promised. The Swiss backed Skobs delivered!

Bails relationship with Trengove nearly had him at the Lions but they couldn't pull off the real estate gig they promised. The Swiss backed Skobs delivered!

He was hawking himself all over the place. As well as Collegians he entertained De La but they could not land him an RE job and that did not involve some Saturdays work. Was also very, very close to committing to OMs but SKOBs got their man (or one of their many men!). He will be one of the SKOBs “week on week off” players under the new points system.

My point exactly. Mind you they will be that loaded with talent they could leave 8 of their best dozen out and still win the thing!
Double edged sword is great recruiting. End up having a lot of quality players playing reserves. Just depends on how patient they can be before they leave to go elsewhere to play senior footy

He was hawking himself all over the place. As well as Collegians he entertained De La but they could not land him an RE job and that did not involve some Saturdays work. Was also very, very close to committing to OMs but SKOBs got their man (or one of their many men!). He will be one of the SKOBs “week on week off” players under the new points system.

Bail was basically signed and sealed when he began working at Cameron's real estate (affiliated with OM's) but left and went to Crabtrees.

Not too dissimilar to the Lindsay Gilbee fiasco at Uni Blues

Last edited:
Bail was basically signed and sealed when he began working at Cameron's real estate (affiliated with OM's) but left and went to Crabtrees.

Not too dissimilar to the Lindsay Gilbee fiasco at Uni Blues

Presume will happily entertain a shot with bombers if it comes his way too. Fit as a fiddle.

Didn't the Gilbee situation prove super beneficial in the long term for the Cards! How is the job at the school going for him now?

History will show that moving away from home grown talent does not work. Haileybury being the exception, but where are they now.

Happy to sit back and watch on as this year unfolds. Will be intriguing.

Last edited:
Presume will happily entertain a shot with bombers if it comes his way too. Fit as a fiddle.

Didn't the Gilbee situation prove super beneficial in the long term for the Cards! How is the job at the school going for him now?

History will show that moving away from home grown talent does not work. Haileybury being the exception, but where are they now.

Happy to sit back and watch on as this year unfolds. Will be intriguing.

Cant recall OH having any success with home grown talent. Didnt know Voss and Leowe were old boys.....
Your right about "where are they now"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back