A Section Premier 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Only for a couple of days mate, then he vanished.....maybe to the lower leagues. Always talk of a comeback, but its all talk at the moment. If anyone can get him back its SKOBS!!!
Both Xavs and Blues to account for SKOBS this year. The battle to the bottom to consist of the Panther Lions, Blacks and OMs.

The other six a real cut above this year and I find it extremely difficult to not see both Bernard's and Trinity in the 4 after what they achieved last year. What a year!

Both Xavs and Blues to account for SKOBS this year. The battle to the bottom to consist of the Panther Lions, Blacks and OMs.

The other six a real cut above this year and I find it extremely difficult to not see both Bernard's and Trinity in the 4 after what they achieved last year. What a year!

Panthers, Lions, Blacks, Coll (not in order ) def bottom 4. Top 4, Xavs, Skobs, Blues and Trinity. Doesnt really matter re : De La or Bernies..

Remember St Kevins are on a 20-game winning streak. So which club do you think has the best chance to give SKOB its first loss in 2016?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

According to Bedford's post it seems he's not heading to King. Maybe Bedders will tell us his likely destination.
Getting conflicting reports from a couple of SKOBS
Remember St Kevins are on a 20-game winning streak. So which club do you think has the best chance to give SKOB its first loss in 2016?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
who do you think Jase

New Maplebet Odds

SKOB $1.08
Xavs $5.90
Blues, Bernies $16
Trinity, DLS $40
Wesley, blacks $800
Carey, Melbourne $2300

New Maplebet Odds

SKOB $1.08
Xavs $5.90
Blues, Bernies $16
Trinity, DLS $40
Wesley, blacks $800
Carey, Melbourne $2300
Juicy odds on Blues there Canada.

Surely SKOB's can't have the same run of luck with injuries like they had last season? I'm pretty sure they had their full list across the 1s and 2s during the Finals.. BS might be able to confirm?

Plenty of depth I know, but if they get a few injuries to some key players they no longer become the $1.08 monty they are with a full list.

Getting conflicting reports from a couple of SKOBS

This does not seem as emphatic as your previous post on the matter Bedders. Do I take it you are now not so sure? On the other hand FF seems positive that Strauss is heading to the green fields of T.H King.

My mail is that SKOBs went very hard at him pre xmas but he would not commit. Seem they may have “upped” the offer!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Juicy odds on Blues there Canada.

Surely SKOB's can't have the same run of luck with injuries like they had last season? I'm pretty sure they had their full list across the 1s and 2s during the Finals.. BS might be able to confirm?

Plenty of depth I know, but if they get a few injuries to some key players they no longer become the $1.08 monty they are with a full list.

Xavs should be closer to $3.00
This does not seem as emphatic as your previous post on the matter Bedders. Do I take it you are now not so sure? On the other hand FF seems positive that Strauss is heading to the green fields of T.H King.

My mail is that SKOBs went very hard at him pre xmas but he would not commit. Seem they may have “upped” the offer!

Im sticking to my "guns" on Strauss................

Find a job worth another $20,000 maybe?

Find a job worth another $20,000 maybe?
Hearing Kieran Harper not over the line at Uni Blues with the OX men still in overdrive on the recruiting front. Not satisfied with Bruno and the Johnstone boys who came cheap. Plenty left in the kitty so trying to ice the cake a little. Mathew Bate a chance to return home as well.

Hearing Kieran Harper not over the line at Uni Blues with the OX men still in overdrive on the recruiting front. Not satisfied with Bruno and the Johnstone boys who came cheap. Plenty left in the kitty so trying to ice the cake a little. Mathew Bate a chance to return home as well.

I wouldn't call Matthew Bate as a return home exactly. What was it, half a season there before moving on for coin? Unless he's an old boy which i have no idea.

We've been fairly focused on SKOB's and what is going to have to be a juggling act with points, but OX's might be getting up there as well if rumours become fact (even guys like Bruno would be at least 3 points being B&F club and comp winners, as well as doing a bit of "club hopping").

If this is an attempt to divert attention away from SKOBs it serves to only further highlight the recruiting disparity in ‘A’ grade. A handful of players with VFL experience hardly stack up against the 10 or so AFL players who will run out for St Kevins this year. The only question is what impact these outsiders will have on the club long term.

SKOB have just tumbled into $1.04,
and the punters keep coming.
Books may be closed before the season starts.
#unprecedented.

If this is an attempt to divert attention away from SKOBs it serves to only further highlight the recruiting disparity in ‘A’ grade. A handful of players with VFL experience hardly stack up against the 10 or so AFL players who will run out for St Kevins this year. The only question is what impact these outsiders will have on the club long term.
Definition of outsider, "a person who is not accepted or who isolates themselves".
This does not apply to anybody at SKOB, old boy or not. Would be surprised if it was any different at any other decent club.

Well said SKOB.
Recruiting teams are the most important part of AFL and now VAFA clubs. Spectacular work in the off season by many at the Skobbery.

Definition of outsider, "a person who is not accepted or who isolates themselves".
This does not apply to anybody at SKOB, old boy or not. Would be surprised if it was any different at any other decent club.

Definition of an outsider in Ammo football: "one who's only connection to the club is the job that the old boy network got him in a bid to recruit him."

You have got me tagged incorrectly as I'm not a SKOB supporter however I think your figure of 10 ex AFL players is grossly over exaggerated. I would be surprised if they end up with half that number. The long term effect AFL players have on VAFA teams varies. Some teams have had great success with their ex AFL recruits whilst others have been damaged. Old Hail for example would argue that B Voss and S Leowe have been great for the club with Leowe hanging around post playing career to coach. Salopek at SKOBS is lining up for his 4th or 5th season at the club. The damage to VAFA clubs is when these players don't buy in or think that VAFA footy is easy. I remember OS getting players like Liccuria for three or four games a year. It's those situations that damage clubs. Let's not forget OX topped up in the glory years with the Craig Kelly's, Andrew Leoncelli's, Ben Buckley's, Paul Tuddenham's and Andy Gowers of this world and it set them up for years of dominance in the VAFA.

Definition of an outsider in Ammo football: "one who's only connection to the club is the job that the old boy network got him in a bid to recruit him."
Penski you claim to be a man of the Collegians variety. I seem to remember your club having a few 'outsiders' over the journey. How's Robbie Warnock going with his new job mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back