A Section Premier 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another twist to the Cowan saga. A rumour doing the rounds is that he was spotted recently at T.H King. Surely not? Had previously given a commitment to both De La and St Bedes and also entertained advances from at least 2 other Premier clubs and now it seems Frankston.

Is this lad getting a bit ahead of himself? Would like to see how he fares on Nick Wynne, Tom Humphrey, Will Tardiff, the Caven brothers or other top notch ‘A’ grade defenders before he shops himself around.
Maybe you should just worry about what's happening at St Bede's and leave the kid to his own devices.

Maybe you should just worry about what's happening at St Bede's and leave the kid to his own devices.

Maybe there seems to be some truth to the rumour? Seems I have touched a nerve!

You can have all the talent in the world but without respect it means bugger all. Very hard to get it but bloody easy to lose it Rather than “leave the kid to his own devices” it might be more prudent for someone to give him some sage device about how to conduct ones self in VAFA circles. This sort of conduct is better served in suburban leagues were paying obscene amounts for modestly performed footballers is the norm.

To be honest I would prefer he remained loyal to Mazenod and hope that once the music stops he goes back to where he belongs.

Maybe there seems to be some truth to the rumour? Seems I have touched a nerve!

You can have all the talent in the world but without respect it means bugger all. Very hard to get it but bloody easy to lose it Rather than “leave the kid to his own devices” it might be more prudent for someone to give him some sage device about how to conduct ones self in VAFA circles. This sort of conduct is better served in suburban leagues were paying obscene amounts for modestly performed footballers is the norm.

To be honest I would prefer he remained loyal to Mazenod and hope that once the music stops he goes back to where he belongs.
No one saw you posting negative comments about the mad when he was considering and still may be, a St Bede's player. Josh doesn't need to get respect at all, he's an All Australian under 23 and has been more than loyal to Mazenod.

He's been informative on recruits, but continued to down play possible results. Don't you read this thread?
As I said, do we think he thinks they will struggle...no. But has he been pumping them up....no.

No one saw you posting negative comments about the mad when he was considering and still may be, a St Bede's player. Josh doesn't need to get respect at all, he's an All Australian under 23 and has been more than loyal to Mazenod.

Umm...seems you have mistaken me for a St Bedes supporter. Not sure which of my posts gave you that impression but happy to have you align me to such to such a wonderful club! St Bedes have more to worry about than losing a player they never had. Have lost a couple of their very best players with a few other established senior lads unlikely to suit up in 2016.

Just my opinion (and if I’m not mistaken that is what BF is really all about) but he has not really endeared himself to a number of (again in my opinion) really good VAFA clubs. They will be around long after Josh Cowan is forgotten.

Seems he might have jumped ship again (from SBMT to SKOBs ) but on current form you would not put the house on it being the final move.

Umm...seems you have mistaken me for a St Bedes supporter. Not sure which of my posts gave you that impression but happy to have you align me to such to such a wonderful club! St Bedes have more to worry about than losing a player they never had. Have lost a couple of their very best players with a few other established senior lads unlikely to suit up in 2016.

Just my opinion (and if I’m not mistaken that is what BF is really all about) but he has not really endeared himself to a number of (again in my opinion) really good VAFA clubs. They will be around long after Josh Cowan is forgotten.

Seems he might have jumped ship again (from SBMT to SKOBs ) but on current form you would not put the house on it being the final move.
I couldnt tell you where he is playing, but no need to have such a personal attack on him ala another post last week. It is only footy after all.

Another twist to the Cowan saga. A rumour doing the rounds is that he was spotted recently at T.H King. Surely not? Had previously given a commitment to both De La and St Bedes and also entertained advances from at least 2 other Premier clubs and now it seems Frankston.

Is this lad getting a bit ahead of himself? Would like to see how he fares on Nick Wynne, Tom Humphrey, Will Tardiff, the Caven brothers or other top notch ‘A’ grade defenders before he shops himself around.

You need to pull you head in mate.
Fancy posting this crap, which has no basis what's so ever, about a young kid.
You know nothing about the kid and it's easy to pot shot someone from behind a key board. Total disgrace.

You need to pull you head in mate.
Fancy posting this crap, which has no basis what's so ever, about a young kid.
You know nothing about the kid and it's easy to pot shot someone from behind a key board. Total disgrace.

Spare me mate. This is piss take football forum not a serious news site ! He’s hardly a kid (23 turning 24 this year I think) and I know more about him (and his family) than you might think.

I reckon the fact he has already “committed” to 2 clubs and is has now moved on to a 3rd before the end of January is ordinary. You may have a contrary view but that’s my opinion.

I only bit back after BS (of all people) had a crack. I’m happy to let it go but please this is footy forum and we all (including you I’m sure) use a bit of license!

Spare me mate. This is piss take football forum not a serious news site ! He’s hardly a kid (23 turning 24 this year I think) and I know more about him (and his family) than you might think.

I reckon the fact he has already “committed” to 2 clubs and is has now moved on to a 3rd before the end of January is ordinary. You may have a contrary view but that’s my opinion.

I only bit back after BS (of all people) had a crack. I’m happy to let it go but please this is footy forum and we all (including you I’m sure) use a bit of license!

Mate, I understand you are trying to take the piss but this is how guys get a bad rap due to crap like this. He's 22 and didn't commit to anyone.
His old man and cousins were pushing for him to play at De La if he was leaving Mazenod but he wanted to play at St Bedes. That's it. If you knew his family you would know this.
Xavs, Collegians, Carey and St Kevs all contacted him and he said he wasn't interested - hardly shopping himself around.

Mate, I understand you are trying to take the piss but this is how guys get a bad rap due to crap like this. He's 22 and didn't commit to anyone.
His old man and cousins were pushing for him to play at De La if he was leaving Mazenod but he wanted to play at St Bedes. That's it. If you knew his family you would know this.
Xavs, Collegians, Carey and St Kevs all contacted him and he said he wasn't interested - hardly shopping himself around.

are mazenod still a chance for his services? my mail is he had an average year last year and was dropped by then coach heath black? that said he did make all australian u23? cant be too bad. maybe a case of potential v talent? lets hope he stays a one club player

As they say that escalated quickly! No offence was intended but concede my post could have been framed a bit better. Obviously I have other info that linked him to another club in Stonnington. Was fishing for confirmation but I got smacked instead!

I wish the lad all the best. I know Mark and while he is Nodders legend I believe he played 19s at DLS so understand the preference for that club. To be honest I really hope he stays at the Nodders. I hate seeing VAFA clubs cannibalising each other and they need someone of his talent to help them re-build.

Anyway I have made more posts tonight than I have in 2 years and need to lie down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People only think it's funny because they are posting under pseudonyms, but it's not that funny when it comes to character assassination, we've all been there, this place 10 years ago was like a mental asylum, but it's not that cool to do it these days.

Also trained out at Melbourne University. Not saying he was shopping himself around but he's certainly been kicking tyres!

People only think it's funny because they are posting under pseudonyms, but it's not that funny when it comes to character assassination, we've all been there, this place 10 years ago was like a mental asylum, but it's not that cool to do it these days.

yeah lot of disapoi

If Josh is out there mate can you please release a statement as to your intentions. Lot of rumours getting flown around before this gets out of hand can you set the story straight?

Nodders?
BEDES?
SKOBS?
VFL?
ST LEOS EMMAUS CLUB 18?

Also trained out at Melbourne University. Not saying he was shopping himself around but he's certainly been kicking tyres!

Yep, that is correct. He got along very well with Cam Roberts in Ireland and he got him down to training.
Enough has been said about a kid who is now playing in B Grade.
Its a real shame that he is leaving Mazenod but was just one of the many casualties from the previous coaching appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back