A Section Premier 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
D, My apologies, I was confusing teams.....Yes I agree with you...have got some real talent seaping in. 2nd or 3rd after the home and away season finishes.
Will be tight at the top. Xavs and SKOBS appear already to be so strong (on paper at very least). Maybe just a little bias creeping in in selecting Blues for the flag.

Xavs take on Blacks this weekend and while it's just pre season, I heard both will take near full strength teams in.

So the team that finished 3rd last year, added a key forward (Geappen), an AFL midfielder (Harper), a second ex AFL mid (Hinkley) and ex VFL utility (D.Hinkley) is no chance.

Wouldn't have thought it's beyond the realm of possibility FF.

Unless you really don't rate them for some reason?

Not all great news for the Varsity. However Geappon (the one from the WAFL, not the one playing in the VFL) is a jet and from all reports took the P155 in the practice game at Torquay.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/localfooty/university-blues-recruit-kieran-harper-set-to-be-sidelined-due-to-ankle-surgery/news-story/df2d9ec01475d2ff0d247917006c6e89

Not much love for De La here. Finals in 2015 and have quietly added 4 or 5 pretty decent players. While devoid of the big names that will run out for SKOBs and OX, they have some very solid players and I am surprised they are not mentioned in dispatches.

He's a reliable straight shooter not prone to erratic outbursts. I'd vouch for him being conservative with his views. Even a tad pessimistic perhaps.

I like to think of myself as conservative!!! But no I don' think I've pumped them up at all. Hoping for the best in our first year in Premier since '05. Seriously I have watched so little Premier over the past decade that confidence would be based on nothing. The recruits are great and the club is in the best place it has every been; but you still have to win the games.

I like to think of myself as conservative!!! But no I don' think I've pumped them up at all. Hoping for the best in our first year in Premier since '05. Seriously I have watched so little Premier over the past decade that confidence would be based on nothing. The recruits are great and the club is in the best place it has every been; but you still have to win the games.

There is a little bit of talking up there !

Are you an ex senior player MIO?

Not sure Tim will play many, if any matches from what I've been told, whilst Dale Hinkley plays for Collingwood VFL, so unlikely to play many games either.

As far as Harper goes, is he able to play good footy because of his chronic ankle injury?
I'd suggest my mail is spot on with all of the above. Looking forward to the weekend with SKOB playing the kids against Old Scotch.

There is a little bit of talking up there !

Are you an ex senior player MIO?

Most of a very undistinguished career was played out in the 2s. Modestly talented would be the kindest description. I was no Scribe !!! But to the larger point, SKOB are certainly bigger and better run than ever before. Always a quality club filled with quality people (as are most Ammo clubs) but struggled with facilities (those who played at Rhegetti would concur). With 2 under 19s, 2 thirds, a masters team, potentially a women's team, playing in Premier at a very good ground obviously the club is being handled well. Not sure that is the most controversial comment made on these boards. I await the aren't SKOB pumping themselves up ridiculousness.

Most of a very undistinguished career was played out in the 2s. Modestly talented would be the kindest description. I was no Scribe !!! But to the larger point, SKOB are certainly bigger and better run than ever before. Always a quality club filled with quality people (as are most Ammo clubs) but struggled with facilities (those who played at Rhegetti would concur). With 2 under 19s, 2 thirds, a masters team, potentially a women's team, playing in Premier at a very good ground obviously the club is being handled well. Not sure that is the most controversial comment made on these boards. I await the aren't SKOB pumping themselves up ridiculousness.

Very humbly described MIO.

Akways good to see someone underselling themselves unlike certain former poster who is an expert at self promotion !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Demonstrates my point...the results of these games mean nothing. If OS run them close there will be a crowd predicting
OS to play off for B Grade flag...

I was trying to be funny. You can't have 23 of your best 22 out. It was directed at BS as he is prone to letting everyone know that SKOB are always missing incredibly large numbers from there best side. Just a gentle, no harm gag as I'm a big fan of SKOB. Recruited like an AFL team recruits.

I was trying to be funny. You can't have 23 of your best 22 out. It was directed at BS as he is prone to letting everyone know that SKOB are always missing incredibly large numbers from there best side. Just a gentle, no harm gag as I'm a big fan of SKOB. Recruited like an AFL team recruits.

"Recruited like an AFL Club recruits".......We all know how they (AFL Clubs) recruit. Usualy the highest bidder wins.....Surely not????

Whats everyone think of Anthony Giarrusso from Skevs? Heard he's been tearing it up and is the fittest he's ever been
I've heard the same 'sceptic tank' also heard that Lachlan Nankervis goes alright. Athletic, agile, strong in the air and on the ground. Draws comparisons to that of Jake Stringer. Definitely one to look out for this year in Premier Division. The mans a real dark horse

I've heard the same 'sceptic tank' also heard that Lachlan Nankervis goes alright. Athletic, agile, strong in the air and on the ground. Draws comparisons to that of Jake Stringer. Definitely one to look out for this year in Premier Division. The mans a real dark horse
he didn't do to well in the finals last year

I'm a little worried about Uni Blacks.
Ray Wilson was last seen leaving the Mt Martha ground yesterday shaking his head and mumbling that he will need to start yet another recruiting drive for 2017 and beyond after being belted by the Old Xavs.
Na....good hit out for both. Uni had plenty out and seemed to be giving their kids a bit of experience. Was told by a Blacks man that they have a lot to come back in before Rd. 1.
But still bottom 4 for me. Lucky for them Melbourne and Carey have relagation all but stitched up.

I'm a little worried about Uni Blacks.
Ray Wilson was last seen leaving the Mt Martha ground yesterday shaking his head and mumbling that he will need to start yet another recruiting drive for 2017 and beyond after being belted by the Old Xavs.
Na....good hit out for both. Uni had plenty out and seemed to be giving their kids a bit of experience. Was told by a Blacks man that they have a lot to come back in before Rd. 1.
But still bottom 4 for me. Lucky for them Melbourne and Carey have relagation all but stitched up.

What sort of margin are we talking here Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back