Premier A - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Are Collegians in a bit of strife of missing the finals?

Huge game vs the in form Blacks this week that could take them to 3 and 5. Surely they will throw Sautner back for this game. What has happened down there?

St Bedes are a bit of a smokey for this years finals if they can continue their form.

Anyone want to take a crack at a couple of things now every team has nearly played each other once?

Premiers:
Runner Up:
Woodrow:
Goal Kicking:

Are Collegians in a bit of strife of missing the finals?

Huge game vs the in form Blacks this week that could take them to 3 and 5. Surely they will throw Sautner back for this game. What has happened down there?

St Bedes are a bit of a smokey for this years finals if they can continue their form.

Anyone want to take a crack at a couple of things now every team has nearly played each other once?

Premiers:
Runner Up:
Woodrow:
Goal Kicking:

Premiers: Old Scotch (once Lower, Gilbee, Barlow and Houlihan all learn to play with one another)
Runner Up: Xavs or Uni Blacks
Woodrow: Bentick
Goal Kicking: Goss

Premiers: Old Xavs have to be firm favourites
Runner Up: Old Scotch or De La.
Woodrow: Too hard to tell
Goal Kicking: Goss

What's going on with St Bedes, they were horrible over the first few and have beaten De La and Collegians.....

Reckon Blacks must be 20-1 for the flag given the lack of acknowledgement for them on here ... Go Blackers!!!!

thats probably a bit short for mine, 30-1 would be about par.

Youlike, I'll have an even $100 with you at 30-1.

By no means a certainty, but a lot shorter than 30-1. I'd think around 10-1 at this stage of the year.

Care to share your market for the rest of the field?

Collegians price is way under by a stretch..won't make it this year.
Blacks and Scotch are overs for mine..closer to the 6/1 mark.
SBMT each way are value...money back if they finish fourth?
Carey are still no value!

OSOM

interesting round of footy

bedes getting better and better every week, are they a finals chance?

bernards getting the win they needed to kickstart there season, even if it was scrappy

dela lost three on the trot now

collegians in a thriller in im sure what would of been in a mud pit at the uni

other results somewhat expected

thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

interesting round of footy

bedes getting better and better every week, are they a finals chance?

bernards getting the win they needed to kickstart there season, even if it was scrappy

dela lost three on the trot now

collegians in a thriller in im sure what would of been in a mud pit at the uni

other results somewhat expected

thoughts?

SBMT - Yes 100% a finals chance, one game to go until the half-way point and they are only outside the top 4 by 1.07% and DLS have hit a small road block!

Bernies can take it up to anyone, could easily be 4-4 or even 5-3.

Beaumaris have cemented themselves as the premier flogs in section 1, fingers crossed they struggle in the second half and end up in B Section.

Carey - let's call them Melbourne from now on

I'm still waiting for Uni blacks to come unstuck, I reckon they might drop a few games in the 2nd half of the season as they won a couple in the first half I can't see them winning again (Xav's for one)

Can someone please explain to me what is happening at Uni Blues?

Young, Summers, Watts, Rippon, Torney, Nash are all quality players... I just can't understand how they can be so bad?

I think the next round will provide a huge insight as to the teams true positions. Some big games.

Collegians vs De La (Winner will probably play finals)
Scotch vs Blacks
Xavs vs St Bedes

I'm going to have a crack at the Top 4 end of year and say.

Xavs
St Bedes
Scotch
Collegians

SBMT - Yes 100% a finals chance, one game to go until the half-way point and they are only outside the top 4 by 1.07% and DLS have hit a small road block!

Bernies can take it up to anyone, could easily be 4-4 or even 5-3.

Beaumaris have cemented themselves as the premier flogs in section 1, fingers crossed they struggle in the second half and end up in B Section.

Carey - let's call them Melbourne from now on

I'm still waiting for Uni blacks to come unstuck, I reckon they might drop a few games in the 2nd half of the season as they won a couple in the first half I can't see them winning again (Xav's for one)

SBMT do look to be flying not sure that Blues are any sort of mearsuring stick but! still not sure how a team like that on paper can be so poor!
Uni Black wont fall away and I'm happy to tip a Blacks / Xav's GF now, still think that anyone excpet Carey and Blues could make finals.
Whats the issue with Beaumaris?

Xavs have it wrapped up unless Scotch can produce something unusual, CONSISTENCY, week in week out.

Bernies going okay, good win and tough loss to Xavs week before although they got a Dela side at the right time.

Purples have lost a yard or two which is quite obvious but still pretty handy and will be amongst the fight for the four from round 16 onwards. Blacks going well, they would be very happy to date.

If Bedes can win some more away they WILL play finals but at the end of the day its all a forgone conclusion, give the cup to Toorak Park in a year where A grade ain't that good.

The standard mayhave slipped a fraction but the interest in the run for the four is going to be very interesting week in week out.

Blues could get a wriggle on with the talent they have they just need to stop listening to their pre match address

Dont post very often these days. Every time you put your head up someone wants to knock it off so no wonder people reluctant to have their say.

Anyway here goes. Good call Re Bernies getting De La at the right time. Bellers have been smashed with injuries over the last month and have probably used close to 40 players already this season. Reckon most of the top sides would be high 20s. Still should have won on Saturday. Dominated everywhere but the scoreboard, particularly in the first half but poor kicking is poor football. Credit to Bernies. Hung in and were really good at the pointy end when the game was on the line. Solomon from Bendigo a very good in for them. Can play. They are a handful at home but not sure they can win enough on the road to threaten for finals. Ground was in good nick considering the substantial rain in the Nth West. Merrington is obviously one of the best forwards in the comp but was absolutely smashed by the young De La full back who I reckon is the best defender in the comp. Goalless and pretty much kickless and none to pleased about it. But De La still could not get the job done. Bernies defence also very good under a lot pressure most of the day. Young left footer back poclet/flanker exceptional and gave one of our blokes who is having a very good season a bath. Sorry can’t remember his name.

Way to early to be calling premiership favs at this stage. It is all dependent on having a healthy list at right time but good depth sure helps. As we have discovered ourself things can turn very quickly but aside from the St Bedes game when we were very very poor De La’s form has been pretty solid. Could easily be 7 – 1. Bye has come at the right time for the bellers and some good players to return in the second half of the year.

Beauy the biggest flogs? Not in my opinion as I found the players and supporters more than reasonable. A couple of standout performers have them well and truly covered with one club’s supporters so far out in front when it comes to appalling behaviour they would not even bother framing a market.

Cannot believe how poor Blues are travelling with the talent in their team. Something has to be seriously wrong down there. Anyone from UB with some insight?

Dont post very often these days. Every time you put your head up someone wants to knock it off so no wonder people reluctant to have their say.

Anyway here goes. Good call Re Bernies getting De La at the right time. Bellers have been smashed with injuries over the last month and have probably used close to 40 players already this season. Reckon most of the top sides would be high 20s. Still should have won on Saturday. Dominated everywhere but the scoreboard, particularly in the first half but poor kicking is poor football. Credit to Bernies. Hung in and were really good at the pointy end when the game was on the line. Solomon from Bendigo a very good in for them. Can play. They are a handful at home but not sure they can win enough on the road to threaten for finals. Ground was in good nick considering the substantial rain in the Nth West. Merrington is obviously one of the best forwards in the comp but was absolutely smashed by the young De La full back who I reckon is the best defender in the comp. Goalless and pretty much kickless and none to pleased about it. But De La still could not get the job done. Bernies defence also very good under a lot pressure most of the day. Young left footer back poclet/flanker exceptional and gave one of our blokes who is having a very good season a bath. Sorry can’t remember his name.

Way to early to be calling premiership favs at this stage. It is all dependent on having a healthy list at right time but good depth sure helps. As we have discovered ourself things can turn very quickly but aside from the St Bedes game when we were very very poor De La’s form has been pretty solid. Could easily be 7 – 1. Bye has come at the right time for the bellers and some good players to return in the second half of the year.

Beauy the biggest flogs? Not in my opinion as I found the players and supporters more than reasonable. A couple of standout performers have them well and truly covered with one club’s supporters so far out in front when it comes to appalling behaviour they would not even bother framing a market.

Cannot believe how poor Blues are travelling with the talent in their team. Something has to be seriously wrong down there. Anyone from UB with some insight?
Agree with pretty much everything that was said here except for the point about merrington.....clearly wasn't a day for big forwards on saturday, Although at no point was he out played even though most times he had two to three players on him. he still took crucial marks and set up the bernies forward entry multiple times.

Overall i do think that both sides were missing a few gun players but the game was amazing to watch....an absolute nail biter. Two great games at the pit in 2 weeks......if they play this brand of footy each the bernies could be genuine finals contenders. :footy:

SBMT do look to be flying not sure that Blues are any sort of mearsuring stick but! still not sure how a team like that on paper can be so poor!
Uni Black wont fall away and I'm happy to tip a Blacks / Xav's GF now, still think that anyone excpet Carey and Blues could make finals.
Whats the issue with Beaumaris?

I have not actually seen Blacks play so probably an unfair comment, I was just looking at some of the wins they have had which they could have easily lost. (Uni Blues would be hating the fact they are in relegation zone and Blacks are sitting pretty in second)

The VAFA retweeted something from Beaumaris after the game Saturday, it was something along the lines of "Best team lost today" .... they are just a bunch of flogs

Tweet from Beaumaris on Saturday

"@BeaumarisFC: Sharks go down by 9. Best side lost today."

Get your hand off it. Know your place.

Last year I took a school group to st Bernard's for acc sport. When we were leaving a st Bernard's student threw an apple from the top of the hill at us, clocking a female staff member in the head.

When I quickly reported this to one of the schools staff, they called the student over who just adamantly denied it. Teacher just let him go.

Bad culture is taught early at the snake pit.

It is better than it used to be, but unfortunately have to agree, still have a culture problem

Remove this Banner Ad

Premier A - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back