Premier A - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Last year I took a school group to st Bernard's for acc sport. When we were leaving a st Bernard's student threw an apple from the top of the hill at us, clocking a female staff member in the head.

When I quickly reported this to one of the schools staff, they called the student over who just adamantly denied it. Teacher just let him go.

Bad culture is taught early at the snake pit.

A kid threw an apple at school? Call the authorities!!!

Agree with pretty much everything that was said here except for the point about merrington.....clearly wasn't a day for big forwards on saturday, Although at no point was he out played even though most times he had two to three players on him. he still took crucial marks and set up the bernies forward entry multiple times.

Yes agree weather wouldn't have helped Merrington, can really play. Dela would me missing that kid who played last year, played a cracker against Xavs in finals, not sure where he is now. He ripped our blokes apart 2-3 seasons ago with 2-3 on him, one of the best talents seen in a long time in VAFA. He and Merrington would very close to both kicking 100 in A grade if they played all home and aways, probably go close in 16 rounds, both are that good. Imagine Amo's having that as Marketing pitch before a VAFA vs Country rep game.

Games this weekend---
Old Scotch v Uni Blacks - Old Scotch would want to win this one, would see them at 6-3, and ahead of the pack on the home run. Uni Blacks would be happy at the halfway mark, top 4 and also 6-3.
Old Carey v Beaumaris - Carey have been competitive in the majority of games. tipping an upset away from the aquarium.
Collegians v De La- Arguably the most important game of the round re: top 4. Tough to pick, but Collegians by 10
Uni Blues v St Bernards - Bernards would want to put 2 games between themselves and Blues.
Xavs v St Bedes. Another great game based on form. But Xavs are looking the goods at the moment

Whatofit - I agree with everything you have said except the Old Carey V Beaumaris, Beaumaris are going to win the flag so they will get up by 165 points!

Xav's and Bedes should be a cracker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beaumaris stink. Can't believe they have won 4. Unless of course they are depleted and were fielding a below strength team. Can't see them winning again. Will join Carey in B.

For whats its worth my prediction is the Panthers will survive this year. 6 of the last 9 at home with some big names to return over the next couple of weeks. First time this year they have put 4 quarters together.

Players used per team halfway through the year:
DLS: 39
XAV: 37
COL: 36
SCO: 35
BER: 35
BLU: 33
BEA: 33
CAR: 33
SBT: 31
BLA: 29

Interesting points I guess that blacks have used the least players. As their 2s are equal top depth shouldn't be a problem if they start getting injuries.

Fantastic work by SBMT. Start of the year I was positive they would get relegated now they are a genuine finals threat

For whats its worth my prediction is the Panthers will survive this year. 6 of the last 9 at home with some big names to return over the next couple of weeks. First time this year they have put 4 quarters together.

With the talent Carey has there is no way they are a 1 – 8 side however I can’t see them getting out of this one. Trying to make up 2 games on the others is a huge ask. And only 5 more at home not six. At best they might win 4 games in the second half. This means that that maybe 2 more wins from Blues and 1 more from Beauy and Bernard’s will probably see them survive. With the home ground advantage Bernie’s have I think they are safe. Blues have too much talent not to win at least 2 or 3 in the run home. This means Carey would have to win 5 or more to survive and that is probably unlikely.

On another note the VAFA is blessed to have such a fantastic even competition. Anyone can legitimately beat anyone on a given day and we avoid the blowouts we see in other suburban and country competitions. Our top side has a modest % of 120 and bottom side an acceptable 76. Compare that to the SFL - 284 & 32 and WRFL 214 & 15.

Thanks for the late mail, re announced his resignation Saturday before the game, he will pull on the boots for the rest of the year with the Blues Vice -President and long time assistant coach under Carroll and Kanis taking the reins.

Bernies to drop with Carey.

Thanks for the late mail, re announced his resignation Saturday before the game, he will pull on the boots for the rest of the year with the Blues Vice -President and long time assistant coach under Carroll and Kanis taking the reins.

Will he need to give back his coaching fees to date. If he doesn't, it will see alot of gun footballers coaching until the 30 June of each year, resign keep their $30k, and play for 8-9 games!!!

Gents, can anyone tell me about the van den Broek boys down at OS - ages, heights, weights, positions, descriptions etc. - I keep seeing their names in the best on a Monday morning and know nothing about them, I haven't been down to CSG in many a year.

So is Watts playing the season out at Blues or moving onto greener pastures. Or Blues put him out to pasture?

Gents, can anyone tell me about the van den Broek boys down at OS - ages, heights, weights, positions, descriptions etc. - I keep seeing their names in the best on a Monday morning and know nothing about them, I haven't been down to CSG in many a year.

Clearly you haven't been down to CSG. Both great blokes - Only one van den broek playing - he also made the Under 23 side so not hard to follow. The other one hasn't played all year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Premier A - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back