Premier A - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing they are just a B Grade Club mate

I think I remember you saying this last year. Clubs coming up to A aren't rated by you as they go straight back. They don't get your respect till they stick. Carey's third year!
Or by B you mean small? Definitely that. They are a small school who is 50/50 co-ed. Suprised they can get 3 teams out there. Certainly punching above their weight division when it comes to the bigger schools. A Grade effort for a small club IMO.
Also wouldn't write them off yet. An 11 point loss at Dairy Bell suggests they are ok. Win this week and they'll be 8th and safe....for now.

New to the VAFA scene obviously, Big Blue. Just curb the adrenilin and lack of cerebral impact before urging a response.
"Want a tissue" is a tad emotive.

Sincerest apologies Rissoles.
Calling supporters 'animals' is a much more intellectual insight into the VAFA scene.
All the best with C Grade.

Sincerest apologies Rissoles.
Calling supporters 'animals' is a much more intellectual insight into the VAFA scene.
All the best with C Grade.
If the cap fits, wear it.

Quite the fortress down there at the snakepit. Beaten by both clubs that have come up from B Grade.

Beauy - Wouldn't have picked this to be the clash for the top of the table at the beginning of the year. Beauy have been a welcome surprise packet.
Scotch - Flipped a coin for this one. Scotch have had an extra couple of days break, but does that help much at this level?
Blues - Too strong in the midfield and Nick Smith adds a huge target for them up forward. Will win the easily against a team that is really struggling.
Collegians - A few returning this week. Will be a real test for Bernards as they wont want to go 1-3 after the hard work they have done with their recruiting.
Blacks - May stretch SBMT on their home ground. Not sure how well they play the main though, might be cery, very tight. Blacks first halves have been poor.

Beauy - Wouldn't have picked this to be the clash for the top of the table at the beginning of the year. Beauy have been a welcome surprise packet.
Scotch - Flipped a coin for this one. Scotch have had an extra couple of days break, but does that help much at this level?
Blues - Too strong in the midfield and Nick Smith adds a huge target for them up forward. Will win the easily against a team that is really struggling.
Collegians - A few returning this week. Will be a real test for Bernards as they wont want to go 1-3 after the hard work they have done with their recruiting.
Blacks - May stretch SBMT on their home ground. Not sure how well they play the main though, might be cery, very tight. Blacks first halves have been poor.

If Mr Smith plays forward I will back Carey's LMM to keep him very very very quiet.

De La - setting the early running this year. Acid Test. Beauy may be without a key back.
Xavs - talk of some big names back in. Can win if true.
Blues - too strong around the ball.
Bernards - arm wrestle. Will survive the 1-3
Blacks - purely on home ground advantedge

De La - setting the early running this year. Acid Test. Beauy may be without a key back.
Xavs - talk of some big names back in. Can win if true.
Blues - too strong around the ball.
Bernards - arm wrestle. Will survive the 1-3
SBMT - purely on home ground advantedge
SBMT play Blacks at the university this week.

I'll happily reveal names, to the VAFA Intergrity Officer. Everybody in the know is aware that Ron Nicholson left Beauy because he was disgusted that some club and committee involved 'supporters' were paying players bags of cash, in fact, Mifsud was paid over $20,000 the year he was a playing coach...only a lazy $18,000 over the allowed limit!

Its a big junior footy club, parents talk my boy!

What a load of absolute dross. Good try at rubbishing the name of a club that has worked bloody hard to get where they are today. The team thats on the park this year is very similar to the team that played last year and majority of the players have played with the club since juniors.

Can anyone provide a match report from the game at Shark Park yesterday. From those I spoke to it was a cracking game and a great advertisement for VAFA footy.

Massive crowd and the game was in the balance till the final bell.

On a side note are Carey going to be the surprise relegation contender this year???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone provide a match report from the game at Shark Park yesterday. From those I spoke to it was a cracking game and a great advertisement for VAFA footy.

On a side note are Carey going to be the surprise relegation contender this year???

Fantastic game in front of a huge crowd. Two teams that did not figure in pre-season premiership markets in a game to decide top spot and they did not disappoint. Scoreline would suggest a dour struggle but it was anything but. Skilful, tough football with plenty of hard running. Players from both teams looked spent at the end (Bloody hell that is a big ground!)

Beauy the real deal. A good side, well coached with some legitimate some top-liners. De La very composed for young side. A couple of times Beauy looked like running over the top but they stood firm and rode it out. A goal on the bell made the margin 12 points.

While De La sit atop the ladder they have not been a dominant team. Have showed enormous guts to win 3 from 3 very close games. What could have been 1-3 is 4-0 and their season is now set up nicely.

Definitely, but not a big surprise when you look at how there 2's and 3's always go. No depth. We all know how good their top half dozen are, but it slides after that. Big game for them at the pit this week. Lose and I think they are no chance of escaping bottom 2.
Xavs look ominous after last week. Xavs and DLS look the two most likely.

I watched a bit of the Xav's and OS game.... It may sound weird but it really wasn't obvious just how dominate the Xav's were until you looked at the score board, they kept the pressue all day and they didn't miss chances and BANG before you know it they are 5 goals up haha. Good team to watch though, run and spread hard, Williams and Goss are very handy players!

OS would be very disapointed, they looked like a C grade club in the last quarter, even Old Carey would have beaten them!

I watched a bit of the Xav's and OS game.... It may sound weird but it really wasn't obvious just how dominate the Xav's were until you looked at the score board, they kept the pressue all day and they didn't miss chances and BANG before you know it they are 5 goals up haha. Good team to watch though, run and spread hard, Williams and Goss are very handy players!

OS would be very disapointed, they looked like a C grade club in the last quarter, even Old Carey would have beaten them!

Looks like it is going to be a very even "A" season this year.

Beau doing well, still along way to go.
Scotch, could be the same old same old, mid ladder for the 100th time
St Bedes and Carey seem to be the early strugglers.
Unis x 2 hard to get a fix on. Not much between either.
Xavs and Coll look like they will still be there abouts.
Bernis to sit clear of the bottom two.
De La off to a sound start as usual. Its the finals where they struggle.

Saw 2nd half scotch xavs. Many will be saying I'm kidding but Xavs will be almost impossible to beat on that display. Very good mix of talls, runners even spread of mid fielders. Perhaps times when a few key players out they will be vunerable but near full strength can I get on now ?

About round 7 we will know much more, I expect Scotch to bounce back quickly, too many good players. I like Blues chances of winning a few more with a target like Nick Smith ex dela boy so I hear, they must be disappointed they don't have his services after losing Croad.

Collegians list is easily good enough to make finals and will do so if they keep players on the park. Cannot discount Bernies as list easily good enough to go close to 3 or 4, Bedes will win their share of home games, very tough away.

Saw 2nd half scotch xavs. Many will be saying I'm kidding but Xavs will be almost impossible to beat on that display. Very good mix of talls, runners even spread of mid fielders. Perhaps times when a few key players out they will be vunerable but near full strength can I get on now ?

About round 7 we will know much more, I expect Scotch to bounce back quickly, too many good players. I like Blues chances of winning a few more with a target like Nick Smith ex dela boy so I hear, they must be disappointed they don't have his services after losing Croad.

Collegians list is easily good enough to make finals and will do so if they keep players on the park. Cannot discount Bernies as list easily good enough to go close to 3 or 4, Bedes will win their share of home games, very tough away.

Recruited to Melbourne from Norwood in the SANFL in 2002, the year he finished school if he is 28. Would most likely have gone to a school their I'd suggest. Plenty of Nick Smith's floating around, so you might just have the wrong one.

This one definitely represented SA at the u/18 championships. He was a monster then and still is now.

Not sure where LMM played on the weekend, but I would not say that 4 goals to Smith is "keeping him quiet", Dallas.

Recruited to Melbourne from Norwood in the SANFL in 2002, the year he finished school if he is 28. Would most likely have gone to a school their I'd suggest. Plenty of Nick Smith's floating around, so you might just have the wrong one.

This one definitely represented SA at the u/18 championships. He was a monster then and still is now.

Not sure where LMM played on the weekend, but I would not say that 4 goals to Smith is "keeping him quiet", Dallas.
DD, unfortunately the clash didn't eventuate. LMM played in the Ruck and then rested forward. Well done to the blues, they were too good on the day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Premier A - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back