Premier A - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

But Brian your comment was “B clubs dominating A the next season” While Blues may yet salute this year none of the other recently promoted clubs have dominated the following season. Blacks finished the H & A in 4th in 2013 and with the addition of some guns players went on to win the flag the following season. However far more clubs promoted from B grade have disappeared without a trace. Several now in C grade and one (PEGS) heading to D.

With 2 up and 2 down the composition of all grades changes substantially from year to year so I am unsurprised by the changing landscape of the ‘A’ grade. All of those you mentioned have been there before anyway.

Are Uni Blues really a 'B' team? They were unlucky to go down, were clearly still of A grade standard and were just down for the one year, before adding additional depth when coming back up again. SBMT will spend just the one year down before coming back up, and OT are in a similar boat, down and straight back up.

With what Brian is talking about, to me that I feel that should be more about the long standing B teams like STK, or teams coming from C to B to A like SBMT did way back in 2008. It's different when you get to taste what A grade is like and understand what is required, then going down and back up again, than coming up without having been there and getting to the top in that first stint.

Anyway, can't wait to see how Scotchies fare in B next season. It still feels strange.

Don't even need this weekend's game really then do we? Seriously, don't get so put out by one man's opinion.

My belief is that Uni Blues are playing a brand of football that no one left can match (a full strength DLS were the only other team with a chance). Bernies definitely don't have the game plan to get it done, and they'll be gutted that they will have gone out in straight sets two years running, although they are better placed now than in previous years to stay at the top half of premier.

Whilst I respect your opinion and belief, I reserve the right to point out that currently the club best positioned to win the whole thing is the one which has been largely ignored on this discussion board as they have gone about their business and (by you at least) dismissed as irrelevant to the finals equation.

If nothing else, yesterday's second semi result shows that anything can happen in a game (including finals), and current form is not necessarily determinate of future outcomes.

Why are Uni Blues so clearly destined to continue to produce this wonderful "brand" of footy in the next two matches?

Whilst I respect your opinion and belief, I reserve the right to point out that currently the club best positioned to win the whole thing is the one which has been largely ignored on this discussion board as they have gone about their business and (by you at least) dismissed as irrelevant to the finals equation.

If nothing else, yesterday's second semi result shows that anything can happen in a game (including finals), and current form is not necessarily determinate of future outcomes.

Why are Uni Blues so clearly destined to continue to produce this wonderful "brand" of footy in the next two matches?

T's are playing the same great brand of footy they have played all season, as are Bernies. The problem with that is that it's generally not good enough come finals time (unless you are already miles ahead of the rest of the comp). Finals requires a step-up, which Blues have done. I don't see it with T's or Bernies (Bernies having made exactly the same mistake last year as well).

If T's can find the extra gear then good luck to them. I don't see it happening.

T's are playing the same great brand of footy they have played all season, as are Bernies. The problem with that is that it's generally not good enough come finals time (unless you are already miles ahead of the rest of the comp). Finals requires a step-up, which Blues have done. I don't see it with T's or Bernies (Bernies having made exactly the same mistake last year as well).

If T's can find the extra gear then good luck to them. I don't see it happening.

You blokes have lost the plot. Bernies 5 goals up at 3/4 time with 4 quality players out. I went and watched this game and they are a quality unit. Just need to convert better. If they can do this, no one will get near them.

You blokes have lost the plot. Bernies 5 goals up at 3/4 time with 4 quality players out. I went and watched this game and they are a quality unit. Just need to convert better. If they can do this, no one will get near them.

Steve with the greatest of respect..... a couple more " ifs" and you could have fielded a team of them.

Lets look at the facts : A 120 mins odd of footy then the siren goes. There is a winner and there is a loser... Bernies in Finals are predominantly losers......no "IFS" about that.

2015 doesnt seem to be any different....

Steve with the greatest of respect..... a couple more " ifs" and you could have fielded a team of them.

Lets look at the facts : A 120 mins odd of footy then the siren goes. There is a winner and there is a loser... Bernies in Finals are predominantly losers......no "IFS" about that.

2015 doesnt seem to be any different....

I'm looking forward to the next fortnight of footy.

Bernies still my tip. Quality outfit. Will topple trinity in a GF provided they get through. Best attack in the comp. On a ground such as Princes park, I can't see them loosing. but hey, just my opinion.

Bernies still my tip. Quality outfit. Will topple trinity in a GF provided they get through. Best attack in the comp. On a ground such as Princes park, I can't see them loosing. but hey, just my opinion.
Would like to see OT win just for the reason of spreading it around. Shame that Iezzi won't be there. He is a player who deserves a flag.

Yep, fair enough to.

Im with sideswipe, good to see OT getting close. A very capable and laudable footy Club. Present very well on and off the paddock.

Good luck to them..

I'd like to see OT win it as well for pretty much that reason. Unfortunately I don't see it happening.

They are a very "even" team. No superstare and no duds. Just good well drilled team with truckloads of fitness.....Can run all day with skills to boot.
(and I dont even support them).....

Would it be a great story if Old Trinity could pull off a miracle and win its first ever A Section/Premier flag. This is without doubt the biggest game in OT's history, and they'll be playing not just before 5000+ at IKON Park, Carlton, but the VAFA Premier Grand Final will be streamed live on www.innerfm.com.au (and on 96.5 Inner FM itself), and a live webcast on VAFATV via www.vafa.com.au plus a replay of the game on Channel 31 the following week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would love to see OT win it, what a great story that would be! Who would have thought with them losing Brendan Iezzi that they would be in this position.

In regards to St Bernard's having four out, two are VFL players who have St Bernard's as a second club, so they don't count.

I know that my club had 9 players unavailable for last weekends game, big deal, you put your best team on the park and hope for the best.

Go the T's, although I think Blues will win it.

Only 2 of whom have played 10 or more senior games in 2015, Briza would like to add.

Hard to go past Bentick or Young for B&F. You just know they will vote well. Because they were awesome and would probably vote ok if they weren't. Just the way these can go sometimes.
Perhaps Hunt or Steinhart if they don't steal off each other?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to go past the low profile gaffer out Daley Oval way who managed to get the lowest resourced club in the competition back into the guts of Premier whilst also balancing u19 interests such that they could win a flag.

If you are talking about building from within, Adam Andrews is an unheralded talent.

Not that I'm biased in any way.....

Given last night he was awarded VAFA Senior Coach of 2015, I think I'll bump this post.

Congratulations Rosco!

Would the occasion of the Premier Grand Final get to Old Trinity, seeing this is the first time OT's has played in a VAFA A Section/Premier Grand Final?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brilliant effort by the T's, love how they just go quietly about their football.
St Bernard's in trouble, straight sets again, haven't won a final for four years, Uni Blues will smoke them.
Got that one slightly wrong old son......

As I said earlier the double chance was sewn up very early for a very good reason.

The best two teams have made the big dance.
Not according to the board's oracle 'Scribe'.;)

f
Brilliant effort by the T's, love how they just go quietly about their football.
St Bernard's in trouble, straight sets again, haven't won a final for four years, Uni Blues will smoke them.
Don't even need this weekend's game really then do we? Seriously, don't get so put out by one man's opinion.

My belief is that Uni Blues are playing a brand of football that no one left can match (a full strength DLS were the only other team with a chance). Bernies definitely don't have the game plan to get it done, and they'll be gutted that they will have gone out in straight sets two years running, although they are better placed now than in previous years to stay at the top half of premier.
I predicted Bernies not to win the GF halfway through the season. By close of play next weekend I am confident I will be proven correct.

Might be big, but still tpo slow.....
found reading these posts very funny after todays game. Clearly the best two teams are playing in the GF next week.

geez jack watts is a genuine flog

how many cheap shots will it take to satisfy him

and who was the nuffy behind the blues goals getting stuck into tom caven for going down when watts clearly elbowed him in the face

won't find a more fairer player then tom caven

Blues completely outclassed today. 2 Blues players reported really cost them in the 1st and 3rd quarters. Poorly coached today. One dimensional, predictable and smashed in tackle count and clearances. Against a genuine quality A grade side Blues were out of their depth. Was a pleasure to watch.

Old Trinity and Bernards deservedly in the GF. Trinity strong favourites. The week off is huge for them. Bernards bring their kicking foot and it will be a cracking game.

found reading these posts very funny after todays game. Clearly the best two teams are playing in the GF next week.

geez jack watts is a genuine flog

how many cheap shots will it take to satisfy him

and who was the nuffy behind the blues goals getting stuck into tom caven for going down when watts clearly elbowed him in the face

won't find a more fairer player then tom caven

Blues completely outclassed today. 2 Blues players reported really cost them in the 1st and 3rd quarters. Poorly coached today. One dimensional, predictable and smashed in tackle count and clearances. Against a genuine quality A grade side Blues were out of their depth. Was a pleasure to watch.

Old Trinity and Bernards deservedly in the GF. Trinity strong favourites. The week off is huge for them. Bernards bring their kicking foot and it will be a cracking game.

Nothing like being humble in victory!

Easy to sit on the fence and crow when your teams gets up but at least these posters where prepared to stick their neck out and make a prediction. Isn’t that what this forum is about? No wonder hardly anyone bothers to post here anymore. Sometime you get it right and sometimes you don’t. Would suggest that all of the aforementioned posters get more right than wrong and personally I welcome people prepared to make a prediction rather than be wise after the event.

I said pre-season that St Bernards had easily the best list and would win the flag. However a bit rich to infer Blues are not a genuine ‘A’ grade side. Clearly they had an off day but have had a pretty solid year. And really anyone from St Bernards calling out other clubs supporters would be the most extreme case of pot/kettle in the VAFA!

However we agree on Jack Watts – great player but one hell of an ordinary bloke. Has been throwing cheap elbows and dropping the knees with impunity for years. Glad he finally got caught out. Just wish his brain snap happened last week.

Great post Rooster. Blues are a great side. Rippin, Young, Watts and co had a bad one. Watts is a twat. Amazing how umpires have let him get away with blue murder for years.
Looking forward to next weeks GF!

Will be a great final. Heart says Ts, but head says Bernies will be determined not to repeat the second semi.

Fact is Bernies had what should have been a match winning lead at 3/4 time in both of their last two games. If they have learned anything from the second semi, it will be even harder for my old boys to hoist our first ever A grade pennant.

Nothing like being humble in victory!

Easy to sit on the fence and crow when your teams gets up but at least these posters where prepared to stick their neck out and make a prediction. Isn’t that what this forum is about? No wonder hardly anyone bothers to post here anymore. Sometime you get it right and sometimes you don’t. Would suggest that all of the aforementioned posters get more right than wrong and personally I welcome people prepared to make a prediction rather than be wise after the event.

I said pre-season that St Bernards had easily the best list and would win the flag. However a bit rich to infer Blues are not a genuine ‘A’ grade side. Clearly they had an off day but have had a pretty solid year. And really anyone from St Bernards calling out other clubs supporters would be the most extreme case of pot/kettle in the VAFA!

However we agree on Jack Watts – great player but one hell of an ordinary bloke. Has been throwing cheap elbows and dropping the knees with impunity for years. Glad he finally got caught out. Just wish his brain snap happened last week.
Just giving some back for the tripe rolled out on this forum this past week...Blues clearly an A grade side....not good enough today though and many posting here this past week were way off the mark. Happy to NOT be humble against some of the ordinary on field discretions witnessed today and the morons behind the Blues goal. Very different to OT - quality on and off field. Blues - Ordinary

Remove this Banner Ad

Premier A - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back