B Section Premier B - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on Briza you have been whining like a 40yo diff all year. Injuries at the top of the list now the ground. The surface was a disgrace but both teams had to cop it. Blacks handled it better and deserve their position and flag favouritism.
Who knows, Blacks may have won by 10 goals on a decent surface, the point is that the ground is a disgrace and Blacks should have relocated the game to one of the other ovals, yesterday's game was a pointless exercise and an embarrassment to Premier B football.

Who knows, Blacks may have won by 10 goals on a decent surface, the point is that the ground is a disgrace and Blacks should have relocated the game to one of the other ovals, yesterday's game was a pointless exercise and an embarrassment to Premier B football.

Give us a spell BS your ground is not the MCG!!

Give us a spell BS your ground is not the MCG!!
Uni Main has been like that for almost 6-8 weeks. Anyway, looks like a few others have caught up (courtasy of Old Xavs website)

A0ieu-lCIAA0JTd.jpg

To all clubs in the VAFA who are not within the Stonnington council area no matter how bad you think your council ground management team is I can guarantee you that ours is worse.

The only comfort that Xavs can take from that picture is that they will feel right at home when they visit De La next week as we also have the misfortune to be ‘managed’ by the same incompetent clowns from Stonnington.

Got to say in this instance, I agree with you Brian.

Anyone from the UB v's SKOB game care to shead some light on the report, no love lost between the 2 teams this year!!

Uni Oval had two games of College football played on it last Wednesday night in the rain after the Baseball Club had finished training

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here we go for the penultimate round:

Beaumaris vs Old Melburnians
Old Brighton vs University Blacks
St Kevins vs AJAX
Oakleigh vs Werribee
Old Ivanhoe vs Old Haileybury

Beaumaris vs Old Melburnians
Old Brighton vs University Blacks
St Kevins vs AJAX
Oakleigh vs Werribee
Old Ivanhoe vs Old Haileybury

Just a late hit, nothing serious to be honest.

Completely disagree. There was no "hit" behind the play to speak of, was reported for "kicking". Given the footage shows nothing of the kind its a crappy result for a young kid. Blacks are appalled that he was rubbed out. Check out the dartfish footage. 2nd quarter - 5mins, 12 secs, player number 14 for blacks. Will let you all be the judge.

All in all the game was played in great spirits by both clubs. Both played hard and tough footy in trying conditions. Both teams should be commended.

Also, I've heard the saint kevins player required as a witness was a no show. does he then get a week?

See that the Ajax story is in the local Leader newspaper, with the Pres saying they didn't handle it properly, thats the understatement of the year.
Toorak Park was used for SMJFL finals the week before and was a disgrace, thank god they shifted the games last Sunday.

Found it Pete.

Yeah, the negotiations sound strange and then to think that BOTH clubs tore up the deal before the meeting seems very unfortunate.

Perhaps it was written on the back of a "bear' coaster

Looks like 'Mister Magic' has performed the ultimate trick and made himself DISAPPEAR.

Well done

Cheers

"what deal??"

CC

A WRITTEN agreement for the Caulfield Bears to accept a $175,000 offer from Ajax Football Club to leave Princes Park was destroyed before a critical council meeting.
The agreement, presumably struck to boost Ajax's bid to relocate to Princes Park, was signed by the clubs on January 27.
Glen Eira Council has demanded to see the deal and, on August 14, voted 5-3 to give the two clubs 14 days to produce a copy.
But the clubs said they tore up the deal the night before the council meeting.
Under it, Caulfield would have moved from Princes Park to Koornang Reserve in Carnegie with $175,000 to upgrade its facilities.
This would have paved the way for Ajax to potentially move into Princes Park.
Ajax president Ian Fayman said the agreement was drawn up so Ajax's seniors could play at the same ground as its juniors - Princes Park - as most members lived in Glen Eira.
"Our intentions were honourable. We notified council from day one," Fayman said.
"The money was never paid and won't be paid. It was to specifically be used for the pavilion at Koornang Park."
The matter could have been handled better, he said.
Caulfield trains at Princes Park and has played home games at Koornang for two seasons.
More than $2.4 million has been spent refurbishing Princes Park but it sits idle on Saturdays.
The council has agreed to let Ajax hold a community day at Princes Park on September 1.

Completely disagree. There was no "hit" behind the play to speak of, was reported for "kicking". Given the footage shows nothing of the kind its a crappy result for a young kid. Blacks are appalled that he was rubbed out. Check out the dartfish footage. 2nd quarter - 5mins, 12 secs, player number 14 for blacks. Will let you all be the judge.

All in all the game was played in great spirits by both clubs. Both played hard and tough footy in trying conditions. Both teams should be commended.

Also, I've heard the saint kevins player required as a witness was a no show. does he then get a week?

yes he does - next week unless a legitimate excuse.

cheers

"I saw nothing!!"

CC

I'm not going to dob the Blacks bloke in, what happens on the field stays there. The young lad did not turn up as he was at the surgeons having his leg assessed as a result of the incident.

I'm not going to dob the Blacks bloke in, what happens on the field stays there. The young lad did not turn up as he was at the surgeons having his leg assessed as a result of the incident.

F*ck off Brian, don't say nothing in it and then say the bloke was at the doctors 3 days after!! "not going to dob the blacks bloke in" you my friend are a flog!! Just say what you mean and stop hiddening behind half truths and BS

F*ck off Brian, don't say nothing in it and then say the bloke was at the doctors 3 days after!! "not going to dob the blacks bloke in" you my friend are a flog!! Just say what you mean and stop hiddening behind half truths and BS
What an informative post Cosmo, you have added SWEET FA to this forum since you joined, please go back into the hole you came from and whilst you are there, learn how to spell.
Now Briza, who are you tipping to go up to A this year? Don't rule out my boys yet, not until tonight at the earliest, we still have some hope.
Also a big thank you to Inner Fm, it is terrific listening to them whilst I am over here in the USA on holidays, time to go back out an get some more Myrtle Beach sun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back