B Section Premier B - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's out in the open?
That you posted a false rumour about Ajax approaching Ormond to swap Princes Park and E E Gunn.

If you boher to check with your President you might be surprised to learn that he telephoned the Ajax President today to apologise for the false and mileading information being posted on BigFooty.
Did not apologise at all, just said it must all stop and thats fair enough.

Sometimes part of a story sounds better than the real one.
The chronological facts are these.
In late 2011 Caulfield made application to play at Koornang in 2012 - and was granted tennancy
Ajax made application to play some games at Princes Park, given that Caulfield had relinquished their tennancy - and was knocked back by Council Officers
Ajax made application to play a round of games on September 1 - and was knocked back by Council Officer
Ajax then applied to full Council Meeting to have that 'September 1' decision reviewed. The Council voted to overturn the decision and granted Ajax use of the facility for that day.

I understand that both Caulfield and Ajax were/are unhappy with some of the decisions made by Council Officers and have approached the Council for explanations after failing to get satisfactory (in their eyes) reasons from the Council Officers involved as to why their various applications were rejected.

You are right to ask why you received some of the documents you did - I belioeve both Caulfield and Ajax are puzzled by that given that it had nothing to do with the substance of the mailout - Liquor Licensing issues.
I understand both Clubs have asked the Council what the relevance of including those 'partial' emails without their corresponding replies in some instances was.

Ajax didn't get what they wanted so they escalated it to a council vote, knowing they had some pull at the highest level in Michael Lipshutz & co.

The council officers would have had a valid reason to knock back Ajax's application.

Seriously, who gives a flying f#@k...

surely there is something better to talk about?

Maxy, can you please advise how our boys are going to win C Grade in 2013?
I agree, Max, OI will be lucky to avoid the double drop unless something seriously changes over summer. Your best player at the moment is a part timer, what is the school team like this year and will they come down to play?
Oakliegh also in a world of pain, I cant believe Skevs kicked that score on a mud heap, if it was firm we could have been talking 30 goals plus. Big game this weekend at Blacks, Uni rightly favorites after the last time both sides played.
I also hear Meehan has quit Sandy to play at OH full time for the rest of the year, he is a major in for them and may be the one who carries them to fourth.

I agree, Max, OI will be lucky to avoid the double drop unless something seriously changes over summer. Your best player at the moment is a part timer, what is the school team like this year and will they come down to play?
Oakliegh also in a world of pain, I cant believe Skevs kicked that score on a mud heap, if it was firm we could have been talking 30 goals plus. Big game this weekend at Blacks, Uni rightly favorites after the last time both sides played.
I also hear Meehan has quit Sandy to play at OH full time for the rest of the year, he is a major in for them and may be the one who carries them to fourth.

Never thought I'd say it but thanks god for BS and some really footy talk, don't care which rubbish club outbids which other rubbish club or who is blowing who on the Council!! It will be a rubbish first experience for AJAX last round anyway!!

Not sure about Oak's I think they need a change of coach and drop the dress pants crap but they are better than OI, agree double drop coming up..

Interesting talk re VFL players not getting a go with VFL sides coming back to VAFA to qualify for finals is this fair, should the game requirement be 6 or 8?? OH will only win 2 of the next 3 and can't make finals so Meehan makes no difference.

Huge game BS, battle of the forward lines, as I think both side backs are their weakness from all reports the main is very ordinary so that wont help the goal kicking not that the mud pit in the middle of Oak is anything to be proud of!

Uni to win by 5 goals plus!!

Never thought I'd say it but thanks god for BS and some really footy talk, don't care which rubbish club outbids which other rubbish club or who is blowing who on the Council!! It will be a rubbish first experience for AJAX last round anyway!!

Not sure about Oak's I think they need a change of coach and drop the dress pants crap but they are better than OI, agree double drop coming up..

Interesting talk re VFL players not getting a go with VFL sides coming back to VAFA to qualify for finals is this fair, should the game requirement be 6 or 8?? OH will only win 2 of the next 3 and can't make finals so Meehan makes no difference.

Huge game BS, battle of the forward lines, as I think both side backs are their weakness from all reports the main is very ordinary so that wont help the goal kicking not that the mud pit in the middle of Oak is anything to be proud of!

Uni to win by 5 goals plus!!

In regards to Oakleigh, I said from the start that the appointment was a strange one. Assistant coach at Canterbury was his total coaching resume. Would love to hear from someone at Oakleigh how he has gone.

In regards to Oakleigh, I said from the start that the appointment was a strange one. Assistant coach at Canterbury was his total coaching resume. Would love to hear from someone at Oakleigh how he has gone.

Really?? They are Div 4 EFL correct?? That can't be correct

Really?? They are Div 4 EFL correct?? That can't be correct
For what its worth he was the GM of the VFL for a decade or so, doesnt really mean anything in a coaching sense but he isnt a blow in with no background.
Uni Blacks biggest loss on the weekend was on the main oval with their rivals the Blues beating Xavs and pretty much cementing another year in Premier. I am sure Blacks would be a lot stronger without them up there with them......
If OM's win this week, we are locked and loaded for everything.

For what its worth he was the GM of the VFL for a decade or so, doesnt really mean anything in a coaching sense but he isnt a blow in with no background.
Uni Blacks biggest loss on the weekend was on the main oval with their rivals the Blues beating Xavs and pretty much cementing another year in Premier. I am sure Blacks would be a lot stronger without them up there with them......
If OM's win this week, we are locked and loaded for everything.

Can your 2's still make it?

Seriously, who gives a flying f#@k...

surely there is something better to talk about?

Maxy, can you please advise how our boys are going to win C Grade in 2013?

Well some of us ammo stalwarts do give a F&*k:eek:

Not all about you HBF & Cosmo, as we have one VAFA club allegedly negotiating to displace another from their home ground.:rolleyes:

The passion by the 2 posters is good banter, so pull head your head in:p

In all my VAFA history I have never heard this happening and like alot of people are keen to understand the situation and the outcomes.o_O

Cheers

"more to BF VAFA than boring tipping HBF & Cosmo"

CC

Surely the Hoers aren't a D-Grade team? They haven't been down to those depths since Kev McLeans 1st year in 1993.

Maybe a Godfather can go out and acquire some talent - a new Big-O perhaps?

Clubs need to go back a step to re-generate.

Check ladders in C Grade and you will see the top sides are having success, building support and funds.

Unfortunatley Ormond and perhaps Hampton have slipped down more than they wanted, however the ones looking like coming back have only been away from B-Grade for 1-2 years.

Like a safe bushfire, sometimes you need a disaster for the re-generation of the forest to occur and make it stronger.

OI will go down for 1-2 then bounce back

Cheers

"1 step back, 2 forward"

CC

Disappointing year - many long term injuries, with just 4 players playing 14 / 15 games for the year - utilised 48 players in the Seniors which has tested the depth of talent unlike the two previous years in B Grade when we were relatively unscathed.

I am not that close to the club but did hear that around Round 8 or Round 10, was the first time Selection was able to consider dropping a player due to form. Prior to that, there was continuous topping up of players from the 2s as those in the ones became injured and re-injured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clubs need to go back a step to re-generate.

Check ladders in C Grade and you will see the top sides are having success, building support and funds.

Unfortunatley Ormond and perhaps Hampton have slipped down more than they wanted, however the ones looking like coming back have only been away from B-Grade for 1-2 years.

Like a safe bushfire, sometimes you need a disaster for the re-generation of the forest to occur and make it stronger.

OI will go down for 1-2 then bounce back

Cheers

"1 step back, 2 forward"

Much like our friend CC here, I have quite enjoyed the banter and now am really interested in the outcome of this. I find it extraordinary that a VAFA club would have $175K to throw around?
FWIW, I have a strong commericial background, played a bit of football but have never coached - should I start applying for B-Grade jobs?

Thanks for all the thoughts.
Most clubs play in the grade they deserve to play in.
Already appointed under 19 coach
Looking for a new senior coach. His decision not the clubs.
I have seen enough of C Grade to know we can't expect to stay up.
As previously said that we are taking our medicine and we will be back
Better than ever.
School footy is on its way back. The under age teams are being coached by football people, not just French teachers?

Last couple of weeks we have been competitive for periods within games. Need to have. More good quarters

Bring on 2013

BS! Just celebrated 25 reunion of OI beating ST.K in the 1987 GF. Starting a long running rivalry with the bubble bees.

Mathamatically still four teams eyeing the last two finals spots but that could all be resolved by 5pm Saturday.

AJAX vs Old Ivanhoe
Old Melburnians vs Old Brighton
Old Haileybury vs Oakleigh
University Blacks vs St Kevins
Werribee vs Beaumaris

Hello Chaps,
With all this hoo-haa about grounds, I took the Range Rover for a little trip across the highway this morning to see what all the fuss was about. Can't work out why anyone would fight over EE Gunn Reserve? Nor why the Monders would consider moving? Surely anyone with real estate on "that side of the highway" only ever have aspirations to move to Braaaaghton anyway? I mean thats why Braaaghton Grammar was invented - for people who want to say they went to a Grammar School but still get a technical college education at the same taaaahm.
Speaking of "the Tonners" as they laaahk to refer to themselves, they'll be going all guns blazing at the Junction to try to rest 4th off the OM's. It won't happen.
The Majenta boys from Keysborough via Springvale en route to Mackinnon (also on the far side of the highway) have hit some good form, and it should be enough for them to CONSOLIDATE 6TH PLACE!! Can they make up 8 points and 13% to snatch 4th spot in the dying weeks? NO. Its about as laaahkly as Julia getting to renovate the Lodge and have a hairdressing salon put in the front room for little Timmy. One week at a tahm Jules.
Blacks will beat the Old Xavs' poor catholic cousins. Again. Right about now SKOB will be starting to feel nervous about dropping 2 finals and having TH KING redeveloped as the new B Grade Headquarters forever.
And Beaumaris cross the bay to the stink hole. I am concerned for them. Deeply concerned. Bees Please.
Finally, an absolute ripper of a ding dong battle showcasing all that is great about our game WILL NOT be played at Albert Park today. One club headed to C Grade with its D GRade jumper, the other club not sure where it is headed - eager to cross the border but without the necessary papers. Ivanhoe not without a chance from what Ivan told me at the Melbourne Club yesterday. I'm prepared to believe. There is always hope. Miracles happen.
That's why I still talk to the yummy mummies at school drop off.
You never know your luck I guess.
Hoo Roo

Hello Chaps,
With all this hoo-haa about grounds, I took the Range Rover for a little trip across the highway this morning to see what all the fuss was about. Can't work out why anyone would fight over EE Gunn Reserve? Nor why the Monders would consider moving? Surely anyone with real estate on "that side of the highway" only ever have aspirations to move to Braaaaghton anyway? I mean thats why Braaaghton Grammar was invented - for people who want to say they went to a Grammar School but still get a technical college education at the same taaaahm.
Speaking of "the Tonners" as they laaahk to refer to themselves, they'll be going all guns blazing at the Junction to try to rest 4th off the OM's. It won't happen.
The Majenta boys from Keysborough via Springvale en route to Mackinnon (also on the far side of the highway) have hit some good form, and it should be enough for them to CONSOLIDATE 6TH PLACE!! Can they make up 8 points and 13% to snatch 4th spot in the dying weeks? NO. Its about as laaahkly as Julia getting to renovate the Lodge and have a hairdressing salon put in the front room for little Timmy. One week at a tahm Jules.
Blacks will beat the Old Xavs' poor catholic cousins. Again. Right about now SKOB will be starting to feel nervous about dropping 2 finals and having TH KING redeveloped as the new B Grade Headquarters forever.
And Beaumaris cross the bay to the stink hole. I am concerned for them. Deeply concerned. Bees Please.
Finally, an absolute ripper of a ding dong battle showcasing all that is great about our game WILL NOT be played at Albert Park today. One club headed to C Grade with its D GRade jumper, the other club not sure where it is headed - eager to cross the border but without the necessary papers. Ivanhoe not without a chance from what Ivan told me at the Melbourne Club yesterday. I'm prepared to believe. There is always hope. Miracles happen.
That's why I still talk to the yummy mummies at school drop off.
You never know your luck I guess.
Hoo Roo

ABSOLUTE classic Rah Rah. One of your best pieces ..............

The worst condition I have EVER seen a ground in today, it was just, well, indescribable. It makes De La Salle's ground towards the end of last year look like a bowling green, really amazingly bad. If you you need evidence, check out Dartfish, this game gives no indication as too either sides strengths and weaknesses, it only demonstrated that TH King aint so bad after all! WOW.......

Agree. just awful. However last week the conditions ensured that the team who wanted the pill more, blitzed the team who was not prepared to be hurt or cop that corky or kick to the hand etc. That's why Blues whipped a toothless Xavs.
Back to B. Uni to go straight up to A with comfortable 2nd semi win and then the Skevvy faithful will be forced to endure that nervous prelim match. If the better team wins, A Grade will be topped up with another APS team. Always good news, particularly with Caulfield departing.

The worst condition I have EVER seen a ground in today, it was just, well, indescribable. It makes De La Salle's ground towards the end of last year look like a bowling green, really amazingly bad. If you you need evidence, check out Dartfish, this game gives no indication as too either sides strengths and weaknesses, it only demonstrated that TH King aint so bad after all! WOW.......
Come on Briza you have been whining like a 40yo diff all year. Injuries at the top of the list now the ground. The surface was a disgrace but both teams had to cop it. Blacks handled it better and deserve their position and flag favouritism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back