Premier B - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth it appears I was wrong with the early Uni Blues v Carey GF, SKOB seemed to be smashing teams this year which hasn't happened in the past few seasons when they have been around the mark. Is this finally their year? How did they look Max?
Beat the crap out of us.
Three red cards didn't help.
Water boy got a red for failing to give an umpire a drink during the game???
Our only positive light is that our Two's are going ok.
Big game this week against OM's.

Max

I have been told that Brunswick St Oval is considered open public space, so the club can do little to stop people from coming and having a beer while watching the footy. I believe the only part they have control of is the grand stand and the area below it.

As a Fitzroy supporter, it's fair to say that the club is pretty choosy about who they pick up on drinking booze...my mate and I have been slammed on more than one occasion for partaking in a beverage miles away from the grandstand, whilst the hipsters on the hill are allowed to continue on their merry way without so much as an eyelid being battered at them

Todays games:
Fitzroy v AJAX
Old Carey v St Kevins
Mazenod v Old Haileybury
Old Melburnians
v Old Ivanhoe
University Blues v Caulfield Grammerians

For what it's worth it appears I was wrong with the early Uni Blues v Carey GF, SKOB seemed to be smashing teams this year which hasn't happened in the past few seasons when they have been around the mark. Is this finally their year? How did they look Max?
I think you were probably right. Relegated teams have best chance of promotion and it is a big jump from C to B. Uni Blues and OC definite finalists. SKOBs likely . Fitzroy looking good but watch the OMs climb from now.

14_07_b.gif

Fitzroy v Old Ivanhoe
AJAX v University Blues
Caulfield Grammerians
v Old Melburnians
Old Haileybury v Old Carey
St Kevins
v Mazenod

Went to see OM v Caulfield Grammarians. CG were clear favourites with OM struggling with injuries. Could not believe how badly CG played. OM's dominated across the ground. Did hear that winter travel season will affect the OM's over the next 5 rounds. Interesting results with bottom 3 all winning. Premier B will be exciting until the last round. Lets hope OX start winning as they would be a huge challenge for Premier B teams. Uni Blues clearly the pick for promotion at this stage. Carey and SKOBs are beatable but next in line. The rest will win and lose depending on availability and injury. Fitzroy probably safe from relegation but the rest fighting for finals or the drop.

Had the Mazenod upset. Never seen a goalkicking performance like the one St. Kevins managed. At one point they kicked 16 straight goals without a miss.
Although it's still relatively early days as far as the season goes, it would be disappointing for all Premier B teams if the two relegated clubs were to jump straight back into Prem A. it would demonstrate a real gulf between the two divisions. While Uni Blues were unlucky to be relegated, Carey really struggled last year. The fact that they are 6-2 shows that clubs like AJAX, OM's and OH are just treading water and are a LONG way off being anywhere near A grade quality.

The top 4 teams in Premier have all been in B in the last 4 years.
Regarding Carey, they had so many injuries last year, even their runners and water boys couldn't get on the park.
The year before they were more than competitive in A.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The top 4 teams in Premier have all been in B in the last 4 years.
Regarding Carey, they had so many injuries last year, even their runners and water boys couldn't get on the park.
The year before they were more than competitive in A.

Carey were the perfect example of what a lack of depth means in A grade. They were a top B grade side, yet never played finals in a grade even with 4-5 of the best players in the comp (guys like Rowe, Howat, Mcqueen-Miscamble, Peterson, Yze x2, Crozier etc). It's not your top 6 that wins A grade football, its your bottom 6 (and still having a reasonable run with injuries i will admit). Your top players can carry you more as you move down the divisions.

The current top 4 in A grade have all worked hard on their depth, and you can see it in their reserves and the quality of player that comes in through injury. It's harder to expose a weak link in these teams than it was previously. OT may be an exception in terms of reserves, but they have always had top quality amongst their top 25 or so players, hence why they have always floated between A and B constantly.

Round 9.
Mazenod v Caulfield Grammerians
Old Ivanhoe v Old Haileybury
AJAX v Old Carey
Old Melburnians
v Fitzroy
University Blues v St Kevins

This week.
Fitzroy - University Blues
Mazenod
- Old Ivanhoe
Caulfield Grammerians - AJAX
Old Melburnians - Old Carey
Old Haileybury - St Kevins

Beat the crap out of us.
Three red cards didn't help.
Water boy got a red for failing to give an umpire a drink during the game???
Our only positive light is that our Two's are going ok.
Big game this week against OM's.

Max

Speaking of which:

Maxy, 3 reported players

Joel Macdonald - Old Ivanhoe
Matthew Murray - Old Ivanhoe
Rob Davidson - Old Ivanhoe

and all three didn't even play in last year's Granny v Mazenod - so can't say it was a square up.

Very even division. Watched OM's dismantle Old Carey at weekend. Neither side would be competitive in A. Blues are obvious promotion candidates and I feel Skevies are the only other team to have a chance of sustained success due to their depth in A. Have watched all sides except OI this year and have no ides how the ladder will finish. I follow OM's but concerned about departures over next few weeks . Imagine this happens at most clubs .

Very even division. Watched OM's dismantle Old Carey at weekend. Neither side would be competitive in A. Blues are obvious promotion candidates and I feel Skevies are the only other team to have a chance of sustained success due to their depth in A. Have watched all sides except OI this year and have no ides how the ladder will finish. I follow OM's but concerned about departures over next few weeks . Imagine this happens at most clubs .

For what it's worth I am still trying to work out how Uni Blues were relegated last season? Clearly head and shoulders above the pack and in the wrong section. The race for finals and relegation is very interesting.
The big moves are always made in July so we will wait and see but I did notice a Mr.Kavanagh line up for Mazenod on the weekend. That has to help their battle to stay in B and make the Bloods a bit nervy.

Speaking of which:

Maxy, 3 reported players

Joel Macdonald - Old Ivanhoe
Matthew Murray - Old Ivanhoe
Rob Davidson - Old Ivanhoe

and all three didn't even play in last year's Granny v Mazenod - so can't say it was a square up.

Nothing to square up on. All games last year were played in good spirits, especially when you win the GF.

This makes 7 reports in the last 5 weeks. Not good enough.

Club had approx 2 reports over the previous 7 years,a nd one of those reports was for pushing a player over.

Of the previous 4 reports. 2 were thrown out, and we effectively received an apology for these incorrect reports.
Good chance that 1 of the 3 will be again thrown out. The other two were not serious and may come down to the strength of the evidence.

The charges that have been dropped before the tribunal were all front on contact reports.

Big issue, when you lose a player for the 12 minutes then the case is tossed. Not sure if there is a better solution than the card system.

Max "Fingers Crossed" Leader

Nothing to square up on. All games last year were played in good spirits, especially when you win the GF.

This makes 7 reports in the last 5 weeks. Not good enough.

Club had approx 2 reports over the previous 7 years,a nd one of those reports was for pushing a player over.

Of the previous 4 reports. 2 were thrown out, and we effectively received an apology for these incorrect reports.
Good chance that 1 of the 3 will be again thrown out. The other two were not serious and may come down to the strength of the evidence.

The charges that have been dropped before the tribunal were all front on contact reports.

Big issue, when you lose a player for the 12 minutes then the case is tossed. Not sure if there is a better solution than the card system.

Dear Maxwell

No doubt you would be happy to see that the VAFA, without any club consultation, has decided to shell out an additional $25,000.00 of club money this weekend to double the umpires pay! Average of $100 per game for the average 250 umpires each week!

THE EYE

:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back