Premier B - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The operative words are "at this very early juncture" Freebaser.

I'd really like to see the Roys boys make it to Premier. Not only for the sentimentality of seeing the old Fitzroy jumper at the pinnacle of out comp but just liked the workman like way they went about doing SKOBS in round one. No stars to speak of just everyone having a dip.

The operative words are "at this very early juncture" Freebaser.

I'd really like to see the Roys boys make it to Premier. Not only for the sentimentality of seeing the old Fitzroy jumper at the pinnacle of out comp but just liked the workman like way they went about doing SKOBS in round one. No stars to speak of just everyone having a dip.
Try beating Haileybury before talking about 'A' grade. Let's not get ahead of ourselves, even for sentimental value.

Try beating Haileybury before talking about 'A' grade. Let's not get ahead of ourselves, even for sentimental value.
Um! Re-read my post. Think that was my point.

The remainder of the post was merely a bit of sentimental navel gazing. They are yet to be beaten though.:p

so at this very early juncture it appears we have

uni blues

ajax

st kevins(in no order- these five are grouped)
old carey
fitzroy
caulfield
old haileybury

OI
Mazenod

OM

looks a fairly even comp. Obviously teams will change, there will be injuries and returning players

but

Will anyone catch Blues?

Is Ajax the early favourite for promotion.

Can either of the bottom three bridge the gap to the next five?
OM's are a good side, will win 9 or 10 games this year easily.

Last round was a marked improvement on the first week so hopefully can keep it going:

Old Carey v Old Melburnians
Old Ivanhoe v Mazenod
Caulfield Grammerians vs St Kevins
University Blues
vs Fitzroy
Old Haileybury v AJAX

Last round was a marked improvement on the first week so hopefully can keep it going:

Old Carey v Old Melburnians
Old Ivanhoe v Mazenod
Caulfield Grammerians vs St Kevins
University Blues
vs Fitzroy
Old Haileybury v AJAX
Was at the Uni main to see the blues in flight on Saturday. Probably the most impressive B grade I've seen in the past 5 years.

Agree with the above that the first couple of weeks are showing us that one spot for promotion appears to have been claimed already.

Round 4.
Fitzroy v Old Carey
Mazenod vs Old Melburnians
Old Ivanhoe v University Blues
AJAX
v Caukfield Grammerians
St Kevins v Old Haileybury

Saw Carey Reds today. All I can say is Reds crowd and players are as bogan as I have seen for a while. What's with the crowd having open slabs of beer all around the ground drinking all day. No attempt to be discreet. Pathetic!

Saw Carey Reds today. All I can say is Reds crowd and players are as bogan as I have seen for a while. What's with the crowd having open slabs of beer all around the ground drinking all day. No attempt to be discreet. Pathetic!
I was there too, and have to say i actually really liked the community atmosphere and was impressed with the size of the crowd on such a cold wet day. There were quite a few families with young children watching(many appeared to be neutral locals), and even a tourist taking photos of the coaches boards!! I did notice the slabs but their was no harm done. I do agree with dawinderwin- St Bernards take the cake on this one, at least from the teams i have seen

Wow, pretty quiet on here:

Round 5.
Fitzroy v Caulfield Grammerians
Old Carey v Old Ivanhoe
Old Melburnians v Old Haileybury
University Blues
v Mazenod
St Kevins v AJAX

Wow, pretty quiet on here:

Round 5.
Fitzroy v Caulfield Grammerians
Old Carey v Old Ivanhoe
Old Melburnians v Old Haileybury
University Blues
v Mazenod
St Kevins v AJAX

Panthers good today except for a very poor 2nd quarter. Nice mix around the ground. Helped by some VFL players.

Can someone explain the attraction of playing VFL 2nds?? l don't see the point when you are 21 or 22 and and playing VFL 2nds when you have your Ammo or EFL club playing A or B or Div 1 and your mates are at that Club. I think the AFL Draft has passed you by at that point. Am l right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bogans and beer sort of go hand in hand. What no bogans south of the Yarra?? Go Redroys

a few green demons while watching the footy has never hurt anyone. theres no ill alcohol related behaviour so theres nothing to get silly about

a few green demons while watching the footy has never hurt anyone. theres no ill alcohol related behaviour so theres nothing to get silly about

I have been told that Brunswick St Oval is considered open public space, so the club can do little to stop people from coming and having a beer while watching the footy. I believe the only part they have control of is the grand stand and the area below it.

Big week at Pine Lodge this week.

The teams will be playing for the Dyson/Hart Cup.

OIGFC is celebrating the 20 year anniversary of the 1994 OIGFC Grand Final victory over St.Kevins

Afternoon lunch will be spectacular, just for Brian S.

Max "Stretcher Bearer" Leader

Big week at Pine Lodge this week.

The teams will be playing for the Dyson/Hart Cup.

OIGFC is celebrating the 20 year anniversary of the 1994 OIGFC Grand Final victory over St.Kevins

Afternoon lunch will be spectacular, just for Brian S.

Max "Stretcher Bearer" Leader

Guest speaker Maxie? Blues had Gillon and Caro last week. Can you top them?:)

Round 6.
Mazenod v Fitzroy
Old Ivanhoe v St Kevins
AJAX
v Old Melburnians
Caulfield Grammerians v Old Carey
Old Haileybury v University Blues

Guest speaker Maxie? Blues had Gillon and Caro last week. Can you top them?:)
The Panthers get some pretty good lunch speakers, this year Peter Knights, Mike Fitzpatrick, Robbie Flower. In the past have had Evans Bomber President, Newbould Hawks President, John Elliott is a regular, Jack Jones 7 Grand FInals for Bombers, Ken Hands Blues Legend, Tiffany Cherry, James Tomkins and many more. Good fund raiser for the club and a great way to start the day. I think Dipper is scheduled and a couple of Journos to come

The Panthers get some pretty good lunch speakers, this year Peter Knights, Mike Fitzpatrick, Robbie Flower. In the past have had Evans Bomber President, Newbould Hawks President, John Elliott is a regular, Jack Jones 7 Grand FInals for Bombers, Ken Hands Blues Legend, Tiffany Cherry, James Tomkins and many more. Good fund raiser for the club and a great way to start the day. I think Dipper is scheduled and a couple of Journos to come

Still recovering from Week One's speaker Sam Keka. Had to stuff foof in his mouth to stop him talking. Value for money.

Still recovering from Week One's speaker Sam Keka. Had to stuff foof in his mouth to stop him talking. Value for money.
For what it's worth it appears I was wrong with the early Uni Blues v Carey GF, SKOB seemed to be smashing teams this year which hasn't happened in the past few seasons when they have been around the mark. Is this finally their year? How did they look Max?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back