C Section Premier C 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all

Season 2016...IMO there was nothing between Mazenod and Caulfield and then Peninsla were the third best side.....but in the finals Caulfield were overrun by the bigger bodies .

Season 2017...I think we recruited well with some size but we have lost a couple of them to season ending injuries...however our young guys are will have learnt from last year and have another season under the belt..

I think OH and Caulfield are very close...OH have their VFL players in and that makes a huge difference.

But I think there's a reasonable gap to third ....so even if it doesn't go our way today I am confident of our chances next week

Good luck 2411....hope your still in it next week

Cheers

Wow weee.

OH have the worst forming coming into the 2015 and 2017 finals series and then goes bang in the finals.

Caul will be very nervous next week.

We were better than Peninsula last year, but they played very well in the 1st Semi. Just for the record.

Max "Northern Football division 3 GF was as good as any premier C football" Leader

Wow weee.

OH have the worst forming coming into the 2015 and 2017 finals series and then goes bang in the finals.

Caul will be very nervous next week.

We were better than Peninsula last year, but they played very well in the 1st Semi. Just for the record.

Max "Northern Football division 3 GF was as good as any premier C football" Leader
Agree Max, The standard of C grade has dropped dramatically since around 2013. But I think A grade and the top sector of B grade has risen, Cream rising to the top I guess.

How goods footy

Agree Max, The standard of C grade has dropped dramatically since around 2013. But I think A grade and the top sector of B grade has risen, Cream rising to the top I guess.

How goods footy
Top 4 from 2013 would account for Premier C comfortably. (IMO)

Footy is always great

Well Fellas

As they say in the classics, all good things must come to an end.

After seven consecutive finals losses, the boys down at Marcellin have managed to win one.

Beginning with a 1 point loss to Mazenod in 2012, the streak included three consecutive straight sets exits in 2013, 2014 and 2015. I'm sure you all had your own favourites, but 2015 after barely being headed all year in the regular season was particularly memorable.

Congrats to Jarrod and the boys on a big win today. Reckon they're a big chance to inflict the start of a new streak on Scruff's mob next weekend honestly, but we shall see.

Can't wait for Haileybury to win another flag then get instantly relegated when they lose their VFL players for the regular season.

Can't believe the VAFA would allow the Finals to be played at Sportscover Arena while construction work is continuing with the new pavilion. Surely the VAFA could've moved all Finals to either Casey Field, Trevor Barker Oval, or Punt Road Oval, Richmond.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can't believe the VAFA would allow the Finals to be played at Sportscover Arena while construction work is continuing with the new pavilion. Surely the VAFA could've moved all Finals to either Casey Field, Trevor Barker Oval, or Punt Road Oval, Richmond.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well ring headquarters and they will take your advice. Have a look at their website and it tells you what grounds are out.

Marcellin too good, jumped them in the first and it was all over by half time,
Willy had a crack in the second half and will be better for the experience

Scruff I ventured out to Casey Fields on Saturday and watched Haileybury strangle Caulfields run and carry, not sure of the game plan but played into Haileyburys hands

Caulfield will need to regroup fast as Marcellin are on a roll and with confidence could see them meeting Haileybury in a fortnight

GF Haileybury
B&F #5 Shakallis Haileybury

See you all next year

Dear oh dear Caulfield :eek: Who are these magical Haileybury VFL players? OH looked no where near it in the two games we played them and I was sure Caulfield were too far ahead of everyone. Congrats to Haileybury, though, as their players, coaches and staff were all class in the two games against us this year and clearly they know how to get it done in September.

Well done to Marcellin, too. Caulfield have their measure as I believe they had two big wins against them this season, however anything can happen in finals. I'll tip the 'Fields as I still believe they are the best team in the comp, but after last years finals efforts and the result on the weekend who knows. Maybe Jase's (was it Jase?) prediction of Marcellin making the Grand Final wasn't so far fetched!

Well after 2 days of getting a grip and regrouping it's now settled in and the game can be summed up in a few words.

1. Intensity. OH brought it and Caulfield didn't
2. Pressure. OH we're relentless on the ground around the footy. Their Captain murdered our midfield in the slippery conditions .
3. Opportunity. Zebra Corey Rich kicked 3 and showed his class our FF kicked 5 points from 5 set shots.
4. Poise . Caulfield turned the ball over time and time again under OH pressure.

In Summary OH we're too good on the day and deserved to win.

Our team will have some forced changes this week. Hopefully we learn from sat .

Win or Lose jascave is a genius.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow. Tim Nixon form Caulfield polls the most votes but misses out on the Prem C Band F because of ineligibility.

Congrats to the winner and 2nd place.

Will Barker after finishing runner up last year finished 3rd after playing injured in a forward pocket and missing games for the second half of the year .

Hopefully the Fields get over the line sat and get the opportunity to take on B next year

Please Explain

So Mitch Hoog puts out his Team of the year today.

The B and F Winner not in it.Has this ever happened before ?

The Highest vote getter not in it. Nixon has had a big year and that showed in his vote tally

Third placed legit B and F not in it.OK excusable

Due respect to all the worthy inductees and congrats to all

But I think he needs to get out more.

And

This is the final proof that Mr Bedford is not Mitch Hoog because this could not have happened in a Bedford Team of the year.

Off to Coburg

Please Explain

So Mitch Hoog puts out his Team of the year today.

The B and F Winner not in it.Has this ever happened before ?

The Highest vote getter not in it. Nixon has had a big year and that showed in his vote tally

Third placed legit B and F not in it.OK excusable

Due respect to all the worthy inductees and congrats to all

But I think he needs to get out more.

And

This is the final proof that Mr Bedford is not Mitch Hoog because this could not have happened in a Bedford Team of the year.

Off to Coburg
Please don't put me in his league, I think he's in the D1 TOTY

Cheer Cheer the blue and the white.......

Well the monkey is off the back and Caulfield were back to there best today dominating 70% of the game. Marcellin came out hard early and it was fast and furious but Caulfields class prevailed storming home by a pretty big margin in the end. The gap between the first two and the rest which we all new was there was shown today in the end.

So the aim of the season Prem B has been realised and a win next week will be a bonus. Hopefully we get to play on a good surface like today a Coburg.

The most pleasing thing today was the even effort across the ground . No real stand outs but contributions all over.

The Scruff is chuffed and we look forward to having a crack against OH in the big one this week and with some difficult selections with a couple back in the mix.....

Cheer Cheer the blue and the white.......

Well the monkey is off the back and Caulfield were back to there best today dominating 70% of the game. Marcellin came out hard early and it was fast and furious but Caulfields class prevailed storming home by a pretty big margin in the end. The gap between the first two and the rest which we all new was there was shown today in the end.

So the aim of the season Prem B has been realised and a win next week will be a bonus. Hopefully we get to play on a good surface like today a Coburg.

The most pleasing thing today was the even effort across the ground . No real stand outs but contributions all over.

The Scruff is chuffed and we look forward to having a crack against OH in the big one this week and with some difficult selections with a couple back in the mix.....

Congrats Scruff, but a Premiership is a bonus? I don't what tap you drink from, but I've only ever played the game to win premierships with promotion being a bonus - or consolation if unsuccessful on the big day.

Congrats Scruff, but a Premiership is a bonus? I don't what tap you drink from, but I've only ever played the game to win premierships with promotion being a bonus - or consolation if unsuccessful on the big day.
Agreed. Let's not beat around the bush, losing a grand final is a horrible feeling. Just ask St Mary's Salesian. St Mary's Salesian might be going up to Premier C but I'd almost take a prelim final loss and another year in a lower division than copping a grand final loss.

H
Agreed. Let's not beat around the bush, losing a grand final is a horrible feeling. Just ask St Mary's Salesian. St Mary's Salesian might be going up to Premier C but I'd almost take a prelim final loss and another year in a lower division than copping a grand final loss.

Gents I hear what you are saying, but after last year and the semi loss , it was all about Prem B. That's not to say that they will be very disappointed to lose the GF if they do. But the Club set clear goals for this year and N# 1 was Prem B.

Cheers

H

Gents I hear what you are saying, but after last year and the semi loss , it was all about Prem B. That's not to say that they will be very disappointed to lose the GF if they do. But the Club set clear goals for this year and N# 1 was Prem B.

Cheers

I'm not sure I've heard anything worse than someone more content with promotion than winning a premiership.

I'm not sure I've heard anything worse than someone more content with promotion than winning a premiership.

In the VAFA (where the grand finalists both get promoted) there's the first target for each club, which is making finals, then making the grand final (which means promotion), then winning a flag.

Clubs want to get promoted year on year if they can, and if they win flags in the process, then that's great.

I'm sure any club would prefer to be a runner up in 2017, and stay up in the higher grade 2018 as opposed to winning a flag in 2017, the getting relegated in back down in 2018.

Hence I'd value the promotion at 80% of the season aim, and the flag that extra 20% on top.

In the VAFA (where the grand finalists both get promoted) there's the first target for each club, which is making finals, then making the grand final (which means promotion), then winning a flag.

Clubs want to get promoted year on year if they can, and if they win flags in the process, then that's great.

I'm sure any club would prefer to be a runner up in 2017, and stay up in the higher grade 2018 as opposed to winning a flag in 2017, the getting relegated in back down in 2018.

Hence I'd value the promotion at 80% of the season aim, and the flag that extra 20% on top.
Hedgefund. Thank you for your comments which reflect my point precisely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back