C Section Premier C - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’ll say one thing and that your loyal , don’t understand after what happened to your mates .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The handling of some matters post-season was inconsiderate. Some would say ham fisted. I reckon even those who made the changes would say they could have handled things better.

The dust has settled and, from the outside, it appears things are on the up. Continuing your bellyaching is unhelpful, even tedious.

The handling of some matters post-season was inconsiderate. Some would say ham fisted. I reckon even those who made the changes would say they could have handled things better.

The dust has settled and, from the outside, it appears things are on the up. Continuing your bellyaching is unhelpful, even tedious.

Unhelpful to who ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Roughie to the Monders??

Re Garlett. I'm guessing that Mr Hat will have C.Cd' Mr Olo asking why he isn't off to AFL/SKOB. Seems the natural rite of passage for all AFL retirees directly to T.H. King is being threatened these days. Perhaps Garlett isn't managed by Pickers.;)

Know for a fact that Jeff Garlett is currently weighing up between Old Ivanhoe GFC and an Oven -Murray club, with the OM team currently with the edge but only because of the money (10k sign on and 1600 a game, according to Jeff himself).

Know for a fact that Jeff Garlett is currently weighing up between Old Ivanhoe GFC and an Oven -Murray club, with the OM team currently with the edge but only because of the money (10k sign on and 1600 a game, according to Jeff himself).
How much has Max's crowd stumped up?

A "Just Joking, Max" M

How much has Max's crowd stumped up?

A "Just Joking, Max" M

I think the main issue is that Old Ivanhoe have offered no cash or up front, one of the former players who had Melbourne ties got him to a lunch and as a naturally shy guy has chosen not to shop himself but limit it to the two clubs that he has a personal connection to through former players.
Not 100% sure though in regards to OIGFC, but very strong on the OM team offer to him.

I think the main issue is that Old Ivanhoe have offered no cash or up front, one of the former players who had Melbourne ties got him to a lunch and as a naturally shy guy has chosen not to shop himself but limit it to the two clubs that he has a personal connection to through former players.
Not 100% sure though in regards to OIGFC, but very strong on the OM team offer to him.
Frankly, turning down the suggested "10k sign on and 1600 a game" to play "C" grade park football apparently FTLOTG would be hard to fathom and lead to lots of speculation hereabouts.

Frankly, turning down the suggested "10k sign on and 1600 a game" to play "C" grade park football apparently FTLOTG would be hard to fathom and lead to lots of speculation hereabouts.

I think the desire to be closer to his son in Warnambool makes him unsure of the OM move, particularly as he doesn't drive or hold a license (having said that, I'm sure the OM club will have a solution).
Other clubs have approached him, particularly after running around in AFL NT the last few weeks but he is a different cut to most and not super keen on making hard decisions.
I think OM club will get him though, unless he has a small fortune saved from his footy days, that's seriously good cash.

What a load of Bullcrap.

Its OK if he took an A Grade offer.

I have some idea of what we are trying to put inplace. I know what I'd be taking. If you dont play you dont get paid. Travelling 4 hours there plus 4 hours back. If you play one season, you dont get much and your choice is short sited.

In C Grade we play on some of the best grounds. Marcellin, Monash Mazenod and of course Chelsworth. So its not that bad.

Max "Job for life" Leader

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a load of Bullcrap.

I have some idea of what we are trying to put inplace. I know what I'd be taking. If you dont play you dont get paid. Travelling 4 hours there plus 4 hours back. If you play one season, you dont get much and your choice is short sited.

In C Grade we play on some of the best grounds. Marcellin, Monash Mazenod and of course Chelsworth. So its not that bad.

You seem unusually troubled by my post, there Maxie. Peeved even.

Merely stating the obvious, I would have thought. Someone of his talent foregoing the suggested sum in order to play third division amateur football is bound to raise some eyebrows. That's just stating the bleeding obvious, whether there are any grounds for the raised eyebrows or not.

Like it or not Maxwell there are light years of difference between the standard of football in Prem 'A' and Prem 'C'

A "Hopes OI get Garlett so Max can settle" M

What a load of Bullcrap.

The Gunn has a good surface these days Max (didn't go there this year)Leader

You seem unusually troubled by my post, there Maxie. Peeved even.

Merely stating the obvious, I would have thought. Someone of his talent foregoing the suggested sum in order to play third division amateur football is bound to raise some eyebrows. That's just stating the bleeding obvious, whether there are any grounds for the raised eyebrows or not.

Like it or not Maxwell there are light years of difference between the standard of football in Prem 'A' and Prem 'C'

A "Hopes OI get Garlett so Max can settle" M
So we shouldn’t behave or think like an A Grade team. Are they the only ones who can approach ex AFL footballers.

So go and play OM and get approx $40k or get a “job for life” and get the same money or more, plus no real travelling. No eyebrows raised here.

Carl is back, fit and firing.

Max “think big, win big” Leader

So we shouldn’t behave or think like an A Grade team. Are they the only ones who can approach ex AFL footballers.

So go and play OM and get approx $40k or get a “job for life” and get the same money or more, plus no real travelling. No eyebrows raised here.

Carl is back, fit and firing.

Max “think big, win big” Leader
My dear Maxwell,

Of course you should set your sights high. However, it's not unusual for eyebrows to be raised when players capable of big earns choose not to take that road. Our board thrives on it.

Perhaps more so when the player is prime real estate - to coin a phrase - and who chooses a standard of football waaaay below that of which he's capable.

Oh, and in this day and age there is no such thing as a "job for life"

A "Hopes Santa brightens Maxie up" M

On another note – if true that country clubs are prepared to offer a 10k sign on and $1600 a game to player who reportedly will require transport backwards and forwards on match day and for reasons of geography is unlikely to train with them demonstrates everything that is wrong with country footy. We are not talking about a recently retired superstar here but rather a player who managed 7 senior games last season with a club that finished 2nd last.

Hope he decides to play for the hoers. Sets himself up for life after footy with a good club playing on good grounds in a comp that is (generally) free of abuse and racial slurs.

On another note – if true that country clubs are prepared to offer a 10k sign on and $1600 a game to player who reportedly will require transport backwards and forwards on match day and for reasons of geography is unlikely to train with them demonstrates everything that is wrong with country footy. We are not talking about a recently retired superstar here but rather a player who managed 7 senior games last season with a club that finished 2nd last.

Hope he decides to play for the hoers. Sets himself up for life after footy with a good club playing on good grounds in a comp that is (generally) free of abuse and racial slurs.

Couldn't agree more with this statement

Now JJ! I have enormous respect for your posting here, but really! Think you suffer from a malady quite common on this board called Ammo-amour ie a blind love for amateur footy.

(1) There wouldn't be a club that uses fly-ins that doesn't cover transport costs. I'm not only referring to clubs in the bigger comps either. I know of clubs in the Ovens & King who do it.

Garlett could get $3000 a game and not have to travel far from the metro area to get it. Perhaps even get a limousine to-and-from the ground on match days. ;)

(2) Garlett is no chump and would cut a swath through the 'C' division. Running off half back, where Maxie had him pencilled in.

(3) "Sets himself up for life" C'mon JJ. You could count the number of players who have set themselves up for life due to being connected to an ammo club on the fingers of one hand and have some over. Nor are the ammos the only comp where connections are established. Candidly, if I was a young player looking for an employment/networking bunk-up I'd be heading for somewhere like the Sorrento Sharks. A game day luncheon there is a who's who of Melbourne top movers-n-shakers. Scotty Palmer is a top host too.

(4) Haven't heard any racial slurs at any comp I've attended for yonks. Those days are long gone.

(5) Even though Maxwell has taken quite an exception to my earlier post (some might even suggest gross overreaction), in which I was really doing little more than stating the bleeding obvious, I too had hoped the Hoes could land him. Disappointing if they haven't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back