A Section Premier section 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Mr Platinum

Team Captain
Mar 25, 2022
AFL Club
GWS
Welcome to Old Haileybury and De La, goodbye to the gallant Fitzroy and OM’s.

2025 will be the best year yet, hopefully Mike Olotripo will give us his weekly biased Lions reports and God Yeah will pump up De La, along with Jimmyjack!

Two Uni teams
Four Catholic teams
Six APS teams
Two ACC teams

But only ten teams total 😊

Welcome to Old Haileybury and De La, goodbye to the gallant Fitzroy and OM’s.

2025 will be the best year yet, hopefully Mike Olotripo will give us his weekly biased Lions reports and God Yeah will pump up De La, along with Jimmyjack!

Two Uni teams
Four Catholic teams
Six APS teams
Two ACC teams

But only ten teams total 😊
I posted this on another board in response to a comment regarding 2 up – 2 down so will repeat that here. I know I am in the minority but I disagree with 2 up 2 down, at least in the Premier grades. If I had more time I would provide the evidence to support the argument but recent history suggests runners up (and often the Premiers) regularly get related within a season or two. Always exceptions (SKOB B grade Premiers 2015, A grade Premiers 2017) but the majority find the going really tough, often to the detriment of the club and playing group. Fair enough for the divisional grades as it provides an opportunity to move up through the ranks but personally I hate the idea of losing a GF and being promoted.

In regard to the B Grade GF - not surprised but the result but shocked by the margin. OH loaded with talent and were red hot. Just far too good on the day. DLS had a shocker and never fired a shot. Will have some organic improvement with a young list but unless they can recruit substantially I fear 2025 will be a very challenging for the club. If OH can put that side on the park each week they will be more than competitive. Issue for them is the high number of VFL listed players and if they are missing they just don’t have the depth to cover. Stars aligned for them this year with availability but that can change.

Remove this Banner Ad

A Section Premier section 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back