Training Preseason 2022/23 Talk & Media/Social Media etc.

Which of these players do you think will be selected in the Crows' Round 1 team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

But looked great against a bunch of kids in his junior year.

The step up to AFL is a massive one, especially mentally and I think you need a bit of personality, character and god forbid arrogance, to actually transition well to the mens game.
Bunch of kids?..

I seem to recall Chayce was actually playing league football, in Tassies top league, against grown men and doing very well in his draft year…

I could have my wires crossed and be mistaking him for another player though…

Mutineer would be the one to ask to confirm..

Maybe it was that Oliver kid from Tassie that came and played for us that I’m thinking of..

Did he run out of puff, or was that the previous year?
That was the year before where he started the season well but faded out towards the end. Some people chalked it up to fitness but I think it's less about that and more likely that opposition teams just started putting more effort into stopping him.

Bunch of kids?..

I seem to recall Chayce was actually playing league football, in Tassies top league, against grown men and doing very well in his draft year…

Maybe it was that Oliver kid from Tassie that came and played for us that I’m thinking of..
just checked..

Jones definitely played in the big boys league in Tas in his draft year.

“The midfielder played seven senior games for Launceston in the Tasmanian State League, under the guidance of former AFL player Sam Lonergan.”

Before an ankle injury cut his season short..

Geez… That Fox article talked him up..

just checked..

Jones definitely played in the big boys league in Tas in his draft year.

“The midfielder played seven senior games for Launceston in the Tasmanian State League, under the guidance of former AFL player Sam Lonergan.”

Before an ankle injury cut his season short..

Geez… That Fox article talked him up..
Maybe Cripps set it up

I don't really get how Sholl found himself so horribly out of favour with the coaches. He's produced more quality AFL footy than most of our younger brigade. I guess he is a bit soft and that doesn't mesh well with Nick's style. Still, I'm a bit surprised nobody offered a trade.
It correlated with him falling horribly out of form. He lacked the same running power and lacked any hurt factor with his touches, which is normally his strength.

From what I heard in the Sanfl, he didn't exactly pick up from that standard.

Was it 2022 or 2021 where he came out and said he was burnt out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So did McAsey, some people just don't translate, he's not the first and he wont be the last.
Mcasey is capable of more than what he produced in the last 2 years. He just didn't wanna be here. He is slow though and that's a major weakness in afl.

It correlated with him falling horribly out of form. He lacked the same running power and lacked any hurt factor with his touches, which is normally his strength.

From what I heard in the Sanfl, he didn't exactly pick up from that standard.

Was it 2022 or 2021 where he came out and said he was burnt out?
It was late 2021 and I thought he looked burned out at the time but when he spent most of the next year in the magoos, I accepted it's probably not a fitness issue or at least there's more to it than just that.

Wish they would do something for the fans after work not in the middle of the day.

Adelaide fans are invited to watch the Crows players train at an open training session at Richmond Oval on Wednesday morning.

Fans will also have the opportunity to meet the players, grab some autographs and take photos with the team after the training session.

Richmond Oval Open Training

Wednesday 18 January 2023
9am - 11:30am
Richmond Oval

Bunch of kids?..

Yeah i think he did, I remember him laying a few tackles against the men.

But where he looked great was playing against kids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Preseason 2022/23 Talk & Media/Social Media etc.

Back