Training Preseason 2022/23 Talk & Media/Social Media etc.

Which of these players do you think will be selected in the Crows' Round 1 team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bunch of kids?..

I seem to recall Chayce was actually playing league football, in Tassies top league, against grown men and doing very well in his draft year…

I could have my wires crossed and be mistaking him for another player though…

Mutineer would be the one to ask to confirm..

Maybe it was that Oliver kid from Tassie that came and played for us that I’m thinking of..
Yep senior finals TSL and played well

Also was a best on ground against vic country v allies game which was a high standard game

Yep senior finals TSL and played well

Also was a best on ground against vic country v allies game which was a high standard game
Runner up in the TSL Seniors Player of the Year off of only a handfull of games and if the selectors were fair dinkum he makes the TSL team of the year...

Capture.PNG

Launceston draft prospect Chayce Jones was the form player for the final five rounds of the season and produced some of the league’s most blistering footy. The selection panel strongly considered picking the brilliant Jones but a handful of games was considered not enough to see him selected. Clarence skipper Brady Jones was also on the verge of selection but couldn’t quite squeeze into the 22 despite a reliable and consistent season across half back and in the middle.

Runner up in the TSL Seniors Player of the Year off of only a handfull of games and if the selectors were fair dinkum he makes the TSL team of the year...

View attachment 1588150

Launceston draft prospect Chayce Jones was the form player for the final five rounds of the season and produced some of the league’s most blistering footy. The selection panel strongly considered picking the brilliant Jones but a handful of games was considered not enough to see him selected. Clarence skipper Brady Jones was also on the verge of selection but couldn’t quite squeeze into the 22 despite a reliable and consistent season across half back and in the middle.
This coupled with his “draft notes” profile does make it clear why we picked him..

The lad had “gun in the making” written all over him according to nearly all of the AFL draft “experts”.

To be dominating as an underager in a mens league is a pretty good achievement..

If he was an SA lad doing the same in the SANFL in his draft year Adelaide’s Bigfooty board would’ve been rating him as much as we did Horne Francis.

I’m not arguing McHenry is any good, but his traits can be fixed.
But you can’t teach someone to find the footy.
Jones looks as comfortable as Karmichael Hunt did.
No he doesn't he goes hard at it, and what he does is good. mostly very good

he doesn't get enough cod thats his main issue

No he doesn't he goes hard at it, and what he does is good. mostly very good

he doesn't get enough cod thats his main issue
No it’s not, it’s a myth, have a look at his disposal efficiency, kicking efficiency, tackles, spoils and 1 %ers all below average, along with most of his other stats, but they, as you say are related to being able to find the footy.

No it’s not, it’s a myth, have a look at his disposal efficiency, kicking efficiency, tackles, spoils and 1 %ers all below average, along with most of his other stats, but they, as you say are related to being able to find the footy.
Youre just looking at stats. do you even go to the games? do you even watch the games? again, how many games did you watch in person at the ground in 2022?

Youre just looking at stats. do you even go to the games? do you even watch the games? again, how many games did you watch in person at the ground in 2022?
Yes I’ve seen enough and the stats back me up.
What have you got?
How many games did you go to living in Melbourne?
I notice you didn’t reply to the bnf votes post.
Let me guess you know better than them.

Has he ever played on a wing in his junior years mate?
Played mostly as a running back with some stints in the midfield and up forward in the games I watched, speed, agility and a penetrating short pass that rarely missed the mark...surprisingly good overhead with a good springy leap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well you see, you came on here, posted an absolute lie to help garner support for your ideology, flog behaviour.

Then complain about being called a flog.

You big sook. Imagine if someone made something up about you and your work colleagues being very upset with you, how would you feel?
You legit know nothing about my ideology other than I think that Peterson is a has-been idiot. I didn't lie, I said I heard (which I did), I never said I heard from the club or any secret source, that was your mate reading into it and deciding thats what I said. Your mate said that he was glad that none of the players were in the "woke mob" because nothing had been widely reported saying such, I said I heard otherwise, that's it.

Yes I’ve seen enough and the stats back me up.
What have you got?
How many games did you go to living in Melbourne?
I notice you didn’t reply to the bnf votes post.
Let me guess you know better than them.
I get over to adelaide for most games and all in vic

I agree stats have a place but they can also white lie

I don't really get how Sholl found himself so horribly out of favour with the coaches. He's produced more quality AFL footy than most of our younger brigade. I guess he is a bit soft and that doesn't mesh well with Nick's style. Still, I'm a bit surprised nobody offered a trade.
Which started rumours he had requested a trade home, which was why we were not playing him... which is just stupid on all fronts.

Should be playing AFL... but I would strategically rest him for games as we run him into the ground... then overlook him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Preseason 2022/23 Talk & Media/Social Media etc.

Back