Training Preseason chat 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

I fookin love Redden

Last clip on the highlights is Chesser trying to walk through him and you could be forgiven for thinking he'd let him go. Pre season game with no sting in it and coming off a shoulder op. But he thinks fk this no young bull is beating me and brings the campaigner to ground.

Ironic isn't it. We recognised our weakness and brought in 2 mids to bolster that area in Clark and SPS, and now they are both injured. Can't take a trick. Shuey, Trew, L Edwards all still in rehab too.
Any news about our add on players from last night's game - like Dittmar, did he play?
Tom Joyce got a mention on afl.com about being hard at it on the inside .

With our midfield injuries he would be a front runner for a spot

From that, Chesser and Jones are certainties for Round 1 at the moment.

That footage however has done little to allay my reservations about our (lack of) defensive accountability from last year.
Probably can’t read too much into defence and sloppiness until round 1 though. Our defending is, and always has been, about sustained intensity. When we bring it we look unstoppable. Doubt we’ll see much difference in the coming preseason games either. If that shit is still there against Gold Coast then we’re in for a long year again

I'm really pumped for footy to start again, but I'm tempering my expectations given the shit end to 2021. I'd checked out after we lost the derby, but we went 2 wins seven loses after the bye. That is the performance of a bottom 4 team. Anything above that is an improvement.

I hope to see an exciting new gameplan, some of our stars return to form (Ryan, Gov, Yeo) and improvement from the next generation.

Nelson looked like trash. Around the ball a bit but never looked. Like. Impacting the play. Maybe he knows his papers are stamped?

West bringing the heat but those skills are a worry.

JJ looked good.

Nic Nat to JJK is still a match winning play it appears.

Can't read too much I to it I guess but we didn't look slick at all :/

Sam Petrevski-Seton hurt his left knee after being crunched in last night’s intra-club hit-out and will miss the start of the season. While Greg Clark hurt the same shoulder he had injected during last years Simpson Medal winning GF effort. Could be sidelined for several months.

From Barich

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The quotes from Knights in that West article are concerning. He appears to have learned very little from his time as Essendon coach.

It's a while ago now but when he was in charge of the Bummers they were one of the easiest teams to score against in the competition. They could kick a decent score themselves but it was all one way running and they were never more than mid table nuisance value.

Nearly reached for the box of tissues after that horny Schofield PR speech, sure hope his method/words stacks up in real time..
What JJ does (burst speed out of packs) is what Petrol should be doing also..
Didn't recognise half the players. A few slick evasive moves.
Need more silky smooth movers like TK, Willy, Ryan and Yeo.
Now more mid injuries...will have to recall Ainsworth at this rate?

7 MINUTES

nice one so good to see abit of footy ..Loved that goal by Jack Williams at the end after some good work by Chesser to hit him with the handball ..JJ looked very lively with good pace and confidence ..TK looked hot and ready for a big season ..

Bring on the scratch match v Freo next Friday ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Preseason chat 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back