Game Day Preseason Game 1 vs Harley Reid & Mates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of positives to take out of this, without getting carried away. WCE are in a world of pain.
Emmett is an AFL player.
Ras is looked like he belonged. I think he’s ready to step up this season.
JOM is a class player. We need that and he’s now in my R1 23.
Walker looked good.
Great to see Noddy get some some confidence. He’s on track to get back to 2022 form.
McDonald is a great pick up and will be great coverage for Cox/Pearce
Walls has found a few players again. Simpson and Stanley are going be afl players.

Lots of positives to take out of this, without getting carried away. WCE are in a world of pain.
Emmett is an AFL player.
Ras is looked like he belonged. I think he’s ready to step up this season.
JOM is a class player. We need that and he’s now in my R1 23.
Walker looked good.
Great to see Noddy get some some confidence. He’s on track to get back to 2022 form.
McDonald is a great pick up and will be great coverage for Cox/Pearce
Walls has found a few players again. Simpson and Stanley are going be afl players.
JOM on the wing looked good.

Just not convinced with Treacy.

Voss is a better all round fwd. We all know it. Wasn’t just his set shot and leading..it’s the fact he showed great pace and seemed to be a one touch player with no fumbling. Liked the run n carry + the centering balls on the angle. If Jackson is the resting ruck fwd and Amiss is traditional FF, Treacy needs to be more one touch and less fumbling imo. His aerobic capacity for a big guy is overrated. In fairness JT has done enough for rd 1..just not convinced he’ll be in mid year.

If it’s Emmett vs Sturt..gotta go Emmett atm. One has tenacity, the other polish. As long as Amiss, Walters, Jackson etc are splitting the middle sticks we go with Emmett.

I might get roasted here but hasn't he always been ?
He actually played half decent in the main game
TBH that rookie game was an uncoreagraphed rabble
Looked like most of them had never played together and were just rushing everything

Sometimes the standard drops all round even for better players
Still not entirely convinced on Sturt but he’s handy depth and can kick fairly straight

Voss is a better all round fwd. We all know it. Wasn’t just his set shot and leading..it’s the fact he showed great pace and seemed to be a one touch player with no fumbling. Liked the run n carry + the centering balls on the angle. If Jackson is the resting ruck fwd and Amiss is traditional FF, Treacy needs to be more one touch and less fumbling imo. His aerobic capacity for a big guy is overrated. In fairness JT has done enough for rd 1..just not convinced he’ll be in mid year.

If it’s Emmett vs Sturt..gotta go Emmett atm. One has tenacity, the other polish. As long as Amiss, Walters, Jackson etc are splitting the middle sticks we go with Emmett.
Nah Treacy is the goods
Really watch his game
He offers a lot all round the ground

Has taken over the intercept mark role on the wing that Lobb used to play
Tackles like a demon and Actually hurts the opponent, he would be intimidating to play against

Brings the ball to ground or taps to team mates

Blocks for other forwards

I’m a big fan , yeh he needs to clunk a few more but I think the positives he brings from a team perspective outweigh the odd dropped mark

He actually played half decent in the main game
TBH that rookie game was an uncoreagraphed rabble
Looked like most of them had never played together and were just rushing everything

Sometimes the standard drops all round even for better players
Still not entirely convinced on Sturt but he’s handy depth and can kick fairly straight
Sturt really teases. He does everything well, has pace and great vision but he just can’t seem to get involved often enough. Man if you could combine him with Emmett you’d have a heck of a player.

Sturt really teases. He does everything well, has pace and great vision but he just can’t seem to get involved often enough. Man if you could combine him with Emmett you’d have a heck of a player.
Yeh I agree
Just lacks that intensity and aggression you need as a forward these days
Seems to struggle sticking a tackle too it seems
Great set shot kick though

Will be interesting whether Simpson or even Voss overtakes him this year
Emmet so far is a lock for round 1 I reckon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Voss is better? Hmmmm not sure if serious

Just some random observations:

I think Stanley and Simpson will make it as B22 AFL players.

Slightly disappointed in Treacy, was fumbly and didnt seem to be much improved from last year - time will tell but I was sort of expecting from all the reports that he was absolutely cherry ripe and ready to rip it apart this year. Dont get me wrong, he was Ok but on a sample size of just this one game, I would have said Voss was the better partner for Amiss.

JOM exceeded my expectations and with his cool head, strong hands, elite decisions and accurate kicking I thought we was one of our best. Im putting him back in my starting team. (Im sure he was never out of JLos team).

Freddy, as much as I love him, needs to go to tackle school and not be let out until he completes his homework.

Johnson will be an elite player, not just good.

PS: My buddy Josh Draper developing nicely, should be cherry ripe for our flag in 2026. B22 next year.

Treacy has not been favourite of mine but he would be a great team mate in the forward half & he has a role. He is unselfish & only cares about team success & does a lot of work off the ball to help his fellow forward mates succeed.

The best forward groups think of themselves as a whole, not individuals & care only about the winning their line as a whole to help contribute to the win. Not everybody gets a lick of the ice cream but as long a few do, they all love it.

It’s great to see Fyfe moving well, but he now has some limitations & using the first option is something he’ll need to look more at. He got himself into a little bit of strife when trying to do too much with other options available.

Does anyone have a summary of the moments/impressions from both games?

View attachment 1912861Clown got a couple of likes at home and decided the material was good enough to come over here with.
Its funny, I never hear Freo people call it our grand final yet whenever we are winning the West Coast fans love to bring up that its a grand final, must be their grand final 🤷‍♂️

Its funny, I never hear Freo people call it our grand final yet whenever we are winning the West Coast fans love to bring up that its a grand final, must be their grand final 🤷‍♂️
It's a coping mechanism for them. They want to take out the joy for us by diminishing or marginalising the fact that we're better at the moment. The instant the wheel turns their attitude will shift and they will celebrate like its 1999.

Does anyone have a summary of the moments/impressions from both games?
Does anyone have a summary of the moments/impressions from both ga
Tabs is done. Still calli For the ball on his head and when he does lead, it’s to a tough spot.

Treacy, Amiss and Jackson look great.

Young’s kicking in the mids….. chefs kiss

Simpson can play, will be in the mix for round .

All mids lowered their eyes when kicking into forward 50.

That was my key observations, hard to take too much out of it given the opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back