Prospective coaches unhappy with "Richo" ultimatum

Remove this Banner Ad

what a load of shit, was our best player last year will be our best player next year.

the only reason u would delist a champion is if u had someone else u desperately thought deserved an opportunity and and was being starved of a chance and even than u would really worry about it, for aslong as mcmahon king etc are getting games in our side i dont think were gonna find it too difficult to squeeze our greatest ever player on a wing somewhere, what a joke get rid of richo how idiotic.

Who are we making way for again? what champion wingman or dominate chf are we exactly in desperate need of grooming, people on here have the old grant thomas mentality more interested in saying something unpopular and edgey than something that makes sense.

Richo plays untill he isnt in our best 22 and isnt making us a better side on the field. SIMPLE

I DONT CARE IF HIS 108 IF HIS OUR BEST PLAYER U DONT DELIST HIM.

Almost as funny as a few years back lets drop Richo because he demands the footy when his forward and we kick it to him with 3 men on him.... AHHHH how stupid how about when he has 3 men on him we kick it to someone else , and if we dont we drop whoever deems it appropriate to kick it to a man with 3 on him , who on earth would wanna drop a player for attracting 3 backmen and keep the idiot that kicked it to him in the team almost laughable...

Whats more laughable is we had a coach who saw it as such a problem he moved him to the wing which he proceeded to finish 3rd in the brownlow and earn all australian honours and IDIOT richmond supporters STILL want him gone to make way for... who ... cleve hughes?... david gourdis?? hahaha come on how ridiculous

Richmond supporters havent given this champion anywhere near the credit his deserved for 16 years ... alot of them jumped on last year and are already off.

Richo is a champion he is 0% to blame for us being shit

I cant believe i read good things about matthew knights who cried like a selfish bitch when it was his turn to go and i read ppl on here saying how angry they were when he was asked too, Knights was shocking his last year or 2, and i get on here and read Richos finished!!! in the words of TW

I THINK IM GONNA SPEW UP

HERES A TIP: DO NOT DELIST YOUR BEST PLAYER

LMAO - i just find it hilarious that people are already writing him of

So many of u lot flip flop so quickly, you could be mistaken for matt Shirvington doing the 100 metres in the nude

Last year - all u people where saying " he could play another 5years!! " he Is Benjamin Button - his body is perfect!!

One injury later... "He is over, delist him before him hamstring injury stops our entire rebuilding process!!!! "

These are probably the same knobs who wrote off cousins before we got him, and then felt vindicated after he got re-did his hammy in round 1.

Cousins IS proof you can recover from injuries once you get older - everyone wrote him and his hammy's up - now he is our best player:rolleyes:

We definitely miss his ability to take a contested mark, I'll give you that, but I have serious doubts now about how his aging body will hold up, particularly since he re-injured himself so quickly upon his return and is going under the knife yet again...before that he was the only player over 30 after Cousins I would've definitely kept....though I'd rather see him starting on the bench from now on.
Once again ...it's all about the club and a prospective new coach shouldn't be hamstrung (no pun intended) by list management restrictions and ultimatums before they've even started.

And to whoever said "as if a new coach would turn down ten grand a week over this one issue"...you mean a coach whose primary motivation is on-field success...the kind of coach who'll do whatever it takes? Because that sounds to me exactly like the kind of coach that we need. Hell, if we want a coach whose primary motivation is money , the let's just get Wallace back.:eek:

Good post Mario Milano. In fact the best I've read all year.

Teach how to do those thumbs up emoticons and I'll add it to my post

rayz me ol mate, it's taken a while but I couldn't have said it better myself:thumbsu::D:thumbsu:

Hehe...perhaps if we lived in the same neck of the woods we'd often get together post/pre-game for a beer, a heated argument and a handshake at the end Bo. ;):thumbsu:

LMAO - why would it be hardwick??? Again - everyone just makes speculation to what or who it is IF it is true - all the IFS become so clouded idiots begin to believe it to be fact!!

The same 'speculation' surrounded Hardwick when Essendon passed on him.

What "idiots" draw from my speculation - which is quite clearly qualified as exactly that - is nobody's problem but theirs.

YaBB has posted numerous PROVEN FACTUAL insights on the inner workings of the club during his time on the board and always been a good poster. He didn't deserve the tirade you threw his way yesterday.

I always thought Richardson should be kept on... until the weekend just gone. Once Rawlings came out and bagged the culture etc... I think all 30+ players who have been around for a while (everyone except Cousins) should be moved on so the new coach can start with a blank canvas.

How am I a Richo hater? Just cause I think he shouldn't go on unlike some other people? What ridiculous logic. I've always maintained the view that he shouldn't go on in 2010.

No mate you are a hater..

I have read some of your posts over the last week as you know.You have been vocal in your opinion of him retiring yes, but with unconcealed glee of the possibility. You have not showed one bit of repect for the great man.

You are a hater and if and when he does retire it will be your time to shine!!

No mate you are a hater..

I have read some of your posts over the last week as you know.You have been vocal in your opinion of him retiring yes, but with unconcealed glee of the possibility. You have not showed one bit of repect for the great man.

You are a hater and if and when he does retire it will be your time to shine!!

What a load of rubbish, why don't you link me to me abusing Richo or 'hating' on him. You think I hate him because I don't follow the crowd and say "OMG, play till your 40 Richo", I think you're pathetic.

Getting sick of the personal abuse being offered up in this thread. There is no need for it, just because posters think that Richo should retire doesn't mean they are haters.

p180 "Sacked Coach, Stan Alves".....There can be little doubt that the collateral recieved from Pluggers departure had taken some of the financial heat off the club. It made the clubs leading creditors sleep a little easier at night............

Now if you have conflicting evidence to what was written in an autobiography...then report, if it's indeed straight from the clacker then FWIW leave it there...

Yes every autobiography ever written is entirely true, word for word, and never indulges in self promotion or explores both side of every story. I particularly enjoyed Shane Warne's explanation of his mobile phone episodes in his autobiography, Ricky Ponting's discussion of his night out with Mo Matthews at the Bourbon and Beefsteak and Kevin Sheedy's soul searching analysis of how many times his love for the bottle nearly derailed his legacy as one of football's best coaches.

Having said that, Alves is probably right. However what is also right is that Northey wanted to include Richo in the trade for Lockett and was undermined, backstabbed and knifed by others in the club. We didnt have the balls to make the hard decisions and when we brought someone in to do it, we stopped him making them. Which was the point of my post on this thread. Not what Alves said, but how we reacted as a club when faced with a tough decision.

John Northey spent over a year buttering up Locketts dad out in the bush. The guy had it all very carefully planned. Straight out of the Graeme Richmond text book.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread is total BS.

As if someone who will be paid 8 - 10 grand a week is gunna say no because Richo will play one more year.

For gawd's sake people WAKE UP !!!!!!

PS. in fact if they say this then i would show then the door - no if fact i would walk them to Richmond station and tell them to POQ,

agree

What a load of rubbish, why don't you link me to me abusing Richo or 'hating' on him. You think I hate him because I don't follow the crowd and say "OMG, play till your 40 Richo", I think you're pathetic.

I think I get you every time... Hence my opinion is right:thumbsu:

Getting sick of the personal abuse being offered up in this thread. There is no need for it, just because posters think that Richo should retire doesn't mean they are haters.

The truth is their is an element of this feral tiger Richo 'disliker' in our midst.
I am sick of hearing it.

Maybe it's because in his 5 or 6 games this year he was one of our best players

Last year he was in many people opinions, our best player.

For most of his career, he has been one of our best players.

The same 'speculation' surrounded Hardwick when Essendon passed on him.

What "idiots" draw from my speculation - which is quite clearly qualified as exactly that - is nobody's problem but theirs.

YaBB has posted numerous PROVEN FACTUAL insights on the inner workings of the club during his time on the board and always been a good poster. He didn't deserve the tirade you threw his way yesterday.

bollocks, bollocks, bollocks, bollocks, bollocks, bollocks bollocks!

I "speculate" that his information is rubbish - and i think its "fact" that anyone who is dumb enough to believe in it - and go along with it and treat it like fact, is an absolute idiot.

You saying that IF this piece on unproven information is infact correct - based on nothing but the he say of some bloke who has a "mate who works at the club, in some slight capacity that priviliges him to over-hear at the water cooler highly confidential information that under no circumstances can be discussed outside the professional enviroment of a job application interview", that the bloke MUST be "Hardwick" because he has "speculative done it before at essendon"

This certainly sounds like a brilliant case of 1 + 1 = 3

Why wouldn't it be Sumich? He went for the job, has been passed over - perhaps the club told this completely untried, unproven twit that if you can't see the value of having Matthew Richardson around the club on 2010, with so many other players likely to be turned over - perhaps you are not the coach we thought you would be?

I guess it's because if we say its Hardwick( the bloke who most WANT to take the job) and not Sumich (the bloke who didn't get the job ) - thats just so much more DRAMATIC!

This is all this story is - pure speculation tailor made to everyone's fantast to fulfill their usual " FOOTBALL DRAMA" that is The Richmond Football Club.

Rawlings talk about the culture issues at richmond, half the problem lays in here:thumbsdown:

what a load of shit, was our best player last year will be our best player next year.

the only reason u would delist a champion is if u had someone else u desperately thought deserved an opportunity and and was being starved of a chance and even than u would really worry about it, for aslong as mcmahon king etc are getting games in our side i dont think were gonna find it too difficult to squeeze our greatest ever player on a wing somewhere, what a joke get rid of richo how idiotic.

Who are we making way for again? what champion wingman or dominate chf are we exactly in desperate need of grooming, people on here have the old grant thomas mentality more interested in saying something unpopular and edgey than something that makes sense.

Richo plays untill he isnt in our best 22 and isnt making us a better side on the field. SIMPLE

I DONT CARE IF HIS 108 IF HIS OUR BEST PLAYER U DONT DELIST HIM.

Almost as funny as a few years back lets drop Richo because he demands the footy when his forward and we kick it to him with 3 men on him.... AHHHH how stupid how about when he has 3 men on him we kick it to someone else , and if we dont we drop whoever deems it appropriate to kick it to a man with 3 on him , who on earth would wanna drop a player for attracting 3 backmen and keep the idiot that kicked it to him in the team almost laughable...

Whats more laughable is we had a coach who saw it as such a problem he moved him to the wing which he proceeded to finish 3rd in the brownlow and earn all australian honours and IDIOT richmond supporters STILL want him gone to make way for... who ... cleve hughes?... david gourdis?? hahaha come on how ridiculous

Richmond supporters havent given this champion anywhere near the credit his deserved for 16 years ... alot of them jumped on last year and are already off.

Richo is a champion he is 0% to blame for us being shit

I cant believe i read good things about matthew knights who cried like a selfish bitch when it was his turn to go and i read ppl on here saying how angry they were when he was asked too, Knights was shocking his last year or 2, and i get on here and read Richos finished!!! in the words of TW

I THINK IM GONNA SPEW UP

HERES A TIP: DO NOT DELIST YOUR BEST PLAYER
Super post.:thumbsu:

LMAO - i just find it hilarious that people are already writing him of

So many of u lot flip flop so quickly, you could be mistaken for matt Shirvington doing the 100 metres in the nude

Last year - all u people where saying " he could play another 5years!! " he Is Benjamin Button - his body is perfect!!

One injury later... "He is over, delist him before him hamstring injury stops our entire rebuilding process!!!! "

These are probably the same knobs who wrote off cousins before we got him, and then felt vindicated after he got re-did his hammy in round 1.

Cousins IS proof you can recover from injuries once you get older - everyone wrote him and his hammy's up - now he is our best player:rolleyes:
Another good one.:thumbsu:

Northey wanted to include Richo in the trade for Lockett
Then he was a dope. It would have been counter-productive to get Lockett and lose Richo in the one move. I would have loved to get Plugger, not least so Richo could have been released to become the all-time great CHF he should have been, but most of all because we may very well have won a flag if we had BOTH of them.

OK,
4/ Richo has had a long history of injuries - particularly hammies - goes way back before Wallace. He has missed an average of more than 1 game in 4. I checked his stats prior to Wallace (and I left out 1993, his first year, and 1995 when he did his knee). He played 171 of 223 games in that period. He actually played more under Wallace than at any other time in his career.

Richo has had a history of major injuries, this dodgy hamstring theory is rubbish.

171 of 223 not including 1993 & 1995 ... How about you also don't include 1999 or 2000 which he missed the vast majority of the season, from memory due to stress fracture in his foot? I'm not 100% sure on that, but it certainly wasn't a bloody hamstring injury.

How does the 171 from 223 look when you don't include that year?

Dodgy hamstrings ... pfft ;)

No but Barnzy's glee at Richo being injured a few weeks back was particularly vile.

He deserves every insult thrown at him. Happy that the man got injured simply because the club didn't do what he wanted. A **** of a human being.

Apart from a few good games (how many did he play this year?) what will he bring to a new fresh beginning next year? We have achieved nothing in the time he has been with us, so next year wont make a difference if he plays. He is OUR champ and we love him, but its time he moves on. Let the new breed take charge and shine. Time to move away from this Richocentric love fest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prospective coaches unhappy with "Richo" ultimatum

Remove this Banner Ad

Back