Pt2: Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Let us not forget that adrian has maxed out their salary cap for the next few years on this midtable at best list.

My mob are midtable at best and full of good, ordinary players too... but at least they are all getting paid stuff all and we have squillions up our sleeve in cap money to try and improve beyond midtable.

Adrian has filled up on breadsticks at the buffet and now can't eat any of the good food.

Lol

Educate yourself and try again

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Do you think they are a team aiming at flags right now though? I think your expectation of them is too high.

For me they were always a side that could compete in be bottom half of the eight. Like Port, St Kilda, Adelaide, Bulldogs.

They are definitely around that mark.

You also didn’t answer my question.

Who are the clubs that have several players as a lock for AA?

Yes.

They spent just one year investing in the draft picking up Perkins, Reid & Cox, and that was pretty much it. Sacked Rutten for finishing 8th & 15th and went back to topping up with guys like Goldstein, McKay, re-signing Stringer (which they will do again) and making no use of whatever currency they had on their list to bring in youth.

Like Brad Scotts North, Essendon will be hard to play against most weeks, make the 8 most year & occasionally sneak into the 4, but their star power is virtually non existent imo; which is required to contend for flags.

Yes.

They spent just one year investing in the draft picking up Perkins, Reid & Cox, and that was pretty much it. Sacked Rutten for finishing 8th & 15th and went back to topping up with guys like Goldstein, McKay, re-signing Stringer (which they will do again) and making no use of whatever currency they had on their list to bring in youth.

Like Brad Scotts North, Essendon will be hard to play against most weeks, make the 8 most year & occasionally sneak into the 4, but their star power is virtually non existent imo; which is required to contend for flags.
This is a very optimistic take. I've seen nothing to suggest that they can do this. Unless they can add free agents/trades, not sure how they get enough talent through the door (adn they need more talent) now as they sit in mid table mediocrity and miss out on the top 3 or 4 draft picks.

Essendon have shown me nothing to think that the ranking based on % is not accurate of where they are really at as a team.

1721611760811.png

Yes.

Waithe was probably brads best ringin at NM. Dont think any of magoo, current goldy or gresham are anywhere near that level.

This is a very optimistic take. I've seen nothing to suggest that they can do this. Unless they can add free agents/trades, not sure how they get enough talent through the door (adn they need more talent) now as they sit in mid table mediocrity and miss out on the top 3 or 4 draft picks.

Essendon have shown me nothing to think that the ranking based on % is not accurate of where they are really at as a team.

View attachment 2055358

Yeah, slightly optimistic. But I think Scott overachieves with his list, so wouldn't surprise me to see them as finalists most years. Still think they will make it this year and maybe pinch an EF win.

Yeah, slightly optimistic. But I think Scott overachieves with his list, so wouldn't surprise me to see them as finalists most years. Still think they will make it this year and maybe pinch an EF win.
I just don't see it, have the highlighted as clearly better than them now, and/or have better future prospects due to list/age (north are two years away but will mow the bombers down once their kids are older).

That's not even including usual powerhouses like Cats and Magpies who are re-tooling, and Demons who seem to be all over the shop. Not saying they won't make finals occasionally, but making the 8 regularly is hard to see given where they are at.

1721614144393.png

I just don't see it, have the highlighted as clearly better than them now, and/or have better future prospects due to list/age (north are two years away but will mow the bombers down once their kids are older).

That's not even including usual powerhouses like Cats and Magpies who are re-tooling, and Demons who seem to be all over the shop. Not saying they won't make finals occasionally, but making the 8 regularly is hard to see given where they are at.

View attachment 2055431

They'll pick up the odd FA & mid-season recruit which they are actually adequate at, overachieve and remain a top 8 contender imo. You've listed 9 other clubs who you think are/will be better, one or two of those every year will have down years at some point.

They'll pick up the odd FA & mid-season recruit which they are actually adequate at, overachieve and remain a top 8 contender imo. You've listed 9 other clubs who you think are/will be better, one or two of those every year will have down years at some point.
You're the one arguing they will be top 8 most years, i think it's only a 50/50 chance they make the top 8 each year.

The problem with their list is that they are missing a graders. Just a bunch of decent players but very little in the way of game changers.
Yep.

Nothing has really changed from 4-5 years ago.

Their list continues to be a bunch of decent players and some guys who have been around for a while and still waiting for them to come on.

Merrett’s an All-Australian, very good player but he’s a different type of player to the game breaking mid type you want leading your midfield.

You’ve got guys like Draper. Cox, Perkins etc who continue to get games and you’re just waiting for them to consistently impact games. Previous to those types it was Langford and Parish that took forever to be consistent.

They draft Tsastas who reportedly has to be taught to kick because he kicks off his shins. He was a top 5 pick.

They really seem to love wasting years on discarded players or project types while they’ve got players in their primes ready to win.

I don’t think there’s enough hunger because you’ve got these young project types being told the Bombers are a young developing side even though it’s not really true.

It’s been said a hundred times but they haven’t had a superstar type talent since Lloyd.

Yep.

Nothing has really changed from 4-5 years ago.

Their list continues to be a bunch of decent players and some guys who have been around for a while and still waiting for them to come on.

Merrett’s an All-Australian, very good player but he’s a different type of player to the game breaking mid type you want leading your midfield.

You’ve got guys like Draper. Cox, Perkins etc who continue to get games and you’re just waiting for them to consistently impact games. Previous to those types it was Langford and Parish that took forever to be consistent.

They draft Tsastas who reportedly has to be taught to kick because he kicks off his shins. He was a top 5 pick.

They really seem to love wasting years on discarded players or project types while they’ve got players in their primes ready to win.

I don’t think there’s enough hunger because you’ve got these young project types being told the Bombers are a young developing side even though it’s not really true.

It’s been said a hundred times but they haven’t had a superstar type talent since Lloyd.
merrett is awesome, youre right that hes not the traditional main mid but imagine him next to cripps or bont

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who would you list as current “game breakers”? Because I think you are selling Merrett short as just an accumulator.
Bont, Cripps, Daicos, Heeney, Neale, Petracca etc.

As has been said Merrett is a very good footballer but if you’re relying on him to take games by the scruff of the neck it simply won’t work.

With days like today i think of the below!

dodoro GIF by AFL

Surely the dumb arsed coteries can join the dots that Sheedy and Dodoro mean years in the wilderness

I mean what more evidence do they need?
The coteries love Sheedy, and Sheedy loves Dodoro. Honestly it will never change until Sheedy leaves the club.

Can someone answer

Didn't he retire? Or is he still pulling strings?
Some ITK poster on our board says he isn't pulling he strings yet the same players are picked year in year out.

Awful coincidence that the last 8 coaches all priorities small inside mids with poor foot skills.

If the club was serious about doing anything they would walk him out on Monday but the EFC is too gutless

Remove this Banner Ad

Pt2: Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back