MRP / Trib. Q Stick given a week by the MRP - let off by tribunal

Remove this Banner Ad

Was this on 360 they showed it? I'll grab that too and chuck it in
Yeah as above was OTC. Sorry about the cryptic nature of the post as well. He didn't get off, it was downgraded to what Lynch's charge is now. But if you watch them together there is a massive difference in lateness and intent with taking eyes off of football.

Robbo should take an extremely long walk of a short cliff, stupid moronic ponce.

And what had this Fraser campaigner got against us? The sooky lala in me would say, well if Lynch goes we should go through and point out every time the same situation happens to us.

Yeah as above was OTC. Sorry about the cryptic nature of the post as well. He didn't get off, it was downgraded to what Lynch's charge is now. But if you watch them together there is a massive difference in lateness and intent with taking eyes off of football.

Yep, found it, got cleared but only because he had no record - Lynch's record tips him.

He's exactly right though. A Lynch Dunstall and co all played in a period that was encouraged. Its just not that way anymore. How would you feel to watch Jonathon Brown cannon into Darling like that?

I would have even more respect for Darling, and if he was able to play out the match, wouldn't see why it would even need to be looked at.

When you bravely cut in front of a player running hard for the ball accidents are going to happen. Should not be a suspension. It happens every game. Once he was in the air there wasn't much Lynch could do.

I used to always raise the knee when jumping for a mark or a spoil because with your eyes on the ball you didnt always know what was coming from the opposite direction and its the best way to protect yourself. Also if you jump high enough the raised knee can life you higher off another player and further effect the contest. The charge is a load of shit.

What difference does it make if it were Jonathon Brown? Are you trying to suggest that bigger players, like Brown and Lynch need to be particularly careful?

Well, given that 'impact' comes into play with the points and the MRP, yes. Whether or not that is right is another issue.

watching the replay frame by frame lynch arrives between 1 and 2 frames after the north player marks it. This equates to about 1/17th of a second or 0.06 seconds.

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Given that the north player was running back with the ball and lynch would have marked it if he weren't there, he was definitely in the marking contest, only had eyes for the ball, and had every right to launch himself at it and put his knee up like every single other player does when going for a mark in a pack.

scaled.php

its also worth noting that lynch came from the side and change direction so when he jumped he wasnt moving forward very much and the force of the impact was more a result of the north player moving backwards

What difference does it make if it were Jonathon Brown? Are you trying to suggest that bigger players, like Brown and Lynch need to be particularly careful?
Seeing as your too simple to understand it, I will break it down for you. Force = Mass X Acceleration. So when Brown or Lynch hit you at speed, its going to hurt a lot more than if Masten goes up. So yes. They do need to be particularly careful. Seeing as the force of impact is a part of the equation in how many weeks you get...

I love that robbo used the term "king-knee" to try and make it sound as bad as a barry hall style king-hit.
The tribunals obsession with slowmo footage may actually help lynch. Slowed down it doesn't look half as bad and its very noticable that he never takes his eyes off the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you can see from this image which is an overly of when they both jumped and when they collided that the north player was moving back faster then lynch was moving forward

scaled.php

That's quality posting, good work :thumbsu:

The reason players such as Waters are widely lauded for their bravery when backing into the flight of the ball is because these kind of contests can occur in our game. Had Lynch been a fraction of a second earlier he would have gotten hands on the ball, and it would have been play on- Lynch was within his rights to attempt the mark. The umpire at the time recognised this when he chose to not reward a 50 metre penalty.

Additionally, this may not be the thread for it but Mark Robinson is an imbecile. I can understand how other inarticulate and uninteresting 'experts' have made media careers out of successful playing days, but what exactly made 'Robbo' an appealing host to the big wigs at Foxtel HQ?

Was watching 360 earlier and they were all "suggesting" that Maxwell would not have hit Puopolo in the nose if he wasn't so short and didnt bend his knees.

It's Puopollo's fault he got hit in the nose....suspend him for being short!!!!

Seeing as your too simple to understand it, I will break it down for you. Force = Mass X Acceleration. So when Brown or Lynch hit you at speed, its going to hurt a lot more than if Masten goes up. So yes. They do need to be particularly careful. Seeing as the force of impact is a part of the equation in how many weeks you get...
So you're saying that in a highly impactful, emotive sport they expect players to actually think before going into a contest? If that's the case, the only one ever going into a contest is going to be Lindsay Thomas, oh, or Kane Mitchell but that's another story. ;)

Well, at least we're contesting. :thumbsu:

Most importantly, the North player was reversing back in to him. If he wasn't moving back as fast and jumping up there is no way Lynchy takes him out and Lynchy ends up with the ball. Do players now have to just jump out of the way of players going back with the flight of the ball??

No doubt there will be much indignation from the North fans who won't want to see players with their eyes on the ball suspended. ;)

So you're saying that in a highly impactful, emotive sport they expect players to actually think before going into a contest? If that's the case, the only one ever going into a contest is going to be Lindsay Thomas, oh, or Kane Mitchell but that's another story. ;)
Theres no point being like that. I would always go in 100% and I wish AFL still did do that. But we both know that AFL just isn't that way anymore. You can get away with it in Ammo's but not in the big league. Lynch should have known that and every person here should have expected him to be cited. He should be thankful it was listed as low impact.

There are plenty of situations where a player backs up to take a mark and cops it in the back from a player who doesn't reach the drop of the ball. Here is one such occasion which I knew was online.

Theres no point being like that. I would always go in 100% and I wish AFL still did do that. But we both know that AFL just isn't that way anymore. You can get away with it in Ammo's but not in the big league. Lynch should have known that and every person here should have expected him to be cited. He should be thankful it was listed as low impact.

if the north player hadnt run back so hard lynch wouldnt have been at the ball 0.06 seconds after him, and if lynch hadnt gone for the mark we all would have said he didnt go hard enough. Its a final, we expect player to go hard at the ball, which is exactly what both players did.

Yes, there bloody well is and I'll remain like it until the softcocks get done out of jobs at AFL house. I don't mean you go out and try to maim someone, but your coaches will not expect anyone, unless they're Lindsay Thomas, to pull out of the contest just because they might get cited. My point is that it is a highly emotional and physical contest, you show me a player that is going to think about it before going hard, they simply don't have the time.

you can see from this image which is an overly of when they both jumped and when they collided that the north player was moving back faster then lynch was moving forward

scaled.php

The Eagles should present this as their defence...he would get off.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Q Stick given a week by the MRP - let off by tribunal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back