Certified Legendary Thread Q: Why did Freeman Leave St Kilda? (A: He was delisted)

Should the thread be closed

• Yes

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • No

Votes: 33 70.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Whilst the sun does return to its same spot on Venus taking 116 &3/4 days it spins on its axis for 243 days in duration to return to the same axis spot.
Venus has an Equatorial Radius of 6,051.8 km (approx the same number of km ran during rehab/training over the past 5 seasons)

A girl is sitting at a table by herself in a cafe. It’s a table for two. The waiter comes over to take her order. She says “I’m waiting for somebody”

A guy turns up. The girl says “Hi”. The guy says to the girl straight up “You’ve got me sitting with my back to the door”. It wasn’t unfriendly, but he clearly thinks that she should have known better. Girl says “Oh sorry” and swaps seats. Guy wanders around outside for a few moments then returns inside and takes up the seat facing the door ...

A girl is sitting at a table by herself in a cafe. It’s a table for two. The waiter comes over to take her order. She says “I’m waiting for somebody”

A guy turns up. The girl says “Hi”. The guy says to the girl straight up “You’ve got me sitting with my back to the door”. It wasn’t unfriendly, but he clearly thinks that she should have known better. Girl says “Oh sorry” and swaps seats. Guy wanders around outside for a few moments then returns inside and takes up the seat facing the door ...

I'm waiting 76...

I got outta dodge real quick

Felt like I was living in a scene out of the Godfather :eek:

You were there! Ha!

The notorius Mick Gatto (Pies supporter I think) used to frequent a cafe/restaurant across the road from where I worked. He always sat with his back to the wall, at the rear of the room. Could see everyone coming and going.:)

The notorius Mick Gatto (Pies supporter I think)

Yes, he is.

... used to frequent a cafe/restaurant across the road from where I worked. He always sat with his back to the wall, at the rear of the room. Could see everyone coming and going.:)

Was that the cafe where Andrew Veniamin was killed, Gatto was accused, but got off?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s the Wild West lawman Wild Bill Hickok‘s story. He was killed in Deadwood in the 1870’s when he joined a game of poker that didn’t have a ‘seat facing the door’ available which was his preferred seat. He was shot point blank from behind by a guy who’d lost badly at poker the day before. Wild Bill had encouraged him to quit and offered him money for his lodgings. The killer accepted the donation but was apparently embarrassed.
Wild Bill had a hand consisting of aces and 8’s when he was gunned down which then became known as the Dead Man’s Hand.

That’s the Wild West lawman Wild Bill Hickok‘s story. He was killed in Deadwood in the 1870’s when he joined a game of poker that didn’t have a ‘seat facing the door’ available which was his preferred seat. He was shot point blank from behind by a guy who’d lost badly at poker the day before. Wild Bill had encouraged him to quit and offered him money for his lodgings. The killer accepted the donation but was apparently embarrassed.
Wild Bill had a hand consisting of aces and 8’s when he was gunned down which then became known as the Dead Man’s Hand.
Great post.

I’m sure the dead mans hand is all blacks with pair of eights and pair of aces.
The fifth card I think doesn’t matter as it were (the fifth card doesn’t have to be black either, I think)

Last edited:
How old was the oldest post you replied to?
This thread?
Been going since late 2015 I think.

Has discussed all things:

Eg US Civil War.

Anything but Freeman :)

You were there! Ha!

The notorius Mick Gatto (Pies supporter I think) used to frequent a cafe/restaurant across the road from where I worked. He always sat with his back to the wall, at the rear of the room. Could see everyone coming and going.:)

The place near the Vic Market?

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Q: Why did Freeman Leave St Kilda? (A: He was delisted)

Back