Certified Legendary Thread Q: Why did Freeman Leave St Kilda? (A: He was delisted)

Should the thread be closed

• Yes

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • No

Votes: 33 70.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Luckily Freeman wasn’t around 10 yrs younger, had he played for the Saints in 2010 Id say they would have smacked us by 10 goals in the granny, Norm Smith with 32 and 4 majors

Two down... the small number of finals and lack of grand finals says a lot

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-17/two-umpires-to-call-it-quits-at-end-of-season
EXPERIENCED umpires Justin Schmitt and Troy Pannell have announced they will retire at the end of the AFL season.

Schmitt officiated his first match in 1997 and has umpired 362 matches so far, including 15 finals, and was an emergency for the 2016 Grand Final.

Pannell made his senior umpiring debut in 2005 and has officiated 217 matches in total, including five finals.

500k sounds great for two games.
But reality is it’s been three years and a lot of hard work and a lot of surgery. Some paid for out of his own pocket.
Sort of dilutes the value a bit.
Yes it does, but still not that bad though.

Eh I wasn’t exactly paying attention but was there any mention of the boy wonder not getting a gig at the Saints next year

Copped a knock last week apparently.
Cant understand why he was dropped. Richardson said they wanted to go in with a taller lineup against the hawks. He also mentioned that his game in the VFL last week was nothing special which is why he didn’t get a call up this week.

I’m surprised they didn’t play him last week and this week. If he doesn’t at least get rookied it will be disappointing given the obvious work he put in to get himself to an AFL game. Given the saints have had nothing to play for, they should have kept him in. Richo obviously more concerned about his job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Delisted. 5 years, 2 games. Over a million. Good on him.

Close thread........he made the right decision leaving our Club for the $.

The dream is over.
No matter my hate for him walking from the Pies.
I understand the dream that all young footballers have. The dream to succeeed. The dream to stand in the middle of the G with a medallion hanging from your neck.
So much promise, so much hard work.
He will be devastated that his body has failed him.
The money is nice, but inconsequential right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Q: Why did Freeman Leave St Kilda? (A: He was delisted)

Back