QAFA (A) - 2014 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Good effort today the pirates. Griffith aren't as good as they think they are. Probably the worst undefeated side I've seen. If they win the flag it's cos of there coach not the players

Hi we're
What is your story with backing park ridge not like Moorooka , from what I read when I hacked the system your r a Moorooka stalward
I won't reveal your name just yet .but keep this up and I will you other tips I agree with .
Hay were
You backed the pirates maybe you no nothing griffith for the flag they r the best team in the comp good luck to the rest rosters will be under maned next week but still back them
Rooster for the flag

Hey mate, was it seriously windy out there? Just read the scores:
4-8-32 to 19-31-145. Could've been a bigger hiding! Also the Tigers had 15 goalkickers?!?! That's a good spread

19.21.135 was the score. And don't think it was the wind. Just some rushed kicks. Think everyone was excited to kick a goal. Springer even played ff for a bit.

Good effort today the pirates. Griffith aren't as good as they think they are. Probably the worst undefeated side I've seen. If they win the flag it's cos of there coach not the players

How is losing by 60 points a good effort u are obviously a drunk sooking pirate . And I'm sure the roosters be worried if they are undefeated all year and u don't rate them . Pretty sure the coach doesn't run on the field and play so it must have a little bit to do with the players

Hay were
You backed the pirates maybe you no nothing griffith for the flag they r the best team in the comp good luck to the rest rosters will be under maned next week but still back them
Rooster for the flag

Happy to be corrected hoff well done to the roosters . U sound like one very happy rooster and deservedly so.

19.21.135 was the score. And don't think it was the wind. Just some rushed kicks. Think everyone was excited to kick
a goal. Springer even played ff for
a bit.
Cheers for that Spades.. Springer is a genuine ball player & a gun! I'm heading down next week for the Tigers Roosters game, should be a cracker! Be a good test for Griffith as far as important games go, cementing top spot should be on their minds.
Bananabenda: bit early to be labelling anyone "flag certs" but as a former Tiger, I hope ur right.
The Roosters however deserve the favourite tag much more, their coach has had plenty of raps & their playing group have answered every challenge comfortably..& they are undefeated for a reason: they have beaten every side, not lost a game etc... Don't know how else to frame it

How is losing by 60 points a good effort u are obviously a drunk sooking pirate . And I'm sure the roosters be worried if they are undefeated all year and u don't rate them . Pretty sure the coach doesn't run on the field and play so it must have a little bit to do with the players

Pirates were with GM for most of the game (they were 3 goals down at end end of the 3rd Q). Just had a blow out in the 4th Q once the Pirates bench had been decimated by GM players being more effective at taking out their man.

Umpires were atrocious, especially in the 3rd, and not one way or the other. They were ridiculously inconsistent all day, with in the back/slings tackles/holding the ball/chopping the arms/high contact/sliding in all becoming option rules for both teams and the umpires lost all control of the match for about 10 minutes in the third when the game was closer to being an MMA cage than a football field. They were blowing the whistles for marks before they were taken (for both sides), then calling play on after everyone had reacted to the whistle like it was a mark.

The best (worst?) moment was when a GM player took a Pirate down fairly, but once on the ground laid into him. Umpire blew the whistle for a free kick to Pirates, but then was told by GM that they were the ones who deserved the free kick. Absolute confusion for about 30 seconds while the muppet tried to figure out what to do before he balled it up. I've never seen an umpire backflip on a decision like that before, shameful display.

That said, the umpires didn't cost the Pirates the game, their bad calls hurt GM as often as the Pirates, though their inability to control the game when the aggression came out favoured GM more than it did the Pirates. Ultimately GM were willing to run harder in the 4th Q, they got more men to the contest and were able to flood the Pirates forward line when they tried to surge back at the end which got them the result that they deserved.

Pirates were with GM for most of the game (they were 3 goals down at end end of the 3rd Q). Just had a blow out in the 4th Q once the Pirates bench had been decimated by GM players being more effective at taking out their man.

Umpires were atrocious, especially in the 3rd, and not one way or the other. They were ridiculously inconsistent all day, with in the back/slings tackles/holding the ball/chopping the arms/high contact/sliding in all becoming option rules for both teams and the umpires lost all control of the match for about 10 minutes in the third when the game was closer to being an MMA cage than a football field. They were blowing the whistles for marks before they were taken (for both sides), then calling play on after everyone had reacted to the whistle like it was a mark.

The best (worst?) moment was when a GM player took a Pirate down fairly, but once on the ground laid into him. Umpire blew the whistle for a free kick to Pirates, but then was told by GM that they were the ones who deserved the free kick. Absolute confusion for about 30 seconds while the muppet tried to figure out what to do before he balled it up. I've never seen an umpire backflip on a decision like that before, shameful display.

That said, the umpires didn't cost the Pirates the game, their bad calls hurt GM as often as the Pirates, though their inability to control the game when the aggression came out favoured GM more than it did the Pirates. Ultimately GM were willing to run harder in the 4th Q, they got more men to the contest and were able to flood the Pirates forward line when they tried to surge back at the end which got them the result that they deserved.

Great match report karrix I just can't see why people won't give Moorooka credit and acknowledge they have improved and are the team to beat .

Redcliffe are certs for the flag. I reckon GM will be there on GF day. Hopefully Park ridge enjoy some finals experience too.

Was my prediction correct banana about joe perovic getting the medal? Shouldn't you be watching the other league with a closer eye than this one banana?

Geez, did you even see the incident?
Seeing as I was the player who made the tackle in question and
apparently "laid" into him afterwards. I suggest you open your eyes a little wider sunshine.
I simply held the clown down as I felt he needed a bit of a rest after wildly throwing his arms about trying to strike me, as I can only assume he wasn't too happy about being tackled. Not once did I lay into him.

Glad I could clear this up for you.

Either taking out there man to hurt there bench .....or could it be the lack of run produced by the 5 players from park ridge have a ciggy or 2 in there playing gear at half time ??

And yes snakes eyes I know I'm shit I'm the worst player ever ra ra ra thank my brother all that jazz so save your breath ya clown and I'll see you in the finals ..... or will I ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Either taking out there man to hurt there bench .....or could it be the lack of run produced by the 5 players from park ridge have a ciggy or 2 in there playing gear at half time ??

And yes snakes eyes I know I'm shit I'm the worst player ever ra ra ra thank my brother all that jazz so save your breath ya clown and I'll see you in the finals ..... or will I ??

See ya in the finals np #1

Geez, did you even see the incident?
Seeing as I was the player who made the tackle in question and
apparently "laid" into him afterwards. I suggest you open your eyes a little wider sunshine.
I simply held the clown down as I felt he needed a bit of a rest after wildly throwing his arms about trying to strike me, as I can only assume he wasn't too happy about being tackled. Not once did I lay into him.

Glad I could clear this up for you.

Seeing as I was the runner I saw exactly what you were up to champ. Nice try though.

Edit: It is a contact sport and crap like that happens I have no problem with it, just the umpires confusion afterwards.

Seeing as I was the runner I saw exactly what you were up to champ. Nice try though.

Edit: It is a contact sport and crap like that happens I have no problem with it, just the umpires confusion afterwards.

Please elaborate as to how I laid into him them oh wise one.

Odd called agreed, gotta come to expect that by now in our league.

I

think you need to sort this out in the car park of the calamvale hotel after a few frothies. Lol

I ventured down to Moorooka to have a squiz at this game (mainly because I don't cop enough abuse at home). I seem to recall only a Park Ridge player (big unit) getting Yellow Carded? Was this the same incident?

I ventured down to Moorooka to have a squiz at this game (mainly because I don't cop enough abuse at home). I seem to recall only a Park Ridge player (big unit) getting Yellow Carded? Was this the same incident?
Mate I wasn't there .
i got no idea mate. Iwas sick of them banging on about it and I wanted them to sort it out old school!

I was at the game and the abuse from the crowd the umpires received was atrocious it is no wonder we are struggling to get umpires, becuase I would not do it for any amount of money. I think we all need to realise that if the abuse and critism continues then we will lose more and more and will have to get club umpires more often. And yes you may say they are better (Club Umpires) but I am sure they will also get abused and we will lose them also....

I was at the game and the abuse from the crowd the umpires received was atrocious it is no wonder we are struggling to get umpires, becuase I would not do it for any amount of money. I think we all need to realise that if the abuse and critism continues then we will lose more and more and will have to get club umpires more often. And yes you may say they are better (Club Umpires) but I am sure they will also get abused and we will lose them also....

Bigdawg I would tend to agree I have watched 4 games this year and abuse from spectators was disgusting . Which team was responsible for lasts weeks abuse ? Generally most abuse comes from the loosing sides supporters was this the case ?

Nah that yellow card was early in the game and was basically due to the big fella giving the GM player a few too many chest bumps when the umpire had told him to leave it be.

Early tips for this week.

Beenleigh should get the points this week for the bye.

Logan over Ipswich by 2 goals.

Park ridge by 3 or 4 goals

Redcliffe over the line in a close game.

Carrara over UQ by 2 goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) - 2014 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back