QAFA (A) - 2014 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Early tips for this week.

Beenleigh should get the points this week for the bye.

Logan over Ipswich by 2 goals.

Park ridge by 3 or 4 goals

Redcliffe over the line in a close game.

Carrara over UQ by 2 goals.

Some big games this week in regards to the top 5 .

Ipswich to beat Logan and increase there chances of getting in the 5 .

Park ridge by a point to prove pine rivers don't travel well and are on the slide .

Just for you hoff Moorooka by 17 points to show the comp why they are undefeated and on top of the ladder

Carrara over uni by a couple of goals .

My tips for this weekend are:

Logan by 3-4 goals
Park Ridge by 2-3 goals
Redcliffe by 2-3 goals
UQ by 3-4 goals

So now that we are on the homestretch what are everyones predictions for:

1) Premiers and runner up
2) League Medal
4) Leading Goal kicker

Mine are:

1) Roosters to beat Redcliffe in the granny
2) Number 7 from the Roosters... is it J. Grainger?
3) Alan Flowers

People agree or disagree?

This weeks games
Ipswich 10 goals

Pine rivers 3-5 goals

Uni to strong for Carrara 5 goals

Moorooka v tigers

This will be a ripper
Preview GF
Will be tight all day roosters bye 20 points

My tips for this weekend are:

Logan by 3-4 goals
Park Ridge by 2-3 goals
Redcliffe by 2-3 goals
UQ by 3-4 goals

So now that we are on the homestretch what are everyones predictions for:

1) Premiers and runner up
2) League Medal
4) Leading Goal kicker

Mine are:

1) Roosters to beat Redcliffe in the granny
2) Number 7 from the Roosters... is it J. Grainger?
3) Alan Flowers

People agree or disagree?

Roosters and tigers granny .

Peck #19 park ridge for medal.

Flowers ,Colvin, Niven in that order for goals Flowers to kick his 100th in the grand final.

Team list are up for today ! Are roosters playing funny buggers? or do they genuinely have a handful of there regular out ?

I'm going to say tigers by 40 points but will have no direct result In standings or come finals .

Also congratulations to Bond on his 100th game today ! I believe there is another playing his 100th also.

I'll be at this game and will give a full wrap this evening .

The cats out of the bag qff...! Uni exams I believe has their best 4 or 5 out... I'm sure they will have decent cover though... Look forward to your report post match!

As if u don't know the scores spades .
Well I know redcliffe reserves have only conceded 1 point in 2 games and that point was scored last week.
And I also know that GM seniors put up a good fight.

But I want to know other scores.

Flowers ,Colvin, Niven in that
order for goals Flowers to kick his
100th in the grand final.
Team list are up for today ! Are
roosters playing funny buggers? or
do they genuinely have a handful
of there regular out ?
I'm going to say tigers by 40 points
but will have no direct result In
standings or come finals .
Also congratulations to Bond on his
100th game today ! I believe
there is another playing his 100th
also.
I'll be at this game and will give a
full wrap this evening .
Yeah mate true this game has no bearing on the finals, but congrats to Bondy & Bretto for a win on their 100th!

Saw Tigers v Roosters game & it was....enjoyable! Griffith missing 5 or 6 (3 quality) undermanned & Redcliffe with a few to come back it was a momentum shifting match. Shoot-out for the 1st then the home side found more space against a solid/heavy roosters outfit. An injury to the tigers FF hurt in the 3rd & the red & white won the third. Griffith's run dried up in the last after 5 mins of effort & it seemed "the loss they needed was conceded early"
A couple of points: Griffith are heavy...but really good in the air.
Flower (if no' 4) is LAZY & got beaten in 95% of his "efforts" - Spring is a gun.
GM were genuinely undermanned & still played well!
Didn't see the ressies but 150-odd to 0 & a couple out in the 1's loss doesn't scream depth!

Saw Tigers v Roosters game & it was....enjoyable! Griffith missing 5 or 6 (3 quality) undermanned & Redcliffe with a few to come back it was a momentum shifting match. Shoot-out for the 1st then the home side found more space against a solid/heavy roosters outfit. An injury to the tigers FF hurt in the 3rd & the red & white won the third. Griffith's run dried up in the last after 5 mins of effort & it seemed "the loss they needed was conceded early"
A couple of points: Griffith are heavy...but really good in the air.
Flower (if no' 4) is LAZY & got beaten in 95% of his "efforts" - Spring is a gun.
GM were genuinely undermanned & still played well!
Didn't see the ressies but 150-odd to 0 & a couple out in the 1's loss doesn't scream depth!

Spot on mate , both teams deserve enormous amounts of respect for different aspects of yesterday's game.

1st thing I thought it was great to see the Moorooka players and coaches stay around for a few beers and a yarn afterward, loosing your first game for the year and sticking around to get to know your rivals, I applaud both teams on this conduct.

The game was played in flows but looked like tigers could break away early, I listened to both huddles and both coaches at different times and praise the level head on both teams.

Clearly roosters missing a couple #7 was missed but #30 picked up his slack

and I noticed about 6 roosters I hadn't seen In the senior side before. I expected to hear a few excuses but surprisingly none from both camps .

to be honest I think tigers deserved a very hard fought win but won't rest on that when the 2 teams meet again.

It was a great crowed to be involved in and the 2 playing there 100 games were treated with a huge amount of respect from players,supporters,coaches and opposition.

Great day all round .

I look forward to seeing these 2 sides play of for the premiership.

Flowers ,Colvin, Niven in that order for goals Flowers to kick his 100th in the grand final.

Team list are up for today ! Are roosters playing funny buggers? or do they genuinely have a handful of there regular out ?

I'm going to say tigers by 40 points but will have no direct result In standings or come finals .

Also congratulations to Bond on his 100th game today ! I believe there is another playing his 100th also.

I'll be at this game and will give a full wrap this evening .
Mate your mail is correct , and there is no funny buggers being play by the roosters , my mail tells me , exams are the reason out , Gallagher , butler , Grainger , and flowers in doubt with work commitment This will be a task for the roosters I'm still backing them find

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That last post was sent yesterday not sure why it took so long ,
Anyway what a great game credit to the tigers , good bunch of blokes ,
I spoke to the GM coach last night and not an excuse was made , he was very proud of his boys and looks forward to there next game after the break

Mate your mail is correct , and there is no funny buggers being play by the roosters , my mail tells me , exams are the reason out , Gallagher , butler , Grainger , and flowers in doubt with work commitment This will be a task for the roosters I'm still backing them find

Gallangher and flower played didn't they? So GM was only missing 2? Jordy & butler?

I think u will find no excuses
Gallangher and flower played didn't they? So GM was only missing 2? Jordy & butler?

I think u will find no excuses from gm that was there 22 for the day and that's footy all teams have people in and out each week . Like I said that's footy . Anyone heading for a look at the game today ? I am here and it's perfect conditions and a big game in the scope of things .ladderwise uni need a win to help there finals chances alive

I think u will find no excuses

I think u will find no excuses from gm that was there 22 for the day and that's footy all teams have people in and out each week . Like I said that's footy . Anyone heading for a look at the game today ? I am here and it's perfect conditions and a big game in the scope of things .ladderwise uni need a win to help there finals chances alive

Although the sun was out it was far from perfect conditions out there this arvo. With the bit of rain overnight and 3 games on the track yesterday, Oval 7 was very muddy and slow.

The skill level definitely suffered as both teams had to scrap for the footy. Carrara came out of the blocks firing and took the game on, then pushed us all the way to the end.

Good hard contest, and good to see that we were able to push through for the win even with lots of numbers out. Carrara will test sides through to the end of the year and may claim a few scalps along the way.

Although the sun was out it was far from perfect conditions out there this arvo. With the bit of rain overnight and 3 games on the track yesterday, Oval 7 was very muddy and slow.

The skill level definitely suffered as both teams had to scrap for the footy. Carrara came out of the blocks firing and took the game on, then pushed us all the way to the end.

Good hard contest, and good to see that we were able to push through for the win even with lots of numbers out. Carrara will test sides through to the end of the year and may claim a few scalps along the way.

Hi Spooner thanks for the match report. How did the 2s game go?

Getting in early with my tips this weekend:

UQ by six goal
Carrara by 5 goals
Redcliffe by 4 goals
Pine Rivers by 7 goals

Ok lads,
Some of us are off to the comp mid season review tomorrow night with the hierarchy. I think all clubs have a rep going but if u have any legitimate issues that you would like raised - perhaps in principle on a no names basis- free to post here and we will take it up tomorrow night.

Ok lads,
Some of us are off to the comp mid season review tomorrow night with the hierarchy. I think all clubs have a rep going but if u have any legitimate issues that you would like raised - perhaps in principle on a no names basis- free to post here and we will take it up tomorrow night.

UQ facing every team as they come off the bye! Although I'm sure you are already onto this oldman... ;)

Ok lads,
Ask them about the Logan Beenleigh merger." And when they say its on the cards" Thank them on Cobras behalf for stuffing their club up for the past 15 years. The wheel is about to turn full circle. Welcome to the "Southern stars" KP,NP,.....

Ok lads,

I'd like to see a set list of send of-able offences for the umpires to use. It's way too easy for umpires to just send a bloke of without a legitimate reason.

For the record, I don't like the send off rule at all. If it's enough to send someone off it should be enough to report them.

Wild Wednesday tips.

Beenleigh to surprise everyone and get over the line for their first win.

Carrara to smash Logan

Redcliffe too strong over Park Ridge

Pine Rivers hopefully by a good 4+ goals over Ipswich.

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) - 2014 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back