QAFA (A) - 2014 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok lads,
Some of us are off to the comp mid season review tomorrow night with the hierarchy. I think all clubs have a rep going but if u have any legitimate issues that you would like raised - perhaps in principle on a no names basis- free to post here and we will take it up tomorrow night.
I just want to know if they have a cheese platter or something to eat there. If so why wasn't I invited .

Wild Wednesday tips.

Beenleigh to surprise everyone and get over the line for their first win.

Carrara to smash Logan

Redcliffe too strong over Park Ridge

Pine Rivers hopefully by a good 4+ goals over Ipswich.

Agree with all ure tips spades and this Saturday will see a new team on top of the ladder for the first time in 2014 with redcliffe winning they will go 2 up on the roosters . Getting down to the important end of the season and the bottom 3 spots in the 5 are still far from sorted plenty of movement still to go in that part of the ladder one or 2 upsets and any of the 5 teams sitting 2-7 could make the 5. Looking forward to watching some good footy over the next month .

Ask them about the Logan Beenleigh merger." And when they say its on the cards" Thank them on Cobras behalf for stuffing their club up for the past 15 years. The wheel is about to turn full circle. Welcome to the "Southern stars" KP,NP,.....

Banana I know ure probably all vb"d out and tucked up in bed but can u please explain what the southern stars are ? Is there going to be a new franchise in 2015?

Ask them about the Logan Beenleigh merger." And when they say its on the cards" Thank them on Cobras behalf for stuffing their club up for the past 15 years. The wheel is about to turn full circle. Welcome to the "Southern stars" KP,NP,.....

I'm going to assume your NP is directed at me I'm confused why would I be playing for them? Don't I play for the roosters ?? Are the roosters merging ! Dam it snakes eyes why didn't my brother tell me ? Is he hiding something? Snakes does he hate me ?

Banana I know ure probably all vb"d out and tucked up in bed but can u please explain what the southern stars are ? Is there going to be a new franchise in 2015?
I'm surprised by that comment. I know you that you know whats in the pipeline. I thought you might go on the committee of the Cobras/buffs. outfit next year.
Funny how I pleaeded with Richard Griffiths 15 years ago. I Implored it would wreck our club. But Richard knew better. And now. we are about to go back to the future. Just need Kiwi to return now!:(

I'm going to assume your NP is directed at me I'm confused why would I be playing for them? Don't I play for the roosters ?? Are the roosters merging ! Dam it snakes eyes why didn't my brother tell me ? Is he hiding something? Snakes does he hate me ?
My mistake, NP. would have thought you played with your brothers ......

I'm surprised by that comment. I know you that you know whats in the pipeline. I thought you might go on the committee of the Cobras/buffs. outfit next year.
Funny how I pleaeded with Richard Griffiths 15 years ago. I Implored it would wreck our club. But Richard knew better. And now. we are about to go back to the future. Just need Kiwi to return now!:(

The Bogan Cuffaloes?

I herd from a good source today that beenleigh , Logan are meeting this week and is 85 per cent gonna happen and have already started talking to coaches will be interesting

I will be putting my hand up for president banana

I herd from a good source today that beenleigh , Logan are meeting this week and is 85 per cent gonna happen and have already started talking to coaches will be interesting

Hoff would u care to share more u are obviously right up to speed on this topic.

Bahahahaha! The Lone-Leigh
Buff-Bras!
If this ever happened the winner would be Carrara! 88 guys that hate 50% of their team mates.... Redcliffe are merging with Caboolture who are merging with Pine Rivers & training on the 3 separate grounds at Burpengary!
While we're at it Griffith Uni are merging with Mooroka...
If this ever happened (along
with bigfoot riding the loch
ness monster at niagra falls)
then the current senior playing
group at Beenleigh (the youthful development players) are welcome at Redcliffe in 2015... Plenty of employment opportunities locally - eg railway construction

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting rumours there boys re mergers. Is not a bad idea imo - sometimes think Qld footy is flooded with senior football clubs which obviously dilutes talent pool, divides resources (both playing and sponsorship) and does nothing for the strength of the overall code. I have often felt that AFL powers believe the strength of the code is based around how MANY clubs are in existence, not the relative strength of those clubs and the ability to stay alive. Too many volunteers put too much time in to be flogging a dead horse imo. Nothing wrong with numerous junior clubs but there is no reason why a junior club has to turn into a senior club in due course if there is already senior clubs in the region. Create an affiliation of some sort that gives the boys who want to, a clear path to senior footy at whatever standard. But no, egos get in the road, some committee blokes think that the holy grail must be a senior club and decide this is the natural transition. Put fwd a proposal to head office, a guy in Brisbane says "yeah that looks ok, another tick in my box for the development of footy in Qld" and bingo you have a senior club that is doing nothing but dividing the limited numbers in the area already. There is absolutley nothign wrong with being an excellent junior football club imo, one that creates relationships with a number of different senior clubs and pushes their boys in various ways to these clubs in due course once they turn 17. Redcliffe/Caboolture would be a good mix and utilise the incredible facility at Burpengary, as would Logan/Beenleigh i imagine. No doubt a few others.

Buff-Bras!
If this ever happened the winner would be Carrara! 88 guys that hate 50% of their team mates.... Redcliffe are merging with Caboolture who are merging with Pine Rivers & training on the 3 separate grounds at Burpengary!
group at Beenleigh (the youthful development players) are welcome at Redcliffe in 2015... Plenty of employment opportunities locally - eg railway construction

You really think local people will be asked to build that railway line??

Buff-Bras!
liger.jpg

Any truth the rumors that you and another buffs premiership star and 3 X club bnf winner will be making a cameo this weekend to get the there skip a win on his 100th???

First i have heard mate :)

I wouldnt think there would be much benefit in getting this old dog out there.

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) - 2014 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back