QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably need QAFL_Fan to chime in on that one, if he was there. He knows all the players. I don't. I can tell u that the Redcliffe fans sitting in the licensed area were seriously out of form !! Plenty of sledges flying across the fence, but contained zero wit or humour. They definitely need to sharpen up come the start of the season !!
Mate that's exactly what we thought about those blokes as well. Nothing they said all day had any wit or sence. I suppose thier trying to sharpen thier skills as well. Not sure they will get there.

Did woodies have Dobson, baker, Mika, jroz, toohey and mihalopoulas?

Dobson, mica and baker yes, the others no. Over heard the coach say they had around 10 starters missing and a handful of 1st gamers. Redcliffe clearly more organised, a windy day didn't help the skills but you could see that they were running pretty well and trying to spread the footy. Looked like a good hitout for both sides. A few of those woodies blew up pretty quick when the first qtr went for 5 extra minutes haha

Woodsmen did have about 10 of our better players to come back in. And about 6 guys who never played before. But we also had about 4 or 5 guys who have played top level afl in queensland. Credit to Redcliffe they were the better side on the day and besides a couple guys the majority of them seemed like really good blokes.

Skills between the two sides and attack on the ball was very equal. But redcliffe were to fit and as the game went on they took more control with more numbers at the contest. i don't think there is a massive gap between the top qaflb sides and a lot of the qafl senior sides. But I guess we will see how wynnum go this year might give us more of an idea.

Good fun to play a higher grade team and I hope the preseason comp happens again next year.

Agreed, its definitely an interesting concept. You can tell the qafa A teams are that bit fitter, bit more organised and have a little more quality across their 22. It'll be interesting to see how the Vikings handle the step up.

Bond University 15.12.102 defeated Coomera 9.5.59 - Im sorry? is this a mistake?

Ipswich 9.8.62 defeated Griffith Moorooka 6.5.41

Redcliffe 8.4.52 defeated Woodsmen 5.2.32

Went to Watch Ippy v GM yesterday ,

Both looked rusty , wasn't the best game to watch ,

Ippy have improved and will be defenetly in the top half

GM were out of shorts but I'm sure they will build momentum
As they go .

You could here the ippy bench from the motorway not a good look but I'm sure this be address during the week .

Umpire was at its QLD standard not good .

As they go .

You could here the ippy bench from the motorway not a good look but I'm sure this be address during the week .

GM were out of shorts? They must be spending too much money on their players!

Hi king
You must be someone close to GM or a pissed off ex player , can you tell us who is being payed , and how much they are getting
You seem very bitter toward them

I took it as his attempt at humour from your previous post. As in, you guys didn't have enough footy shorts, and that was because a few pages back people were suggesting that GM were paying players.

I myself didn't really understand what you meant when you said they were out of shorts but will build momentum ???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As they go .

By the looks of your post Billy both teams weren't at the top of their game and I will assume (Yes sorry Morro) that both sides will improve as the season progresses just like the the umpires who had a crack at this game will also improve with more footy.

By the looks of your post Billy both teams weren't at the top of their game and I will assume (Yes sorry Morro) that both sides will improve as the season progresses just like the the umpires who had a crack at this game will also improve with more footy.

Can't teach an old dog new tricks

Mmm wouldn't say beware the eagles when it was just a practice match against from what looked like an under-strength Moorooka side going by the AFLQ website. If anyone is predicting how good each side this year is going to go by practice matches has rocks in their head. Only have to look back when Carlton won the NAB Cup and finished dead last in the home and away season.
mmmmm randall i was there saturday and i suspect that the eagles will win a lot more than they lose and will be right in the mix at the business end of the year, and for you to say that moorooka was under strength whats to say that the eagles had their full list playing? cause i can assure you that they defiantly didn't. Also i think if any body on here seen the game they would also say that moorooka got away with a fair bit once they started losing or more like relised they weren't going to win they tried to go the biff quite a few head high shots especially on the eagles number 1 rover who is possibly the best rover in the comp unlucky not to win the b&f last year and then also trying to snipe hooper as well number 11 for moorooka is probably the dirtiest player in the comp, Hooper and brick and the eagles new ruckman will dominate this year. id suspect the eagles will be just trying to improve on last year as they have been pretty quite over pre-season and not making any bold predictions like other teams, Ive been told that hooper has signed for 3 years so he would be in the early stages of rebuilding the ipswich club, so this year would be improving and adding a few new players,blooding a few young players as well and most likely aim for the premiership next season with a few more new players but in saying that anything is possible this year, Moorooka maybe the favourites but there are quite a few teams that will be quite capable of knocking them off on their day including the eagles

mmmmm randall i was there saturday and i suspect that the eagles will win a lot more than they lose and will be right in the mix at the business end of the year, and for you to say that moorooka was under strength whats to say that the eagles had their full list playing? cause i can assure you that they defiantly didn't. Also i think if any body on here seen the game they would also say that moorooka got away with a fair bit once they started losing or more like relised they weren't going to win they tried to go the biff quite a few head high shots especially on the eagles number 1 rover who is possibly the best rover in the comp unlucky not to win the b&f last year and then also trying to snipe hooper as well number 11 for moorooka is probably the dirtiest player in the comp, Hooper and brick and the eagles new ruckman will dominate this year. id suspect the eagles will be just trying to improve on last year as they have been pretty quite over pre-season and not making any bold predictions like other teams, Ive been told that hooper has signed for 3 years so he would be in the early stages of rebuilding the ipswich club, so this year would be improving and adding a few new players,blooding a few young players as well and most likely aim for the premiership next season with a few more new players but in saying that anything is possible this year, Moorooka maybe the favourites but there are quite a few teams that will be quite capable of knocking them off on their day including the eagles

It would pay for clubs to video games against GM as I've heard rumors even their coach has suggested opposition players to injure, and we've all see the injury toll left by certain GM players.

It's good to see Hooper having a great influence in Ipswich. He has gone missing at clubs in the past, so nice to hear positive things coming out of Ipswich.

It would pay for clubs to video games against GM as I've heard rumors even their coach has suggested opposition players to injure, and we've all see the injury toll left by certain GM players.

It's good to see Hooper having a great influence in Ipswich. He has gone missing at clubs in the past, so nice to hear positive things coming out of Ipswich.
Seriously, video games, you have heard rumors their coach suggested what. Dangerous to post that rubbish based on a rumor Axe

You are kidding yourself mate.....
Gets a bit rough want to tape every game l

Hoopers probly back for free alcohol and cash flow. Didnt realize we play netball now too better video just in case they bump too hard girls dick.

best of luck ducky seems like your on the right track

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back