QAFA (A) 2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Spooner I might be wired differently to you - but I find winning fun - I don't know too many people that are happy having a kick with their mates regardless of the result. That said the environment UQ have created over the years with the different teams is a very unique situation.

Player movement as stated by Billy is swings and roundabouts - Flowers and templar have almost had as many clubs between them as KP :) (side note has it resulted in either of them playing in a winning gf?) point being clubs don't mind when players come to them from other clubs but think its underhanded when they leave.

Basically every club in QLD has gone through ups and downs in the last 10 years - strap yourself in because its going to keep happening! look at the ups and downs the likes of Kedron, Wynnum, Robina, Beenleigh, Logan, Redcliffe, Caloundra, Maroochy, Cooly & Nambour to name a few have experienced.

Its not limited to footy at this level - look at the AFL for example - collingwood supporters hail treloar and Aish in one breathe yet are baying for Nathan Freeman's blood because he dare leave them.

None of this makes it right or wrong - but fighting and complaining about the inevitable is a waste of time and energy.

No one ever complained about people leaving as that would be stupid of us to do so as people leave/move interstate/go up and so on. However, 8 players leaving one club to go an play with another team in the same comp is a completely different kettle of fish.

Really poor form from the players and the Pirates here.

Even worse for Blocker to come on here and claim he 'feels' for Webby. If you felt for him, you would ring him and tell him that all his players have gone Judas on him so they at least have a heads up.

Not that I have to justify anything to you QAFL, but we did contact Webby about this very situation about 3-4 weeks ago just to set you straight.

Not sure how we are getting shit canned for doing same as every other club does and has done for the past 100 years. If a quality player or players lob on your door step are you going to tell them to go away? Please?

There has been more than the 6 players we have leave the club. I don't here Beenleigh, Robina, Alex Hills getting slammed for having near same number of players.

I have no issues with Simmo and what he has said, and it could happen to us in the future. The key is why it has happened and only people inside the Chooks will know that.

If players want to follow coaches , team mates etc, not much will ever stop them.

I am cool with everyone having a say on the forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion, but let's keep it in perspective.

As Brother of Chunk put it every club will probably go through the same thing during their time as a footy club.

To everyone slamming the Pirates if players want to join the Pirates let them ... You never know the real story about why a bloke moves clubs but they wouldn't be moving if it wasn't the right move for them so just respect the players decision and move on also There's clearly something attractive about the club it doesn't matter if it's money, mates or culture rather than sook about it focus on improving your own club so blokes want to stay.. It's fair game any club is allowed to try and recruit players and the Pirates have done really well recruiting this year so hats off to them but as blocker said it needs to convert on the score board or it means nothing

To my knowledge the main bulk of guys that moved to the pirates are the same guys that the now reserves coach of pirates originally brought to the Roosters in the first place. So no love lost there as they have always moved together. Of course there is a few add ons to that, one of which did purely because he moved out that way and another who obviously clicked with the main group of guys.
So to put whole blame the onto the pirates is absolutely ridiculous.
And unless things turn around at the Roosters (and i really hope they do) a few more could end up there yet.

Just my two cents, take it how you will.

To my knowledge the main bulk of guys that moved to the pirates are the same guys that the now reserves coach of pirates originally brought to the Roosters in the first place. So no love lost there as they have always moved together. Of course there is a few add ons to that, one of which did purely because he moved out that way and another who obviously clicked with the main group of guys.
So to put whole blame the onto the pirates is absolutely ridiculous.
And unless things turn around at the Roosters (and i really hope they do) a few more could end up there yet.

Just my two cents, take it how you will.
Out of curiosity which of the players did the pirates reserve coach bring down to the Roosters ?as out of 6 players I can think of --- - Lingy came on his own with a suttle nudge plus family history.
-Jordy was always a Rooster since under18s
-Luky V was a div down and brought across
From Jimboomba
-Brian Watts
As far as I was aware Nick was only friends with his nephew , Mitchy Fryer and as for Justin Vasterink he will play where ever his brother plays so technically thats only 2 that Nick brought with him so this BS about these guys moving around clubs together.
So please feel me in Roostersman05

Out of curiosity which of the players did the pirates reserve coach bring down to the Roosters ?as out of 6 players I can think of --- - Lingy came on his own with a suttle nudge plus family history.
From Jimboomba
-Brian Watts
As far as I was aware Nick was only friends with his nephew , Mitchy Fryer and as for Justin Vasterink he will play where ever his brother plays so technically thats only 2 that Nick brought with him so this BS about these guys moving around clubs together.

My understanding was that Fyer came from the Buffs also originally so have played together for quite a few years. Vasters and watts were always going as they always wanted to play hense the numerous time mitch wanted to get to the roosters.
Watts prob the closest with nicko at the club so in my eyes they were always going along for the ride. Lingy left as he moved out there and was always playing close to where he lived, be it logan, roosters or pirates. The only 2 that throw me was jordie and Valdez

Last edited:
To everyone slamming the Pirates if players want to join the Pirates let them ... You never know the real story about why a bloke moves clubs but they wouldn't be moving if it wasn't the right move for them so just respect the players decision and move on also There's clearly something attractive about the club it doesn't matter if it's money, mates or culture rather than sook about it focus on improving your own club so blokes want to stay.. It's fair game any club is allowed to try and recruit players and the Pirates have done really well recruiting this year so hats off to them but as blocker said it needs to convert on the score board or it means nothing
Theres clearly NO Respect ! As for something attractive about the club I can agree is the players are being feeled with empty promises, given there are rumours the pirates are linked to a big team in Victoria and a chance to play down there , if there any truth to this? Because how I see it there is really only 1 maybe 2 that are true stars to be talented to go all the and have a chance if this is the case! The rest are weekend warriors who enjoy having a kick and drinking beer with mates

Theres clearly NO Respect ! As for something attractive about the club I can agree is the players are being feeled with empty promises, given there are rumours the pirates are linked to a big team in Victoria and a chance to play down there , if there any truth to this? Because how I see it there is really only 1 maybe 2 that are true stars to be talented to go all the and have a chance if this is the case! The rest are weekend warriors who enjoy having a kick and drinking beer with mates

Out of curiosity what is the big club in Victoria ?
And if you think the players that are joining the Pirates are "weekend warriors" why do you care that they are leaving anyway ?

I don't see it as being disrespectful I mean all they are doing is trying to improve There club like anyone else

From my perspective, it's pretty obvious what's happened here. You have a group of players who, rightly or wrongly, see a premiership window closing at one club and a premiership opening at another, so, they've jumped ships. It's all about where they think the best chance of another flag is. As for loyalty, that's something to do with a Woolworths reward card.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant beleive you want to go to another club after all the support they gave you when you broke your leg. What happened to riding out the storm and giving back . Sometimes just being the last one on the sinking ship is all it takes to pay back all dues but you havent shown that at all. As for watts him and nic never knew each other. Given people move around and closer to other clubs Lingy is ONLY 12KLM away from the pen which equates to few more sets of lights and maybe 5mins more pfft

Sorry, did I miss something? Where did it say I'm leaving? Point me in the direction of that.

I'm still very much at the Roosters mate as thats where my heart is. Have I thought about other options? Hell ****ing yes. Who wouldn't when it looks like we cant field two teams let alone one. I'm here for the ride but in the worst case scenario, yeah ive made plans. Thats ****ing logical.

As for Watts, are you serious. They were practically joined at the hip haha

As for Lingy mate. Talk to him. I'm merely voicing what I've heard.

I know that's not true GM?
And you know this how Blocker
No one ever complained about people leaving as that would be stupid of us to do so as people leave/move interstate/go up and so on. However, 8 players leaving one club to go an play with another team in the same comp is a completely different kettle of fish.
Agreed 100% If people want to better them selves by all means I dont begrudge them for leaving to another div higher but moving on to another club chasing premierships isnt right.
100% behind you man

From Jimboomba
-Brian Watts

You'll find Jimmy played at Leopards before they moved across...

I have to admit from a club perspective it sure does hurt when you have a clear out. We had that at Wynnum after the 2012 season. We were playing QFA, made the top 5 and then lost a ton of players for the next season. Spent the next season in QFA getting smashed and scrathing to put two teams together each week. 2013 was a very tough year and there were a number of reasons why many guys left and probably many were quite justifiable but damn it still hurt for us guys who stayed and faced the consequences the next year. And that was not players leaving to join another club in the same comp. I think that would be pretty tough to take. I definitely think that round 1 game will be an interesting one.
But I will say the boys who did hang around formed a pretty good bond and has been good for the club. In saying all that of course which club would not accept new, good players with open arms? I think we would if anyone is interested!!!

Sorry, did I miss something? Where did it say I'm leaving? Point me in the direction of that.

I'm still very much at the Roosters mate as thats where my heart is. Have I thought about other options? Hell ******* yes. Who wouldn't when it looks like we cant field two teams let alone one. I'm here for the ride but in the worst case scenario, yeah ive made plans. Thats ******* logical.

As for Watts, are you serious. They were practically joined at the hip haha

As for Lingy mate. Talk to him. I'm merely voicing what I've heard.
The Buffs and I personally would like to let everyone know its nice to get a break from being on the receiving end of a shit canning.

Thanks everyone.
Um coreect me if Im wrong didnt you play at the Roosters Morro? You turn coat.....

So
The Buffs and I personally would like to let everyone know its nice to get a break from being on the receiving end of a shit canning.

Thanks everyone.
So you are like everyone else chasing premierships and in the process destroy a good club in the process. Your not alone either.

Um coreect me if Im wrong didnt you play at the Roosters Morro? You turn coat.....

I rocked up, put a jumper on and realised I should have stayed retired.

#makingupthenumbers
#tooold
#hasbeen

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) 2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back