QAFA (A) 2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Well promote a couple of kids from the reserves to play seniors in front of these permit mercenaries then.

As long as the rules are as they are re permit players, clubs are entitled to use them the best way they see fit. No point in paying out on these clubs, they're not breaking any rules.

In most cases in this division the blokes missing out dont want to play seniors anyway mate.
Wouldn't be many if any that would be disappointed.

Have to disagree with you there Morro. Sure there might be some guys in each club that are happy to have a kick around in the ressies but i think you would find there are blokes young and old in the ressies teams that would love to play seniors if they were selected. Hell I am 46 and playing for our ressies but would still be keen for a seniors selection!!

Have to disagree with you there Morro. Sure there might be some guys in each club that are happy to have a kick around in the ressies but i think you would find there are blokes young and old in the ressies teams that would love to play seniors if they were selected. Hell I am 46 and playing for our ressies but would still be keen for a seniors selection!!

I can tell you from my experience here in QLD that what I stated is 100% accurate at most clubs in this division.

These young kids you speak of , just want to play footy. 4 quarters in the ressies v 1/2 game in the seniors.

Just calling it how it is.

I can tell you from my experience here in QLD that what I stated is 100% accurate at most clubs in this division.

These young kids you speak of , just want to play footy. 4 quarters in the ressies v 1/2 game in the seniors.

Just calling it how it is.

I agree with you on this one Morro !!

Reckon buzz will become a very good coach the longer he does it. Would've learnt a lot over the years and not afraid to call it as he sees it. Would also know every trick in the book on how to avoid training so, if you are one of his players, don't even bother trying to pull the wool over his eyes. Also knows how to get under the skin of the opposition.

I have no idea what your talking about!!

I agree with you on this one Morro !!
Is that why your mob are going so well Kp
Sometime the kids getting half a game in the seniors is more beneficial then getting 40 touches in the ressies , if the kids at any club just want to play ressies then that club would be in a little trouble I would think .

But do love the debate this Morro seems to know his stuff .

I have no idea what your talking about!!
I herd you have not much of an idea about anything lol , jokes mate I also herd that you should been made the soul senior coach at GM as My mail tells me the one they appointed is not as good as they thought he would be .

I herd you have not much of an idea about anything lol , jokes mate I also herd that you should been made the soul senior coach at GM as My mail tells me the one they appointed is not as good as they thought he would be .

Your right, I have no idea about what I'm doing!
But I think your mail on Simmo not being as good as "they" thought he would be is way off!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just calm down mate.
Your right Morro Queensland football is a totally different kettle of fish, nothing like it is in Victoria . Most ressie footballers are happy to kick the dew of the ground with the odd exception . Normally when someone has been dropped from the ones he won't like playing in the two's but because of the numbers available they are happy to stay there.

Big round of football for those chasing 4th/5th spots ......
vic pt v ippy. ....
moorooka v wynnum. ....chooks good at home..
Carrara v buffs
talk of b/f in comp.......got to say in the ressies mighty pirate is playing great football ...reckon he's been best on at least 5 games. .....doing a great job educating our young boys ...

vic pt v ippy. ....
Carrara v buffs
talk of b/f in comp.......got to say in the ressies mighty pirate is playing great football ...reckon he's been best on at least 5 games. .....doing a great job educating our young boys ...
Buffs are certainties, 5th between Wynnum or Vic Point I'm tipping

Hope you're right karma but I reckon it will come down to the last round, if the buffs can beat Ipswich at limestone, they will play finals, if not, they may miss.
I agree Twinkles, big last round, Buffs will have little dramas against Eagles too much to play for, Suns have Vic Point last round. Kedron v Pirates and will play each other following week also. Big last round.
Good to see your Hawks seniors stringing a few wins together recently, was beginning to think you were stacking the two's a month ago lol.
Sadly I think you will get the points against my old side the Bloods in a couple of weeks in both grades, they struggling this year.

I agree Twinkles, big last round, Buffs will have little dramas against Eagles too much to play for, Suns have Vic Point last round. Kedron v Pirates and will play each other following week also. Big last round.
Good to see your Hawks seniors stringing a few wins together recently, was beginning to think you were stacking the two's a month ago lol.
Sadly I think you will get the points against my old side the Bloods in a couple of weeks in both grades, they struggling this year.
Cheers karma, yeah our ones have turned their season around and should make finals now but we will need to beat your warrandyte boys on the way. Agree, the last round up there should be a cracker.

vic pt v ippy. ....
Carrara v buffs

Spot on PI, the old Mighty Pirate has had a very solid year and it would be great to see him poll well in a League B&F Count. Was the back bone of Calamvale for a lot of years and would be a fitting result.

Big changes I reckon for our comp next year I reckon. In some case will be for the better.

Apparently a few clubs from QAFA B wanting to come up and might a few from above come down.

Little bit to play out but overall I think the concept put forward to all the President's on Monday night was greeted with green light.

Spot on PI, the old Mighty Pirate has had a very solid year and it would be great to see him poll well in a League B&F Count. Was the back bone of Calamvale for a lot of years and would be a fitting result.

Big changes I reckon for our comp next year I reckon. In some case will be for the better.

Apparently a few clubs from QAFA B wanting to come up and might a few from above come down.

Little bit to play out but overall I think the concept put forward to all the President's on Monday night was greeted with green light.
Can you shed anymore light on this proposed concept you speak of blocker ?

Apart from Jimboomba, I can't see any other QAFA B clubs wanting to move competitions?

None of the 3rds would want to, or be able to and the standalones in Woodsmen, Zillmere, Ferny, Colly Park seem mostly aligned to Friday night games.

Apart from Jimboomba, I can't see any other QAFA B clubs wanting to move competitions?

None of the 3rds would want to, or be able to and the standalones in Woodsmen, Zillmere, Ferny, Colly Park seem mostly aligned to Friday night games.
Unfortunately for you, your only source of information -- SportingPulse -- doesn't have the answer this time. No problem, just make up some shit as per your normal alternative option.

Can you shed anymore light on this proposed concept you speak of blocker ?

Hopefully not speaking out of school but I think the whole footy will convert back to Div 1(being QAFL) Div 2 (Best sides in QAFA North & South) Div 3 (will more than likely be Pirates, Suns, Kedron, Coomera, Cooly, Alex Hills, Moreton and maybe Aspley? DIv 4 (will be QAFA A teams left plus any clubs pushing up with 2 teams) Div 5 Friday night footy.

Before everyone jumps down my throat it is my opinion and maybe not all actual facts. Some clubs may see their position a little different.

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) 2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back