Redcliffe vs Kedron - Lions by 50
Vic. Point vs Ipswich - Sharks by 26

Reserves:
Roosters by 2
Saints by 31
Suns by 49
Tigers by 12
Sharks by 5

Hopefully not speaking out of school but I think the whole footy will convert back to Div 1(being QAFL) Div 2 (Best sides in QAFA North & South) Div 3 (will more than likely be Pirates, Suns, Kedron, Coomera, Cooly, Alex Hills, Moreton and maybe Aspley? DIv 4 (will be QAFA A teams left plus any clubs pushing up with 2 teams) Div 5 Friday night footy.

Before everyone jumps down my throat it is my opinion and maybe not all actual facts. Some clubs may see their position a little different.

Pretty much agree with that structure, though not sure they need 5 divs.

QAFL
QFA -best of north/south
QAFA A (leftovers from QFA + QAFA)
QAFA B

If there is too many for QAFA, split that Div north/south instead of the nominal div 2

QAFL
QFA -best of north/south
QAFA B

If there is too many for QAFA, split that Div north/south instead of the nominal div 2

I think you are right Thomo, but that would mean nearly 16 teams in that comp so it will be split in two divisions.

I think then there may be promote and relegation between Div 3 & Div 4 as well.

The theory is that most clubs would prefer to travel and have more competitive games rather than having north and South type comps. So I think it will be based on club preference and nomination to where they play, but if too many in certain Divs may be some form of preseason grading games if required.

QAFL
QFA -best of north/south
QAFA B

Maybe the current comp you play in Thomo needs to be looked at as well in regards to putting teams where they are competitive or even they may look at a one team comp on Saturdays as well.

I think all cards are on the table. I must say the communication between clubs and AFLQ is the best it's been for a long time.

I am sure whatever we end up with it will be exciting and all teams will be in comps where they are competitive and hopefully no weekly 200 point hidings . Can only be good for QLD footy.

Seniors:
G.Moorooka vs Wynnum - Roosters by 31
Carrara vs Beenleigh - Buffaloes by 49
Pine Rivers vs SES - Suns by 48
Redcliffe vs Kedron - Lions by 50
Vic. Point vs Ipswich - Sharks by 26

Reserves:
Roosters by 2
Saints by 31
Suns by 49
Tigers by 12
Sharks by 5

Rooster by 17
Carrara in an upset by 5
Suns by 21
Kedron by 80
Sharks by 75

Maybe the current comp you play in Thomo needs to be looked at as well in regards to putting teams where they are competitive or even they may look at a one team comp on Saturdays as well.

I think all cards are on the table. I must say the communication between clubs and AFLQ is the best it's been for a long time.

I am sure whatever we end up with it will be exciting and all teams will be in comps where they are competitive and hopefully no weekly 200 point hidings . Can only be good for QLD footy.

We're not too worried about it.

We will remain a Friday night team. Most of our players can't play Saturday for a variety of different reasons. Be it work, family, coaching, whatever.

Many would be quite capable of playing at higher levels, others wouldn't be. But nearly all play with us to keep weekends free.

So even if there was a Saturday comp that catered for teams with no reserves it wouldn't attract us. ( and i suspect a few others)

So next week you will be playing with half a team ?

We should cobble together a team for a single saturday game (our only one of the season) but it will be a struggle, as it always has been.

Usually i have to umpire as well, which makes us short another player.

If we had to do it every week, we couldn't sustain it. Not a chance.

Its why we refused to agree to the fixture change, as we wouldn't have been able to field a side in 3 weeks time on a saturday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully not speaking out of school but I think the whole footy will convert back to Div 1(being QAFL) Div 2 (Best sides in QAFA North & South) Div 3 (will more than likely be Pirates, Suns, Kedron, Coomera, Cooly, Alex Hills, Moreton and maybe Aspley? DIv 4 (will be QAFA A teams left plus any clubs pushing up with 2 teams) Div 5 Friday night footy.

Before everyone jumps down my throat it is my opinion and maybe not all actual facts. Some clubs may see their position a little different.

Liking this idea Blocker.

getting a bit desperate as the season slips away from you Thommo?

Bit harsh here I feel.

A bloke is aloud to ask for a couple of players to help out. Been done before and I'm sure it'll be done many times again.

Hope you got the full 22 you needed Thommo!

Out of interest have redcliffe considered switching their entire seniors and ressies teams ? Must make for a sorry site when theirs seniors lose the intra club.

Out of interest have redcliffe considered switching their entire seniors and ressies teams ? Must make for a sorry site when theirs seniors lose the intra club.
In all honestly our slow fat old blokes in the ressies were just a bit better then yours today .was a good game . FYI our ones would spank our two's !

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) 2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back