QAFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

The council don’t do it for free though. I think from memory Maroochydore pay around $60k to council to have their oval maintained. Not sure it would cost over $100k for a club to look after their own ground annually? Would it?
]

$90-100k, but usually shared between junior/senior clubs.

Dunno what Maroochy spend in a completely different council.

I'm not at liberty to share what was revealed at the meeting, only to say that the GC clubs spend substantially less!

So if the predicted rain fall of upto 5ml happens tomoz then which teams are more suited to wet footy?

I’d say Surfers would be more suited to a muddy dog fight?

Does it give Labrador more of a chance v Broadbeach whom are renown to be a skilful pretty side and don’t like getting their hands dirty?

Would Mt.Gravatt fancy themselves more or less at Palmy if the ground is chopped up?

Does it make Morniside nervous after losing to Sandgate earlier in the season?

Ablett,
reading the weather forecast , most of the rain is not due to saturday evening into sunday ... if this occurs as predicted , there will be no real wet weather footy effecting any side

The way footy is played these days, wet weather will effect the tall big bodied players more then ths side with pace,,,, as contested ball smaller players will have more influence on the game then the tall, bigger bodied players

So, Surfers beat the Magpies ,,, in the finals , Magpies mothballs. Morningside grab 3rd spot when the Vultures go down narrowly to Palmy .
Watsched Broadbeach take care of the Tigers today .... one big plus was the performance of Mcguane ,,, coming good he is and will be invaluable in the finals.

Heres one for the AFLQ to look into its history books ; be it Broadbeach have had the leading comp goalkickers in each grade .
Fowler with 57 in the seniors
Rolfe with 51 in the reserves
Crow with 35 in the colts.

So, Surfers beat the Magpies ,,, in the finals , Magpies mothballs. Morningside grab 3rd spot when the Vultures go down narrowly to Palmy .
Watsched Broadbeach take care of the Tigers today .... one big plus was the performance of Mcguane ,,, coming good he is and will be invaluable in the finals.

So was I the only on here that picked Surfers to make the 5?
Never rated Western Magpies.
If Surfers Win this week then the loser of Bbeach/ Morningside would be nervous.

If Surfers Win this week then the loser of Bbeach/ Morningside would be nervous.

Ablett,
final 5 teams are so even its not funny ( even Palmy) are in danger of losing finals games in this extraordinary 2018 comp .Thus, all teams will be nervous

Ablett,
final 5 teams are so even its not funny ( even Palmy) are in danger of losing finals games in this extraordinary 2018 comp .Thus, all teams will be nervous

Yeah I reckon the coaching department has a big impact in an even final series , a few wrong moves could cost a game and a few right moves could win a flag, coaches handling the pressure will be the key.

Also with Southport making the finals would effect players returning to their home club in the finals to top them up.

Yeah I reckon the coaching department has a big impact in an even final series , a few wrong moves could cost a game and a few right moves could win a flag, coaches handling the pressure will be the key.

Also with Southport making the finals would effect players returning to their home club in the finals to top them up.

Ablett ,, agree ... will be which side is on song on game day .... must say what a effort by Surfers ,, good stuff

I picked them surely - haha
Magpies lost too many early - big effort to get their season back on track

Special effort from our coaches and players
Nothing to be taken for granted from here - palmy still favs ahead of everyone else I think

I picked them surely - haha
Magpies lost too many early - big effort to get their season back on track

Special effort from our coaches and players
Nothing to be taken for granted from here - palmy still favs ahead of everyone else I think

Yeah besides yourself I reckon I’m the only one else who gave Surfers a chance.

Palmy still favourites but their odds ain’t as short now as they were 2 months ago.

Pretty sure Palmy would be hoping Surfers are knocked out early and don’t have to face them in the big dance.

I’m tipping Surfers and Broadbeach to win at home next weekend.
Surfers by 10pts and Broadbeach by 30pts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dezario ,,, a method to my madness ..lol
The Cats have not been performing to their playing list ability at all over the past 6 weeks , yes have still found a way to win but if they are not on song this weekend , I feel they will not win ... on the opposite side of the coin , if they turn up and play to the lists ability , I feel they will win by 6 or 7 goals.

Dezario ,,, a method to my madness ..lol
The Cats have not been performing to their playing list ability at all over the past 6 weeks , yes have still found a way to win but if they are not on song this weekend , I feel they will not win ... on the opposite side of the coin , if they turn up and play to the lists ability , I feel they will win by 6 or 7 goals.

Obviously not a true supporter. Hope broady win by 10 goals to make you look stupid.

Predictions

Grogan: Harwood or Erickson
Any suggestions for Rising Star? Would have to be one from PBC or Broady surely?

Broadbeach by 40
Vultures by 5

Harwood no chance for Grogan would have thought, has been largely disappointing given his age and experience form what I've seen. Had he delivered close to what some would have expected, they would be playing finals.

Having said that, I doubt we'll ever see a team with a percentage of 140 odd miss finals ever again. Bizarre stuff.

Erickson, Cornish, Panozza and either of the Haberfields would have to be up there I reckon.

Harwood no chance for Grogan would have thought, has been largely disappointing given his age and experience form what I've seen. Had he delivered close to what some would have expected, they would be playing finals.

Having said that, I doubt we'll ever see a team with a percentage of 140 odd miss finals ever again. Bizarre stuff.

Erickson, Cornish, Panozza and either of the Haberfields would have to be up there I reckon.

Grogan: Wearne, Morningside - best on ground in most of their wins and not many pinching votes from him.

Broadbeach v Morningside will be close at half time and I expect Broadbeach to kick away half way thru the 3rd qtr til the end.

Surfers to win in a close one after losing a close one at Vulture land a fortnight ago.

Grogan to be a tie

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Back