QAFL 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Very good appointment
I’m jury out on this appointment. Don’t know him that well but by all reports was a very frustrated coach in his last years at Morningside and been out of game for a while.

Not sure the old school coaches suit players of today. Hopefully for Maroochydore sake I’m wrong but I heard Eames applied for same gig and would have thought he might have been a good fit and has had success working with current age demographics.

I’m jury out on this appointment. Don’t know him that well but by all reports was a very frustrated coach in his last years at Morningside and been out of game for a while.

Not sure the old school coaches suit players of today. Hopefully for Maroochydore sake I’m wrong but I heard Eames applied for same gig and would have thought he might have been a good fit and has had success working with current age demographics.
Not true, players and board didn't have any issue with him and you couldn't class him as a traditional old school coach. Would have got another contract at Morningside if he wanted it but time was right to move on.

My understanding is Eames notified the club early in the week to withdraw from the applications process due to being successful in another coaching position which I think you will find is perfect for him.

Morningside big announcement via FB just now. Big inclusion for the QAFL .

Not true, players and board didn't have any issue with him and you couldn't class him as a traditional old school coach. Would have got another contract at Morningside if he wanted it but time was right to move on.
Was interviewed for Morningside job last year and didn’t get it?

Lot of noise coming out of MtGravatt that things not going well. Appears they have lost a few and may struggle to be in QAFL Competition or any Competition for that matter.

Very proud Club always find a way, but this might be a huge battle by the looks.

Hearing some 12-15 players already departed from Senior list.

Lot of noise coming out of MtGravatt that things not going well. Appears they have lost a few and may struggle to be in QAFL Competition or any Competition for that matter.

Very proud Club always find a way, but this might be a huge battle by the looks.

Hearing some 12-15 players already departed from Senior list.
New coach also pulled the pin I heard?

Is that correct

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think they even appointed a new coach, it has been offered to at least 3-4 people who have all knocked it back. Only one of them was an actual applicant, now they are throwing out hopeful offers to anyone in footy.

Terrible if they don't stay in, but heading the direction of UQ/Sandgate by the looks - though more Sandgate than UQ.

Don't think they even appointed a new coach, it has been offered to at least 3-4 people who have all knocked it back. Only one of them was an actual applicant, now they are throwing out hopeful offers to anyone in footy.

Terrible if they don't stay in, but heading the direction of UQ/Sandgate by the looks - though more Sandgate than UQ.
As per the statement at the 2022 qafl grand final by a club president saying to me Mt Gravatt out Coorparoo in ,,, do you remember this guys !!! Interesting

As per the statement at the 2022 qafl grand final by a club president saying to me Mt Gravatt out Coorparoo in ,,, do you remember this guys !!! Interesting
I have also heard that Mt Gravatt are struggling.

However, I was told by someone from Coorparoo a couple of weeks ago that their application had been knocked back by the QAFL, despite them meeting all criteria?

I have also heard that Mt Gravatt are struggling.

However, I was told by someone from Coorparoo a couple of weeks ago that their application had been knocked back by the QAFL, despite them meeting all criteria?
Heard same thing - AFLQ not interested in mucking around competitions too greatly at the top end. If a club falls on its sword then so be it but you would imagine there would be some hard conversations had around viability based on those stats.

Hearing gun Noosa forward Aaron Wilson playing for Maroochydore in 2024. Terrific player and superb servant both on and off the ground in his past 3 years at Noosa.Great signing for Roos of correct!
Unfortunate for Tigers mate, great for Roos. He's a genuine gun imo. And in fact exactly what Maroochy need - some real big man presence in the front half of the ground.

No I wouldn't say he's "old school" at all. What that means is everyones own opinion but I would say Steve isn't a ranter or raver / hot gospeler. He's been involved with the Academy this year and I think highly rated across the board. Suppose time will tell.

Heard same thing - AFLQ not interested in mucking around competitions too greatly at the top end. If a club falls on its sword then so be it but you would imagine there would be some hard conversations had around viability based on those stats.
Coorparoo surely have to come in if Mt Gravatt bow out .. they are set up for it ,have grown to be a very strong club,, successful, got the players , got the facilities and even have a strong Womens base.
They are primed in my opinion

Coorparoo surely have to come in if Mt Gravatt bow out .. they are set up for it ,have grown to be a very strong club,, successful, got the players , got the facilities and even have a strong Womens base.
They are primed in my opinion
I think AFLQ prefer a 10 Team Competition at the end of day so not sure they will be in a hurry to add to QAFL Competition for mine.

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFL 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back