Preview QF2 Geelong v Port Adelaide Thursday Sept 5 2024 @ AO 7:40 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were Port coming off three flags from four grand finals too?

We were 64 years between flags after and lost 4 in 7 years. Clubs can turn it around

Anyway, i actually am going in confident tbh and think we win. Their midfield is elite and they have home ground advantage but other than that we have them covered well and truly up forward and down back and in the coaches box.

Last edited:
At least Oisin can play a role, Duncan is a liability.
Duncan has still been in the coaches votes 4 times and had another half a dozen good games in 2024. His last month has been poor relative to the games prior.

Mullin I have decent hopes for but has played 5 or so good quarters in total all season.

lol "There's a reason .... don't ever forget that!!!111!1!!!#2@!"

Okay, I promise to never forget that there's a reason.

Here's the reason: it's a 2-team town and most Crows supporters followed SANFL teams that were pissed on by Port for 100 years, and they rub shit in any chance they get.

I've noticed now, that you don't make a lot of sense. But by all means carry on ...
Crows supporters under 40 would barely remember Port belting the SANFL side that they loosely followed in a second-tier comp as the Adelaide Football Franchise has always existed in their collective memories.

However, "the reason" is, like you say, it's a two-team town and there's always going to be a fierce rivalry. Just like in Perth, the two local Adelaide sides are going to dislike each other. There's no deeper meaning than that.

Sweet BOG rucking against Liam Reidy. And if Wines is in Brownlow form why’s he paying > $250-1?
You can find Brownlow form late in a season, but be no chance of winning it if your form wasn't flash, or you missed chunks of games early in the season.

Wines is in good form now. I wouldn't use the term Brownlow form myself, but I get where old mate was coming from. Wines is playing good footy, so he's yet another midfielder we'll have to contend with.

We were 64 years between flags after and lost 4 in 7 years. Clubs can turn it around

Anyway, i actually am going in confident tbh and think we win. Their midfield is elite and they have home ground advantage but other than that we have them covered well and truly up forward and down back and in the coaches box.
🤔

lol "There's a reason .... don't ever forget that!!!111!1!!!#2@!"

Okay, I promise to never forget that there's a reason.

Here's the reason: it's a 2-team town and most Crows supporters followed SANFL teams that were pissed on by Port for 100 years, and they rub shit in any chance they get.

I've noticed now, that you don't make a lot of sense. But by all means carry on ...
100 years? Est. 1997.

Go awayyyy.

I couldn't care less what you think John.

This is the bloody Geelong forum and I'll be dammed if I'm going to be spoken down by a couple of their ferals all because I don't get down on my knees and rate them like you and the media do.
Raving on about their victory over Sydney when Sydney were at their lowest point of the season.

Port Adelaide have been in this position on many occasions and blown it.
At no time did Geelong between 2016-2020 ever have a list as talented as what this current Port list is.

Geelong are a different unit to the one in the past.
Do not read anything into that St Kilda loss couple weeks ago. Just wait and see their response in Adelaide. That's all I'm saying.
Exactly My Tilly I am with you on this one. Why should they the toothless w***ers called port supporters come over here and talk smugness just like there ****ing coach! Go and have a look on there board and see the level of immaturity in how they respect the oppo. My 9 yo great nephew with adhd and bi-polar has better respect than that crowd!

Last edited:
At least Oisin can play a role, Duncan is a liability.
Is Mullins role not doing anything for 3 quarters then his man being the match winner like it was against Sydney, because thats what will happen if we play him against Port.

He wasn't ready for games against the Roos and WCE, he definitely isn't ready for an away final against Port.

Setting him up to fail, and setting us up to play down a man for the match.

JHF - Wines (close to his Brownlow form) - Butters - Rozee - Drew - Sweet (voted by many as BOG v Freo)
Bit casual with the "confident we have your midfield covered"? I will watch with interest.

View attachment 2095683
It would be a big choke to drop this one at home with all that pressure on you right ?

Meh. We have the double chance, same as you.
We need to win this > Port does.
Lose and we could easily go out in straight sets; win, and we could go all the way. That week off would be manna from heaven this year.
If Port loses, will still be favourites to beat Hawks or Dogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meh. We have the double chance, same as you.
I very much doubt your mob is that luckster about a loss when you’re sitting second on the ladder …you guys melt over Kenny losing H&A games let alone finishing second with a home final and then straight exit with a Melb final should you drop this one

I very much doubt your mob is that luckster about a loss when you’re sitting second on the ladder …you guys melt over Kenny losing H&A games let alone finishing second with a home final and then straight exit with a Melb final should you drop this one
It'd be played at AO again ..? Unless I'm missing something.

Is Mullins role not doing anything for 3 quarters then his man being the match winner like it was against Sydney, because thats what will happen if we play him against Port.

He wasn't ready for games against the Roos and WCE, he definitely isn't ready for an away final against Port.

Setting him up to fail, and setting us up to play down a man for the match.
No, it’s to successfully blanket JHF like he did last time, and like he did to Brad Hill only a couple of weeks ago.

OUT: Bews
IN: SDK

With a bunch of magnets shuffled around. I would be dropping Duncan for Mullin but I don't think our MC has the guts to make that call.
That is what I was thinking…but I reckon they are really worried about Port’s small forwards (on top of the MF obviously) so I think they might keep Bews (or replace him with Mullin).

To me it is not impossible that SDK misses out (which is horrific to type!) as we just can’t load up the Talls too much in defence. I think it might come down to a call between SDK and Stanley (who has been in good form)…

What position Sam plays tomorrow in the VFL will be telling.

Rohan will also likely play 1/2 in VFL so he will be going hard to try and prove himself as sub material?

On Duncan and 2E I think a lot of us have views that we know the MC won’t do…

That is what I was thinking…but I reckon they are really worried about Port’s small forwards (on top of the MF obviously) so I think they might keep Bews (or replace him with Mullin).

To me it is not impossible that SDK misses out (which is horrific to type!) as we just can’t load up the Talls too much in defence. I think it might come down to a call between SDK and Stanley (who has been in good form)…

What position Sam plays tomorrow in the VFL will be telling.

Rohan will also likely play 1/2 in VFL so he will be going hard to try and prove himself as sub material?

On Duncan and 2E I think a lot of us have views that we know the MC won’t do…

Stanley's rucking of late is superior to the SDK model, and that's before you factor in the absence.

Stanley's rucking of late is superior to the SDK model, and that's before you factor in the absence.

SDK against Hawthorn was easily the best ruck display we've seen all year (6 coaches votes). That was in a massively important game against a solid opponent.

The only performance from Stanley to come close to that was last week in a low intensity dead rubber. The week before that Marshall killed him (5 coaches votes).

Tom Stewart and Lawson Humphries will be available to take on Port Adelaide next Thursday night after both players were proactively managed after halftime against West Coast.
Sam De Koning (knee), Oscar Murdoch (concussion protocols) and Mark O’Connor (knee) have all been selected to play in the VFL Qualifying Final on the weekend against Werribee after recovering from their respective injuries.

That was my initial feeling too. But then I wonder whether we hold those players to different standards?

Ie when Ryhss plays ok we get so excited and think he had a really good game and when SDK is just ok we think wasn’t good?

When I step back I wonder whether SDK/Blitz is a better combination with Blitz playing 70% back?

I reckon the MC will be thinking it through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back