Preview QF2 Geelong v Port Adelaide Thursday Sept 5 2024 @ AO 7:40 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your logic is "Let's not play Mullin on JHF because we didn't play him on Cripps or Treloar, even though Mullin did a great job on JHF last time, and also did a great job just a few weeks ago negating Brad Hill". Forgive me if I don't think that dribble is worth my time.
No, my logic is that if the MC thought Mullin was capable of stopping the A grade mids, like JHF, in a final, why have they not played him in this role in the 13 weeks since the Port game?

Your logic is "Let's not play Mullin on JHF because we didn't play him on Cripps or Treloar, even though Mullin did a great job on JHF last time, and also did a great job just a few weeks ago negating Brad Hill". Forgive me if I don't think that dribble is worth my time.
In other words Mullin has tagged one quality player for one half as a sub this season and has proven to be quite poor in defence, including making costly several mistakes in the VFL final last week. JHF will drift forward more this time now that they have Rozee in the side. Your overconfidence in Mullin playing an important role in a hostile away final seems a little misplaced. But...."whatever gets Duncan out of the team" was your thesis, so the Mullin stretch kind of makes sense in that regard.

Surprised they're even trying to play Guthrie
It’s pretty much “no regrets”. He’s not going to play AFL unless absolutely everything goes right. Worst case he injures himself and has months to recover.

How close will we be to having more finals experience in the VFL than AFL this week?

Hypothetical changes. SDK and Knevitt or Mullin in for Stanley and Bews. Guthrie and Hawkins back in the VFL.

You could have all of Hawkins (32 finals), Guthrie (21), Rohan (26), Bews (18), Stanley (16), O'Connor (12) and Parfitt (14) playing VFL.

That would be 139 games of AFL finals experience in a VFL team. Surely as record.

How close will we be to having more finals experience in the VFL than AFL this week?

Hypothetical changes. SDK and Knevitt or Mullin in for Stanley and Bews. Guthrie and Hawkins back in the VFL.

You could have all of Hawkins (32 finals), Guthrie (21), Rohan (26), Bews (18), Stanley (16), O'Connor (12) and Parfitt (14) playing VFL.

That would be 139 games of AFL finals experience in a VFL team. Surely as record.

Stanley is surely playing Thursday night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From Fox Footy

Unthinkable return among seven Blues options; the stars already sidelined — AFL Finals Team Tips

Read about the latest selection and injury news ahead of the first week of finals in AFL Team Tips!

Geelong’s Round 24 team

B: L.Humphries, J.Henry, J.Kolodjashnij
HB: M.Holmes, M.Blicavs, Z.Guthrie
C: M.Duncan, T.Atkins, O.Dempsey
HF: T.Stengle, S.Neale, S.Mannagh
F: B.Close, J.Cameron, O.Henry
FOLL: R.Stanley, P.Dangerfield - C, T.Stewart

I/C: Z.Tuohy, J.Bowes, G.Miers, J.Bews, T.Bruhn

EMG: G.Rohan, O.Mullin, M.Knevitt

Team Tips: Chris Scott has on Monday confirmed Tom Hawkins (foot) will not play against Port Adelaide, but he said the imminent retiree will play in Geelong’s VFL semi-final against Southport. The exact same goes for midfielder Cam Guthrie (Achilles), who participated in Sunday’s training session as he plots a last-minute call-up. “They’re working really hard with us to get us right for this week’s game, and they’re working hard on themselves to try to get back to playing,” Mark Blicavs said of the pair after Sunday’s session. Sam De Koning(knee) will return per Scott, having played in Geelong’s VFL finals loss to Werribee — he notched 18 disposals, two marks and 23 hit-outs. Mitch Hardie(24 disposals) was the Cats’ top ball-winner, while Brandan Parfitt (19 possessions, 14 tackles and four clearances) and Mark O’Connor (19 disposals, seven marks, four clearances) pushed for recalls. Elsewhere, forward Gary Rohan(managed) is set to be recalled by Chris Scott. Oisin Mullin and Mitch Knevittwere emergencies against the Eagles, giving an indication of the players closest to a call-up.

For CE:
Elsewhere, forward Gary Rohan(managed) is set to be recalled by Chris Scott

I would hope they do it anyway but they may choose a different antibiotic

Note: fairly certain the allergy just makes you itchy and is mostly harmless. I'm not wishing harm on anyone here

I know all about allergic reactions to it - it's one of 5 drugs on my banned list due to reactions, with everything from full body rashes to projectile vomiting

From Fox Footy

Unthinkable return among seven Blues options; the stars already sidelined — AFL Finals Team Tips

Read about the latest selection and injury news ahead of the first week of finals in AFL Team Tips!

Geelong’s Round 24 team

B: L.Humphries, J.Henry, J.Kolodjashnij
HB: M.Holmes, M.Blicavs, Z.Guthrie
C: M.Duncan, T.Atkins, O.Dempsey
HF: T.Stengle, S.Neale, S.Mannagh
F: B.Close, J.Cameron, O.Henry
FOLL: R.Stanley, P.Dangerfield - C, T.Stewart

I/C: Z.Tuohy, J.Bowes, G.Miers, J.Bews, T.Bruhn

EMG: G.Rohan, O.Mullin, M.Knevitt

Team Tips: Chris Scott has on Monday confirmed Tom Hawkins (foot) will not play against Port Adelaide, but he said the imminent retiree will play in Geelong’s VFL semi-final against Southport. The exact same goes for midfielder Cam Guthrie (Achilles), who participated in Sunday’s training session as he plots a last-minute call-up. “They’re working really hard with us to get us right for this week’s game, and they’re working hard on themselves to try to get back to playing,” Mark Blicavs said of the pair after Sunday’s session. Sam De Koning(knee) will return per Scott, having played in Geelong’s VFL finals loss to Werribee — he notched 18 disposals, two marks and 23 hit-outs. Mitch Hardie(24 disposals) was the Cats’ top ball-winner, while Brandan Parfitt (19 possessions, 14 tackles and four clearances) and Mark O’Connor (19 disposals, seven marks, four clearances) pushed for recalls. Elsewhere, forward Gary Rohan(managed) is set to be recalled by Chris Scott. Oisin Mullin and Mitch Knevittwere emergencies against the Eagles, giving an indication of the players closest to a call-up.

For CE:
Elsewhere, forward Gary Rohan(managed) is set to be recalled by Chris Scott

Excellent strategy by Scott we'll out number them on the field even if the umpires are on their side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back