Preview QF2 Geelong v Port Adelaide Thursday Sept 5 2024 @ AO 7:40 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We certainly have been in past years. No denial about that at all. It's the reason most of us have been calling for Hinkleys scalp, which most of the Vic footy world calls us out for it.

But this year that seems different. We'll see - a lot has to go right to win a final, let alone a premiership. I hope you're wrong about the mentality side of things, but it's a valid question. Still think your statement about midfields is dead wrong though - as do most of your board, from what I've read.

There's a reason why Adelaide and their players have always bagged your club. Don't ever forget that.
Port Adelaide have been perennial chokers for decades.

The Ken Hinkley threads are full of your own calling for his resignation and here you are talking up the team on eve of another opportunity (potentially) missed.

Good luck next week. All the pressure is on Port to at least sneak into a grand final at the bare minimum.

There's a reason why Adelaide and their players have always bagged your club. Don't ever forget that.
Port Adelaide have been perennial chokers for decades.

The Ken Hinkley threads are full of your own calling for his resignation and here you are talking up the team on eve of another opportunity missed.

Good luck next week. All the pressure is on Port to at least sneak into a grand final.

lol what did port do to you? Don’t forget Geelong got pumped almost every finals season after 2011, were called chokers after every prelim we lost. Then turned it around in 2022. All it takes is one year for it all to click after being there for so long

Edit: not to mention the amount of people in here calling for Chris Scotts head over the years

Duncan isn’t winning us this game.
It's a moot point anyway on Mullin, or anyone else on the verge of selection getting criticized.

If we are to win, it'll be Dangerfield, Stewart, Cameron, Holmes, Stengle, Miers, Stanley, Bruhn, Bowes, & Zuthrie being the drivers.

Our best players, or players in key positions on the ground to where this game will be won or lost.

Dempsey, Mannagh, & Neale the smokies who could surprise, particularly the first two with their pace & flair.

Scapegoating the 21-23 players in the side is lazy though.

We'd obviously like them to perform, but if they're left to be the deciding factor in this game then we're already screwed.

lol what did port do to you? Don’t forget Geelong got pumped almost every finals season after 2011, were called chokers after every prelim we lost. Then turned it around in 2022. All it takes is one year for it all to click after being there for so long

Edit: not to mention the amount of people in here calling for Chris Scotts head over the years

I couldn't care less what you think John.

This is the bloody Geelong forum and I'll be dammed if I'm going to be spoken down by a couple of their ferals all because I don't get down on my knees and rate them like you and the media do.
Raving on about their victory over Sydney when Sydney were at their lowest point of the season.

Port Adelaide have been in this position on many occasions and blown it.
At no time did Geelong between 2016-2020 ever have a list as talented as what this current Port list is.

Geelong are a different unit to the one in the past.
Do not read anything into that St Kilda loss couple weeks ago. Just wait and see their response in Adelaide. That's all I'm saying.

I couldn't care less what you think John.

This is the bloody Geelong forum and I'll be dammed if I'm going to be spoken down by a couple of their ferals all because I don't get down on my knees and rate them like you and the media do

Port Adelaide have been in this position on many occasions and blown it.
At no time did Geelong between 2016-2020 ever have a list as talented as what this current Port list is.

Geelong are a different unit to the one in the past.
Do not read anything into that St Kilda loss couple weeks ago. Just wait and see their response in Adelaide. That's all I'm saying.

Easy!

We're all on the same side here, even if we individually assess PA, and our own club, a little differently.

Fwiw, I agree that the weight of expectation lays on PA.

Port are the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.

Coached by the mastermind, the messiah, Ken 'father figure' Hinkley... It's hard to see how our slick backed, fake tanned counterpart gets close.

I think I speak for all of us when I say I have Ken Hinkley envy. His record stacks up, and his dances on the sideline when they win make me cry with joy.

It's like watching your drunk uncle sing 'Sweet Caroline' at Christmas time. It's a little weird, a little bit cringe, but it's awesome nonetheless.

4 flags this century alone, and looking to add to it this year. Truly the benchmark club of the now national competition, and as they say, they can never be torn apart.

I pray our rudderless joke of a side can come close to their herculean level next thursday night, but I'm not holding my breath.

The men from West Horsham will just be too strong in the end, lead by their fearless leader of course.

Mods, please sticky this so our friends from Alberton know our true feelings when they enter.

We don't want anymore conflict.

I think decent argument could be made that Blicavs is surplus to needs if SDK comes back, assuming they're ok with SDK and Neale doing the 2nd ruck duties. I understand this would be a huge call for someone who has played 22 games this year, and unlikley to happen. And that he offers us great versatility to cover some gaps, particularly if Stanley is poor.

But If SDK is playing defence, he's not needed there. Stanley has earned the right the last few weeks to play as the no. 1 ruck. And he wouldn't be in my top 6 midfielders this year. Maybe they keep him as a utility and Tuohy get's dropped? Or he might be handy sub.
The real interesting possibility is whether they chose blitz in the backline over Sam. I will be devastated as I love Sam but in some ways might not be shocked.

I don’t think 2024 Blitz fits anywhere other than defence and back up ruck. 2022 and even 2023 blitz could tag and play inside mid and even wing. But it has not worked this year.

But in defence he has done well and I think helped Kolo and Henry to be in their best form?

Sam will play some of VFL this week to make sure he is ready. But I wonder whether he plays defence or ruck in the vfl?

lol "There's a reason .... don't ever forget that!!!111!1!!!#2@!"

Okay, I promise to never forget that there's a reason.

Here's the reason: it's a 2-team town and most Crows supporters followed SANFL teams that were pissed on by Port for 100 years, and they rub shit in any chance they get.

I've noticed now, that you don't make a lot of sense. But by all means carry on ...

No Farrell and Houston gives us a bit of hope here now I think. We may well lose centre clearance but their ability to rebound off half back now has been hurt.

Port should win at home if they are a legitimate contender but they aren’t a side that makes you reallly tremble with fear.
Farrell seems to kick several of his not too many career goals against Geelong.

On AFL tables, indeed Farrell has kicked more goals against Geelong than anyone else, (eight). Houston out also changes their kicking structure off half back too. I feel it will be a significantly more robust Geelong team Port will face this time around, even if it's at Adelaide Oval.

Farrell seems to kick several of his not too many career goals against Geelong.

On AFL tables, indeed Farrell has kicked more goals against Geelong than anyone else, (eight). Houston out also changes their kicking structure off half back too. I feel it will be a significantly more robust Geelong team Port will face this time around, even if it's at Adelaide Oval.

Not mentioned as an out as did his ACL earlier in the season but old mate Powell Pepper always kicked goals out of his arse against us as well. Hopeless against anyone else.

lol "There's a reason .... don't ever forget that!!!111!1!!!#2@!"

Okay, I promise to never forget that there's a reason.

Here's the reason: it's a 2-team town and most Crows supporters followed SANFL teams that were pissed on by Port for 100 years, and they rub shit in any chance they get.

I've noticed now, that you don't make a lot of sense. But by all means carry on ...
Tilly winds opposition supporters up with many Geelong board non-consensus low appraisals of their teams. You're giving him the reaction he wants when you could be engaging in civil discussion with the rest of us. Just a thought.

Tilly winds opposition supporters up with many Geelong board non-consensus low appraisals of their teams. You're giving him the reaction he wants when you could be engaging in civil discussion with the rest of us. Just a thought.
Yeah kinda figured that out now, but thanks for the confirmation :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not mentioned as an out as did his ACL earlier in the season but old mate Powell Pepper always kicked goals out of his arse against us as well. Hopeless against anyone else.
Bloody hell yes!! He was instrumental in both the Power's QF wins in 2020 and 2021. Then I'd pick him as an anytime goalkicker against someone else and he struggles to see the ball at all. But instead will we have Narkle and Frank the Tank along with Sav come out with cameos? Be kind of funny playing all these ex-cats, a bit like the Loins when they had McCarthy, Fort and briefly Cockatoo, or the Weegles with Vardy, Jones and Kelly.

It's a moot point anyway on Mullin, or anyone else on the verge of selection getting criticized.

If we are to win, it'll be Dangerfield, Stewart, Cameron, Holmes, Stengle, Miers, Stanley, Bruhn, Bowes, & Zuthrie being the drivers.

Our best players, or players in key positions on the ground to where this game will be won or lost.

Dempsey, Mannagh, & Neale the smokies who could surprise, particularly the first two with their pace & flair.

Scapegoating the 21-23 players in the side is lazy though.

We'd obviously like them to perform, but if they're left to be the deciding factor in this game then we're already screwed.
Not scapegoating the last few picked, just think that Mullin offers a point of difference that Duncan doesn’t anymore. Yes our stars have to perform but we must stop there’s and JHF is #1 for mine. Have the double chance, we should be bold is all I’m saying. Strange things happen and names can be made in finals, I don’t think Mullin is as far off as some do.

It's interesting a few Port fans feeling the need to come in here and tell us how good they are.

They appear to be seeking validation.

I think they're a bit nervous.
More interesting in that they might have 3 in their 23 who in all likelihood couldn’t or wouldn’t get a look-in in our side. The melts and calls for Kenny’s head will be epic if we salute.

It's interesting a few Port fans feeling the need to come in here and tell us how good they are.

They appear to be seeking validation.

I think they're a bit nervous.

No issues at all with friendly banter & chat - more than happy to see opposition supporters who want to come and discuss things

As long as they don't cross the line then all is good

The irony is though we're a pretty respectful board in our preview threads.

Another club would probably have 'QF2 Geelong vs Hinkley's Heroes' or 'QF2 Geelong vs The Tarps' or something like that as the preview title.

You see it every week if you're a browser of oppo boards. Very Bay 13 esque.

We never do that, and kudos to our mods for showing a bit of maturity there that others don't.

Edit: I'm doing my best to make up their slack, but I'm fighting a one man battle here guys.

Last edited:
You seem pretty confident yourself coming in here and questioning me why you think Geelong win.

Any reason why you are so confident given those players you mentioned are missing and you have Ken Hinkley as your coach?
Again, I just don't rate you as highly as some. I think you are a mentally weak football club who have a tendency to shy away from these moments.
The stage is all set, the path to a grand final could not be easier but you wait and see what happens.
Stop mozzing us and ignore them

Were Port coming off three flags from four grand finals too?

At least Oisin can play a role, Duncan is a liability.
Will Ferrell Lol GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back