Preview QF2 Geelong v Port Adelaide Thursday Sept 5 2024 @ AO 7:40 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what I was thinking…but I reckon they are really worried about Port’s small forwards (on top of the MF obviously) so I think they might keep Bews (or replace him with Mullin).

To me it is not impossible that SDK misses out (which is horrific to type!) as we just can’t load up the Talls too much in defence. I think it might come down to a call between SDK and Stanley (who has been in good form)…

What position Sam plays tomorrow in the VFL will be telling.

Rohan will also likely play 1/2 in VFL so he will be going hard to try and prove himself as sub material?

On Duncan and 2E I think a lot of us have views that we know the MC won’t do…
Wonder if DK is an out-of-the-box sub option.

Anyone able to advise what's happening with Jizzer Clark?

Can't see him on the injury list and haven't seen him in the line up for a few weeks now.

Also any news on Max Waight at the Falcons?
Just wanting to know how these couple of Queenscliff boys are going.

I'd rather we use an in of the box option
What’s your 23?

Mine is:

B: Z.Guthrie Blicavs J.Henry
HB: Stewart Kolo Humphries
C: Holmes Bowes Dempsey
HF: Close Cameron Miers
F: Stengle Neale O.Henry
R: Stanley Dangerfield Bruhn
Int: Mannagh, Atkins, Tuohy, Duncan, SDK

Perhaps Tuohy or Duncan is an in-the-box sub option but I’m not sure what role SDK plays in the 18 unless it’s a pure ruck rotation which we don’t tend to do.

What’s your 23?

Mine is:

Perhaps Tuohy or Duncan is an in-the-box sub option but I’m not sure what role SDK plays in the 18 unless it’s a pure ruck rotation which we don’t tend to do.

We'll know more after the VFL game. Oddly, it would help our AFL team, if our VFL team were to lose, We have a quite a few that are desperate for some match practice.

I don't think we have a good sub option, no one really put their hand up for it.

If SDK isn't in the 18, then he shouldn't be selected, he is a structural player, if our structure is good then leave it be. I'm on team pick only 2 of Blicavs, Stanley, SDK.

I think it would be a mistake to put one of Duncan or Tuohy as the sub. You want you sub to be a bit of an agent of chaos, bringing in some energy that changes you move the ball.

I'm thinking Clark, as the best of the rest, that fact that I'm considering Bews is an indictment on the rest of our squad. Parfitt hoping he could still pull out the player he was.

No Mullin, If we're playing O.Henry then we shouldn't pick Rohan.
O'Connor isn't match fit.

We'll know more after the VFL game. Oddly, it would help our AFL team, if our VFL team were to lose, We have a quite a few that are desperate for some match practice.

I don't think we have a good sub option, no one really put their hand up for it.

If SDK isn't in the 18, then he shouldn't be selected, he is a structural player, if our structure is good then leave it be. I'm on team pick only 2 of Blicavs, Stanley, SDK.

I think it would be a mistake to put one of Duncan or Tuohy as the sub. You want you sub to be a bit of an agent of chaos, bringing in some energy that changes you move the ball.

I'm thinking Clark, as the best of the rest, that fact that I'm considering Bews is an indictment on the rest of our squad. Parfitt hoping he could still pull out the player he was.

I’m not seeing an answer here!

1725008559685.png

what she said yes GIF by TipsyElves.com

What’s your 23?

Mine is:

Sdk will play in the 18 as kolo can play on smaller players.

The question is do we play stanley or not

I suspect tuohy is sub.

The vfl team tells me for the afl QF mullin wont play, rohan is sub at best (which is the right call) and bews is the travelling emg in adel.
I assume they play sdk for a half and then take him to adel in the 23.

It will be tuohy/duncan (which solves the issue of having both in the same 22 or possibly rohan)
I reckon it would have been oconnor if he was fitter.

Bews is injury backup and clark is a one position player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1.SDK against Hawthorn was easily the best ruck display we've seen all year (6 coaches votes). That was in a massively important game against a solid opponent.

2.The only performance from Stanley to come close to that was last week in a low intensity dead rubber. The week before that Marshall killed him (5 coaches votes).
1.Definitely the outlier though- his time may come, but not 2024 finals after a month of no footy.
2. It's now that counts though

Duncan still a useful distributor off half back/wing. Is making more errors than he once did but still knows how to rack up the footy.

If De Koning comes in it has to be for Blicavs. He’s been ordinary this year. Footskills even worse.
I find that comment bizarre, and can not believe you are serious

Last edited:
I actually think if SDK comes back in its in the old Blicavs role.

Keep Blicavs as a KPD where its working, keep Neale at FF, keep Stanley in the ruck and SDK as 2nd ruck.

SDK was in that role this season and was better than Blicavs in the role, and it means if Neale or Stanley struggle they can be subbed out.

But then it really depends on who the sub is.

It will be tuohy/duncan (which solves the issue of having both in the same 22 or possibly rohan)
I reckon it would have been oconnor if he was fitter.

Bews is injury backup and clark is a one position player.

We are 10 and 4 when they both play, 5 and 4 when they don't.

1.Definitely the outlier though- his time may come, but not 2024 finals after a month of no footy.
2. It's now that counts though

Not an outlier at all.

Stanley has never had more than 16 touches this year. SDK never had less than 20 touches in the 5 games he played as number 1 ruck.

Stanley has only got over 5 score involvements twice this year in 12 matches. Both were in barely VFL standard games against West Coast and North. SDK did that against both Collingwood and Hawthorn.

SDK had 4+ clearances in every match he played as number 1 ruck. Stanley only did that 3 of 12 games. Once again in the dominations of West Coast and North, and the game against the Saints where Marshall dominated him.

He's missed 3 games. He'll have a run out in the VFL. He's taking on the might of Jordan Sweet. This isn't some impossible task and his ceiling is clearly miles above Stanley's now.

Not an outlier at all.

Stanley has never had more than 16 touches this year. SDK never had less than 20 touches in the 5 games he played as number 1 ruck.

Stanley has only got over 5 score involvements twice this year in 12 matches. Both were in barely VFL standard games against West Coast and North. SDK did that against both Collingwood and Hawthorn.

SDK had 4+ clearances in every match he played as number 1 ruck. Stanley only did that 3 of 12 games. Once again in the dominations of West Coast and North, and the game against the Saints where Marshall dominated him.

He's missed 3 games. He'll have a run out in the VFL. He's taking on the might of Jordan Sweet. This isn't some impossible task and his ceiling is clearly miles above Stanley's now.
Good points, well researched and can't argue, but.. will he get the gig after a month without a senior game? I think he should be FB indefinitely, IF Conway ever gets his body right.

Did I see a different game from everyone else or did Stanley not smack Jackson and co a few weeks ago? Yes rohan Marshall got on top the other week but he's an AA calibre ruck. Just back Stanley in please.

What? 7 disposals and a goal is hardly “smacking” someone lol. And If you’re gonna bring up hit outs, the week before Riley O’Brien had 53 hitouts against Stanley.

What's impressed you about Duncan this year? Was it his 9 disposals in rd 22? Or were his 4 disposals (one was a kick in) as sub the following week particularly impressive? Or maybe his 14-disposal masterclass playing loose across half back in rd 24 was what got you?

Anyone can get 20 uncontested possessions running loose off half back as Duncan's done most of the year. But not even he's been able to manage 15 (or even 10) possessions let alone 20 in his past three games. What a 'doozy'.
Doubling, tripling and quadrupling down on your Duncan drive bys I see.

To your credit you waited until he had a poor month before you decided it was time to truly pile on. You were a bit half in, half out before that.

"Anyone" can do what Duncan did in the previous 15 matches? Sure. He was a very good contributor for most of the year, his mistakes are obsessed about more than any player we've had the past 10 years and his good disposals are largely not commented on.

But what a bizarre whipping boy a few have decided to exaggerate the bad and diminish the good on in the twilight of his career. Thank goodness Scott and co. know a hell of a lot more about football than the crew who have been screeching "Duncan out" for the past 2 years.

The vfl team tells me for the afl QF mullin wont play, rohan is sub at best (which is the right call) and bews is the travelling emg in adel.
I assume they play sdk for a half and then take him to adel in the 23.

Willi killed last us time .
Can we play both Bews and Mullin...?
Bews > willi.
Mullin > horne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back